Designing new cards (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Flush
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of designing new cards. Feedback is greatly appreciated. I like the pattern but I'm thinking that we need to make the middle less crowded and the boarder maybe solid gold ?
PSis-card-2-Purple.jpg
PSis-card-2-Green-1.jpg

For sure solid borders, else they are susceptible to possible edge sorting errors. Personally, I don't buy or use any cards with advertising on them (i.e., Poker Store). As a giveaway, text on the front would be fine.

Reactions: Nex
Inca beat me to it - solid borders FTW.

I'd print them out at actual size, just to see if the logo looks too small.

And the logo doesn't have to appear on the card backs twice. Once is plenty, and looks classier imo.

For sure solid borders, else they are susceptible to possible edge sorting errors. Personally, I don't buy or use any cards with advertising on them (i.e., Poker Store). As a giveaway, text on the front would be fine.

Edge sorting errors?o_O

So Solid border is the way to go.

The logo on front was a thought for TV advertisement. But then maybe if I will sell alot more cards without logo then that is something I might have to think about ?

Are many players that are that strong minded about logos on front ?

Not intentionally, but it's hard for some to not to notice any potential defect in a deck of cards. Card border press/cutting discrepancies happen, and a solid border eliminates that as a possibility. Win win.

i wouldn't be seriously concerned about someone edge-sorting so much as just recognize the consideration & know that w/ steps taken to eliminate that concern it will never become an issue even in conversation.

It's certainly better but due to the horizontal nature of the logo both logos are quite small.

I agree end on end logos may work better. I'd try a draft and print out both versions full scale. The advantage for end to end is you have the option to size the logo to whatever size you want.

So Solid border is the way to go.

The logo on front was a thought for TV advertisement. But then maybe if I will sell alot more cards without logo then that is something I might have to think about ?

Are many players that are that strong minded about logos on front ?

I really dislike having a logo on the cards....it just looks cheap imo. Unless it says WSOP or WPT...and even then I think the plain cards with no logo just look way classier (ie Kem four arrow design)

When you add the logo then it just looks like a piece of promotional material like when companies give away free pens at a trade show.

We have decided to have no logo on front. We are working on design as we speak and maybe I will be able to let PCF buy some cards at a better price if someone wants. If there is a good interest then maybe I will have to find someone to re-ship in the US. That highly motivated re-shipping person can throw me a line if someone is interested

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom