Different shuffling techniques (2 Viewers)

bezerkus

Pair
Reaction score
Interested in other people's different types of chip shuffling. I see a few different ways professionals shuffle their chips outside of the normal shuffle. I'm fairly good at shuffling the standard 10 chip stack, but want to learn other alternatives. For instance, I saw one where they take the top third of a large stack and shuffle it into the center of the stack. I don't see much on YouTube so if anyone has a link or can describe their techniques and how it's done that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

FcyD4sy.gif

Other than shuffling two 5 or 6 chip stacks, the one I do most often is the 3-chip spin:
Although, after the spin, and return of the chip, I spin all three in my fingers then do it again.

Interested in other people's different types of chip shuffling. I see a few different ways professionals shuffle their chips outside of the normal shuffle. I'm fairly good at shuffling the standard 10 chip stack, but want to learn other alternatives. For instance, I saw one where they take the top third of a large stack and shuffle it into the center of the stack. I don't see much on YouTube so if anyone has a link or can describe their techniques and how it's done that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 879377
I don't believe you can do this with ceramics or dice chips, at least *I* couldn't :LOL: :laugh:

There is a 4 chip butterfly trick I use to be able to do when I was more into flourishes and card tricks, you can find a lot of it on youtube. If you're really hokie you might be able to find something from a magic shop, Jeff McBride did some amazing stuff with cards he was fun to watch even if you didn't want to learn card handling.

just saw neeme do this cool trick, it's kinda hard to see due to the overlay in the bottom left though. Does anybody exactly what he's doing?

He does it again a few seconds later, and you can see it without the overlay, he is just rolling chips out of one hand and then picking them back up after the 'spill', it's not really a trick.

You hold them in your fingers without securing them with your thumb and then let them trickle out 1 by 1 like a waterfall, the control is gravity and pushing them in a cascading manner with your fingers

I think this shuffle at 4:00 looks very sick, simple and clean. Yet I haven't seen it before
This is beginning to be my favorite shuffle. Hours of TV watching and Teams meetings and I'm getting better at this one using CPC FDL Mold which seems to be a bit more slippery. It is easier to do with ceramics and I can only do it about half the time with broken in THC's.

I want to try this that Dan Smith does starting at 7:25 with a larger stack...

Last edited:
This is beginning to be my favorite shuffle. Hours of TV watching and Teams meetings and I'm getting better at this one using CPC FDL Mold which seems to be a bit more slippery. It is easier to do with ceramics and I can only do it about half the time with broken in THC's.

I want to try this that Dan Smith does starting at 7:25 with a larger stack...
You mean peeling off the top three chips and shuffling into the top of the stack? If you’re good at shuffling, it’s not that tough.

You mean peeling off the top three chips and shuffling into the top of the stack? If you’re good at shuffling, it’s not that tough.
Yeah, that's it. Everything is hard for me until I do it a thousand times. (Don't put this in the out of context thread:oops:)

Last edited:
I remember seeing Phil Ivey shuffle chips just that the top of the stack. So the part he shuffles in never touches the felt. He shuffles them midair. I’ve been trying and it’s really hard to do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom