Dinner Plans? (7 Viewers)

1576539384322.gif

No big deal - I just snapped. Nothing personal, and I look forward to meeting Hornet at a meet-up someday. Maybe I should go outside and yell at some clouds. In the meantime, back to the food...

1576605094369.png

Chorizo and shrimp, rice noodles, coconut milk with Lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Leaves, and peas thrown in for color.

I had received an email asking to review the deep frier I recently purchased. It is a fine fryer, but it does not hit the temperature it claims, so it's one of those "get what you pay for ordeals". After filling out the review they asked for a photo proving my claim that it does not reach temp - so I pulled it out and plugged it in.

Meanwhile, @Mrs Poker Zombie texted me asking what to pick up from the store. I told her "anything".

Tonight's cooking challenge: whatever she buys, will be deep fried.

The result:
2019-12-18 19.02.00.jpg

Deep Fried Spicy Pork Chop, Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw, Cinnamon Apple Sauce, and Italian Rolls.

All new additions to my cooking repertoire.

I had received an email asking to review the deep frier I recently purchased. It is a fine fryer, but it does not hit the temperature it claims, so it's one of those "get what you pay for ordeals". After filling out the review they asked for a photo proving my claim that it does not reach temp - so I pulled it out and plugged it in.

Meanwhile, @Mrs Poker Zombie texted me asking what to pick up from the store. I told her "anything".

Tonight's cooking challenge: whatever she buys, will be deep fried.

The result:
View attachment 382182

Deep Fried Spicy Pork Chop, Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw, Cinnamon Apple Sauce, and Italian Rolls.

All new additions to my cooking repertoire.

I need to see the chop sliced. I bet a sunnyside egg would go great on top of it

I need to see the chop sliced. I bet a sunnyside egg would go great on top of it
The chop inside was excellent (no pics though), it was pulled at 150 f. The oil is getting toward the end of it's life-cycle, so the chop looked deceptively dark. It also had a lot of spice (ancho chile, black pepper, habanero pepper) in the breading, and ancho chile powder turns stuff a dark brick red.

Christmas Eve feast. The preparation for the day begins early, with father in law breading the calamari. Antipasto at 4:30. More pics to follow.
64E626CA-7EF4-40A6-AA7D-478E7D76FB01.jpeg

only thing is missing is onions. Otherwise....wow
I tend to disagree...

Onions belong cooked down into the sauce. Pizzarias cannot do it because of their "one sauce for all pizzas" concept, but like a spaghetti sauce, if you want onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, or really any spice*, you cook it into the sauce, you dont add it on late.

*notable exception being basil, which loses its flavor quickly when heated, so it should only be added to the pizza as a topping.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom