Designing new cards (1 Viewer)

Sweet cards. (y) :thumbsup: I would like to see jumbo index bridge cards. Any Red and Blue backs possible also?

We are a small company so we are starting with these two colours. If there is interest and things go well then we are open for designing Bridge version with only two numbers.

We took a decision to make a little bit different cards rather than go for the normal blue red and two numbers for the first type's.

I think the 4 number index is a mistake. It’s way too busy, in my opinion, and I won’t buy cards like that.

This project looks great!

Making cards has to be the toughest of the poker projects, because even a stellar deck will not please everybody. Some people (in particular, left handed bridge players) like 4 index cards. Other hate them. Some people love 4-color decks, others hate them. Jumbo vs regular index, poker vs bridge size, red/blue vs unique colored backs. What is perfect for one, is unusable to others.

I really like the looks of these, but I'm probablly not going to pick any up because I have seriously overdone my card purchases lately.

Poker Zombie,
Bridge-Jumbo-2 color-2 pips-unique backs team

This project looks great!

Making cards has to be the toughest of the poker projects, because even a stellar deck will not please everybody. Some people (in particular, left handed bridge players) like 4 index cards. Other hate them. Some people love 4-color decks, others hate them. Jumbo vs regular index, poker vs bridge size, red/blue vs unique colored backs. What is perfect for one, is unusable to others.

I really like the looks of these, but I'm probablly not going to pick any up because I have seriously overdone my card purchases lately.

Poker Zombie,
Bridge-Jumbo-2 color-2 pips-unique backs team

Maybe I'm biased but I play with few lefties that hate 2 corner decks. We often use peak decks but some players hate peak. So in theory a right handed player should care less about having extra two corners than the left handed Player cares about having nothing in their corner.

I know that if we want to go into the worldwide card market we need ofcourse Bridge 2 corner decks. But in Iceland where Modiano Peak is the most popular I think these will have a chance.

The Min order is 500 per color so this is a Okey start. The quality is great and the price is good at least for our market. It is harder to enter US ground where some vendors buy 100*times our order and get better prices.

We appreciate all the feedback. We all ready have more than 15% of the first order sold so who knows what is to come ;)

Hey guys just got some low res photos from the factory!
EF4FE7E0-222C-4293-AE83-9339A6EBCB91.jpg
57691B0D-D402-4E24-A89D-3A435F45F044.jpg
6139D15A-DDD8-40AA-90BB-AD9AAB59B5EE.jpg

Great looking cards @Gunnar. What's going to be the price point on them?

Nice job. Is a standard setup provided in some sort of plastic storage case, or are these tuck cases what we would use?

If bulk ship to US happens, in for one setup. More if bridge/jumbo/Red&blue.

Nice job. Is a standard setup provided in some sort of plastic storage case, or are these tuck cases what we would use?

Yeah. I'm in for this request as well.

This time standard setup just comes in tuck cases. It was to keep down cost in shipping. I have gotten quite some questions about standard red/blue bridge setup. Like always in producing cards there is minimum number that I have to hit. To print another run really soon is well doable compared to the interest Im getting. To take the jump I would like to have some list of committed buyers before I order 500 setups. The thing is that I don´t want to ask the amazing members of PCF to commit to buy something they have only seen in photos. My plan is to bring some samples to Florida meet-up, get more feedback and then let the samples go around the states.

If people still like the cards a lot I will include you guys in the designing progress of a bridge size deck with jumbo 2 corner index.
I will see if there is possible to get some case around the cards as well to have the setup a little nicer.

And ofcourse when I get all my cards I plan to ship 30-50pairs to the states and have someone there reship for me when I sell cards ( That person could get a cut or get paid in cards ) Here we are talking about the Green / Purple Poker 4Corner Index that is in a container coming to Iceland mid march

This time standard setup just comes in tuck cases. It was to keep down cost in shipping. I have gotten quite some questions about standard red/blue bridge setup. Like always in producing cards there is minimum number that I have to hit. To print another run really soon is well doable compared to the interest Im getting. To take the jump I would like to have some list of committed buyers before I order 500 setups. The thing is that I don´t want to ask the amazing members of PCF to commit to buy something they have only seen in photos. My plan is to bring some samples to Florida meet-up, get more feedback and then let the samples go around the states.

If people still like the cards a lot I will include you guys in the designing progress of a bridge size deck with jumbo 2 corner index.
I will see if there is possible to get some case around the cards as well to have the setup a little nicer.

And ofcourse when I get all my cards I plan to ship 30-50pairs to the states and have someone there reship for me when I sell cards ( That person could get a cut or get paid in cards ) Here we are talking about the Green / Purple Poker 4Corner Index that is in a container coming to Iceland mid march
I am interested. Prehaps start a new thread with a list of names of members who are interested.

I could possibly reship for you. We will talk about it when you are here for the SQM.

The 10 of Clubs has 14 clubs on it total, and the 2 of Spades has 6... You didn't have to do the standard two corner design, but I think the cards are super, SUPER busy on the face. It looks like you said, "There has to be something here, so...add more dots."

I think you were on the right track, maybe rushed it to get the project done. There are a lot of other things you could have done on the faces for a simple, unique design. Next batch perhaps. Good looking cards. I liked the foil idea early on with end on end logo.

Just got my cards from gunnar they're even prettier than in the pics and I love the feel of them also ! They where a big hit at the table .Just awesome big thank you Gunnar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom