Dinner Plans? (4 Viewers)

We're going down town to a nice Irish pub tonight to celebrate a friends birthday, will update how the food is! (We've never been to this restaurant before)
Food was delicious and reasonably price, our table tried the burgers, Irish style chicken sandwich, and the salmon. Everything was fantastic and the best fries I've ever had!!!
Didnt snag any pictures as we were quite hungry! But will definitely be coming here again, I may finally try a Reuben I'm hopeful I will like (havent had a good one and its turned me off of them) and the brisket sandwich sounds delicious

FF0CF9A9-0B5D-4FBD-B701-763E590ADDB8.jpeg
2A13559D-1083-4F30-994B-D24C7505CF27.jpeg

I purchased the OnlyFire model that fits my Akorn on Amazon - it is corderite instead of ceramic. The rectangular pizza was on The Rock available at Costco. It was far easier to make the pizza in the pan and then place it on the grill instead of trying to transfer the uncooked pizza to the preheated pizza stone. I did not have a pizza spatula :meh: Pics of failed transfer attempts not included, but looked more like a calzone :oops:

I purchased the OnlyFire model that fits my Akorn on Amazon - it is corderite instead of ceramic. The rectangular pizza was on The Rock available at Costco. It was far easier to make the pizza in the pan and then place it on the grill instead of trying to transfer the uncooked pizza to the preheated pizza stone. I did not have a pizza spatula :meh: Pics of failed transfer attempts not included, but looked more like a calzone :oops:

Even with a pizza peel it isn’t that easy to transfer to the stone. Luckily while they don’t look great I bet they still taste great!

I stopped trying to transfer pizza with the peel, especially if you're making a thin crust, it's always gonna be a mess unless you're a pro.

Instead, I bought these pizza screens. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PB8HXWO/ I also cover them in foil as it makes cleanup easier.

50130367616_978df54648_c.jpg

A few tricks I use for transfer:
  1. Corn meal on the peel. Reduced friction + good flavor.
  2. Get low. The peel to stone needs to be at shoulder level or higher. This keeps the peel flat to very little angle.
  3. Fearless snap. Moving it forward to sharply back, you don't want the pizza to lose it's forward momentum. In a matter of thinking, you are throwing the pie onto the stone with the forward momentum, and yanking the peel out from under it. Then the pie just goes where it goes - hopefully on the stone, but it doesn't really need to be centered.

A few tricks I use for transfer:
  1. Corn meal on the peel. Reduced friction + good flavor.
  2. Get low. The peel to stone needs to be at shoulder level or higher. This keeps the peel flat to very little angle.
  3. Fearless snap. Moving it forward to sharply back, you don't want the pizza to lose it's forward momentum. In a matter of thinking, you are throwing the pie onto the stone with the forward momentum, and yanking the peel out from under it. Then the pie just goes where it goes - hopefully on the stone, but it doesn't really need to be centered.

I tried the fearless snap and ended up with a pile of toppings next to the pizza :banghead: apparently they forgot to hang on.

I stopped trying to transfer pizza with the peel, especially if you're making a thin crust, it's always gonna be a mess unless you're a pro.

Instead, I bought these pizza screens. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PB8HXWO/ I also cover them in foil as it makes cleanup easier.

50130367616_978df54648_c.jpg
I have this one that worked pretty well for the roundish pizza posted above.
8CD59CE9-37A3-44D8-8402-B4C807C590EE.jpeg

Zombie I use corn meal as well. You ever have a issue with the corn meal burning?
I have not, though I haven't used it at over 450°F. Might come out differently on the grill, but I figure if it blackens the cornmeal, it's going to blacken the crust.

How early do you start Thanksgiving? Ours started November 30th, 2019, when we boiled the carcass and made a stock, which is the start of the first gravy. I thawed the stock, and I'm making Gravy One this afternoon.
2020-11-25 14.30.34.jpg

I always make two gravies. One light one (as above) and one made from drippings caught while smoking the bird. The smoked gravy is then mixed with water from boiling the giblets, with bits of neck and organ meats. Since some people are grossed out by such things, I like to make a second option.

How early do you start Thanksgiving? Ours started November 30th, 2019, when we boiled the carcass and made a stock, which is the start of the first gravy. I thawed the stock, and I'm making Gravy One this afternoon.
View attachment 580270

I always make two gravies. One light one (as above) and one made from drippings caught while smoking the bird. The smoked gravy is then mixed with water from boiling the giblets, with bits of neck and organ meats. Since some people are grossed out by such things, I like to make a second option.

More gravy the better imo

More gravy the better imo
Needless to say, we've never thrown any out, even when it's just the two of us. It may take a few days, but it all goes.

This year, three of our players are coming over for dinner. One couldn't go home (Canada) because of isolation protocols, the other two didn't want to travel back to Michigan during COVID. So it's a little Zombie Thanksgiving.

I suspect there will be a card game where the loser gets stuck with the dishes :whistle: :whistling:

Needless to say, we've never thrown any out, even when it's just the two of us. It may take a few days, but it all goes.

This year, three of our players are coming over for dinner. One couldn't go home (Canada) because of isolation protocols, the other two didn't want to travel back to Michigan during COVID. So it's a little Zombie Thanksgiving.

I suspect there will be a card game where the loser gets stuck with the dishes :whistle: :whistling:

Your you have to cook and clean?

My contribution for the drinkers tomorrow in our group... very simple... I bought Caronlina Reaper peppers about 5 years ago because the guys at work wanted the real thing! Even the peppers are pretty expensive, so I cut out the seeds, dried them and grew my own plants.
20201125_163552.jpg

I don't grow new plants each year... I grew them in pots. I dry the peppers out and have been waiting for a new coffee grinder. After 2 years I had a pretty good pile of peppers... figured maybe I would get a couple teaspoons
20201125_160404.jpg

It yielded 3/4 of a cup of the hottest crap man ever created!

So what do you do with this insanely hot crap? Of course chilli and add it to food... but I met a guy from North Carolina a while back that carried peanuts in a little film canister...

I said what the hell is that?? He explained that he grew Trinidad scorpion peppers and loves heat! So he bought wet peanuts and sprinkled in the powder for a snack when ever he wants some heat!! Genius!!

So it's been a few years since I made a batch... but Carolina Reaper coated peanuts will force you to drink... even if you don't! Lol

20201125_163446.jpg

Ok so I had to sample as I added powder and my face is about to burn off... but they good boyz!!!

Last edited:
My contribution for the drinkers tomorrow in our group... very simple... I bought Caronlina Reaper peppers about 5 years ago because the guys at work wanted the real thing! Even the peppers are pretty expensive, so I cut out the seeds, dried them and grew my own plants.
View attachment 580295
I don't grow new plants each year... I grew them in pots. I dry the peppers out and have been waiting for a new coffee grinder. After 2 years I had a pretty good pile of peppers... figured maybe I would get a couple teaspoons
View attachment 580298
It yielded 3/4 of a cup of the hottest crap man ever created!

So what do you do with this insanely hot crap? Of course chilli and add it to food... but I met a guy from North Carolina a while back that carried peanuts in a little film canister...

I said what the hell is that?? He explained that he grew Trinidad scorpion peppers and loves heat! So he bought wet peanuts and sprinkled in the powder for a snack when ever he wants some heat!! Genius!!

So it's been a few years since I made a batch... but Carolina Reaper coated peanuts will force you to drink... even if you don't! Lol

View attachment 580299
Ok so I had to sample as I added powder and my face is about to burn off... but they good boyz!!!
Btw you can safe yourself years of hassle, and hard work... they sell the same stuff in a jar, but I have no idea what heat level that stuff is.
Screenshot_20201125-165021_eBay.jpg

One of my buddies bought it one time and it was warm...but it's almost like they cut it with habanero or something. You put a little but of my powder on your tounge, you are going to regret it for hours!! Lol

But I do recommend trying the hot nuts if your players enjoy drinking and up for a challenge!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom