Dinner Plans? (5 Viewers)

Today I'm officially a Scotsman.
2024-01-25 19.13.26.jpg

Deep fried Bar-b-cue. I'm not sure how, but somehow it's @BonScot 's fault.

Yesterday was Mrs Zombie's birthday, so the annual tradition begins...

Amuse Bouche - Polenta with a Italian tomato sauce (made by an actual immigrant Italian grandmother, and the mother of one of our players), topped with salmon roe
1706380430356.png

Appetizer - Fried calamari rings, with a spicy tomato sauce dip.
1706380663759.png

Salad course - Baby greens with blue cheese crumbles. It was supposed to have fried shallots but my sous chef had to leave and the shallots were left in the oven :(
1706380801933.png

Main course - Smoked spaghetti in a light cream wine sauce, with pancetta and wild mushrooms
1706380979567.png

Dessert - Chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache, served with homemade ice cream
1706381072627.png

...and the damages
1706381122038.png

1706381254371.png

Don't worry, she's not standing at the sink doing dishes. She's licking the ice cream mixer clean. :D

I've never made a pizza with sliced cheese that looked that good. Well done.
It's fresh sliced mozzarella cheese from the deli. This was the first time we made our own dough too vs buying some premade kit.

Next time we need to add a bit more flavor to the dough. Maybe more salt and garlic powder.

I have been toying with picking up a carbon steel pan. This won't help me save any money...Y
You are right, but they are great and not as bad to maintain as people say. I have a couple that I bought years ago and they are fantastic. If you clean it quickly after using it and put it back on the stove to dry it, they are ready to go. Also leaving in AZ rust risk is really not an issue...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom