Dinner Plans? (5 Viewers)

Some old friends were in the neighborhood and dtagged me away from weekend work. Went for a late lunch at a new place right by my house. Pleasantly surprised! Walking distance from my house
883D0D48-DA29-4333-AE3C-34D5FCCED75B.jpeg

I've been known to take pictures of Emeril's seasoning labels, just so I could make them at home (without all the salt - I add that independently of other seasoning).

I have noticed that in his spices as well. Salt is not the in the top 3 ingredients. Nevertheless, by making a spice mix without the salt, I dont run into trouble.

Say, I'm making a cajun omelette. I might add country ham or bacon - both are salty ingredients. If I add the Emeril's straight, I wind up with a salty omelette. By omitting the salt in my mix, I can add just the right amount.

Sure I have to take the time to add 2 seasonings rather than one, but that is a small price to may when you aim to perfect a dish.

I have noticed that in his spices as well. Salt is not the in the top 3 ingredients. Nevertheless, by making a spice mix without the salt, I dont run into trouble.

Say, I'm making a cajun omelette. I might add country ham or bacon - both are salty ingredients. If I add the Emeril's straight, I wind up with a salty omelette. By omitting the salt in my mix, I can add just the right amount.

Sure I have to take the time to add 2 seasonings rather than one, but that is a small price to may when you aim to perfect a dish.

yes

mustard braised broccoli details please?
It was a spot of mustard, about the size of the distal section of the little finger. Added to that, melted butter. I just used what I had left from the current stick, so probably 3-4 tbs. added salt to taste, then plated it over the slow cooked broccoli.

The broccoli was slow cooked in water from boiling the potatoes, so it had a bit of starch in it. That allowed the mustard sauce to cling better to the potatoes.

It was the first time I did the broccoli that way, but the flavor was fantastic. There were no vegetable leftovers. I'm hoping I remember this in the future.

It was a spot of mustard, about the size of the distal section of the little finger. Added to that, melted butter. I just used what I had left from the current stick, so probably 3-4 tbs. added salt to taste, then plated it over the slow cooked broccoli.

The broccoli was slow cooked in water from boiling the potatoes, so it had a bit of starch in it. That allowed the mustard sauce to cling better to the potatoes.

It was the first time I did the broccoli that way, but the flavor was fantastic. There were no vegetable leftovers. I'm hoping I remember this in the future.

So simple, but sounds fantastic. I'll definitely be giving this a shot

My second attempt at wood fired pizza on Weber kettle. This was better than last time but I still need more heat. Next time no briquettes and maybe some actual wood for more heat. This was tasty though!
86ABF8DE-22A0-4F05-B606-FFC0E7E3271B.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom