Dinner Plans? (9 Viewers)

Yeah I normally do but I have no idea how to make baja seasoning
It's really simple, and can be done in a very scientific manner.
  1. Get a packet of your "favorite" baja (or any other flavor) seasoning packet.
  2. Flip it over.
  3. Take the packet to the isle with jars of seasoning.
  4. On the packet, under "ingredients", buy every spice listed there. If you can't find it (like corn syrup solids), skip it. Also if you already own it, you probably dont need to buy it... but you get the idea.
  5. Add the ingredients into a bowl. The one listed first on the label gets the most, the one listed last gets the least, in order. If you really like one (like garlic), add more. Under every condition, add less salt. I usually add none to my mixes, because I can salt my steak/ground beef/gravy/fish/chicken/salad dressing as normal. Yes, I really do make all those things from scratch.
In the end, you will find that pre-packed seasonings are 3-4x more salt than you thought, and you will make something based off your preferences, not off of what an accountant said should go into a mix.

5BD20C53-DA24-455C-BE97-EAED448E3C29.jpeg

2. Flip it over.
  4. On the packet, under "ingredients", buy every spice listed there. If you can't find it (like corn syrup solids), skip it. Also if you already own it, you probably dont need to buy it... but you get the idea.
  5. Add the ingredients into a bowl. The one listed first on the label gets the most, the one listed last gets the least, in order. If you really like one (like garlic), add more. Under every condition, add less salt. I usually add none to my mixes, because I can salt my steak/ground beef/gravy/fish/chicken/salad dressing as normal. Yes, I really do make all those things from scratch.
In the end, you will find that pre-packed seasonings are 3-4x more salt than you thought, and you will make something based off your preferences, not off of what an accountant said should go into a mix.
I dont add salt to hardly any food, whether table salt or seasoning, and if i do ita very little and Himalayan salt only. But thank you for the pointers, that is an excellent idea. Shame I'm blonde and didnt think of that one :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I do my best to make anything I cook from scratch, sometimes time is not on my side lol

2. Flip it over.

I keep about a half dozen different home made seasonings in my cupboards. I make my own Taco seasoning, Cajun seasonings, spice rubs, ect…..As MJ said. I usually have what I need to make them. If I don't. I google possible substitutes for the spices that I'm missing.

I also mostly make my own bbq sauces (Bourbon/Honey and Blueberry Jalapeno sauce).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom