Dinner Plans? (8 Viewers)

Swordfish last night, no tuna at the store yesterday

20200818_175808.jpg

Apologies in advance for the low quality mid bite pic

I've cooked swordfish a couple of times. I can't seem to get it quite right. What kind of sauce do you have on it?
No sauce. Took a page out of the book of bills and cooked up my own seasoning blend. I use dry "rubs" only majorily comprised of lemon pepper. Sauteed minced garlic in 2 tbsp butter and then began the searing process. 4 mins ea side on the thinner pieces 6 min ea side on the thicker pieces (could've gone a minute less on each)
This time I mixed lemon pepper seasoning with a citrus based dry rub + dried tarragon + a small (very small) amount of garlic powder and standard black pepper
Need to find a salt free base lemon pepper rub (for my preferences the "crust" is a touch saltier than I prefer, but I dont use salt on my food so..)

No sauce. Took a page out of the book of bills and cooked up my own seasoning blend. I use dry "rubs" only majorily comprised of lemon pepper. Sauteed minced garlic in 2 tbsp butter and then began the searing process. 4 mins ea side on the thinner pieces 6 min ea side on the thicker pieces (could've gone a minute less on each)
This time I mixed lemon pepper seasoning with a citrus based dry rub + dried tarragon + a small (very small) amount of garlic powder and standard black pepper
Need to find a salt free base lemon pepper rub (for my preferences the "crust" is a touch saltier than I prefer, but I dont use salt on my food so..)

Where did they finish with their "doneness"? Medium? sounds delicious. Maybe I'll give it one more shot.

Where did they finish with their "doneness"? Medium? sounds delicious. Maybe I'll give it one more shot.
The thinner pieces ended medium or a touch over (this is the way Ben prefers) the thicker ended medium or a touch under, I could've gone for a touch less as I dont mind slight rare-ness (sushi is good lol)
The key to not having an overly fishy flavor is cooking them just under medium and like a steak let stand for a few mins

One of our regular players - from our earliest games 12 years ago - is moving back to Arizona. :(

We cooked her and her boyfriend dinner. It was the first time we met her new(ish) boyfriend, so we asked if there were any allergies or food issues. She said "He doesn't like nuts or bell peppers."

Amuse Bouche:
1598309119775.png

If you are not familiar with the culinary term, an Amuse Bouche is something you get at nice restaurants that you don't order - they just kinda give it to you. Literally translated, it means "happy mouth." Not for the boyfriend... me.

It was a Pistachio and Bell Pepper Fried Goat Cheese Ball, with a Lemon Creme Fresh drizzle.
1598309450899.png

I'm evil that way.

He loved it.

Appetizer of Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp:
1598309721335.png

Dinner, Chicken Masala on a bed of Masala infused Linguine.
1598309802827.png

Also six bottles of wine, because... wine.

Somehow, the pics of the empty bottles were all blurry though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom