Deep stacked: Weird hand, need fresh eyes (1 Viewer)

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Thanks for any considerations. Mid stakes $1/2/4 game that plays big, 7 handed. Group is spewy but fun, great banter. Few sharks but mostly fishy. Hero has been playing here a while with a great success rate, Villain has had a few sessions. Seems pretty fresh to poker but is asking lots of questions and taking in the room. Clearly from money, don't think these stakes affect her like other new players.

Folds around to Hero in BB with :8c::7c:,
Hero makes it $30. Big-ish raise but not crazy for the game, most hands get straddled to $8 anyways. I figured Villain would call light.
Villain calls in the 3rd blind, stack around $1300, I cover.

Flop, heads up, :th::tc::9c:
Pot is $67

I've got a straight flush draw.
Hero?

Last edited:
Out of position I check most flops with this type of hand. Leading out small here isn't the worst idea either, but villain is in position and relatively uncapped.

I check/call a bet and see another card.

Out of position I check most flops with this type of hand. Leading out small here isn't the worst idea either, but villain is in position and relatively uncapped.

I check/call a bet and see another card.

Check / call
I like both of these. I ended up leading for 2 reasons:

-I thought she was calling very light because I'd been bullying the table/her (any Ace, any suited Q or K, I don't see her playing any suited connectors. She's shown down some very dumb hands and they all included at least some paint)
-We're very deep and I wanted to keep building the pot. I don't think she's thinking in terms of how big the pot is/could be, and if I hit either draw and she has a 10 I want her stack.

Continued:

Mid stakes $1/2/4 game that plays big, 7 handed. Group is spewy but fun, great banter. Few sharks but mostly fishy. Hero has been playing here a while with a great success rate, Villain has had a few sessions. Seems pretty fresh to poker but is asking lots of questions and taking in the room. Clearly from money, don't think these stakes affect her like other new players.

Hero makes it $30. Big-ish raise but not crazy for the game, most hands get straddled to $8 anyways. I figured Villain would call light.

Pot is $67

Hero bets $25. Small amount, I want her staying in with A/K/Qx hands that see me playing lots of pots and want to "keep me honest". I expect her to float this small size with most of her pre-flop calling range, maybe folding small pocket pairs? Unsure. Also, if she raises over the top, I'm very comfortable calling that raise and re-assessing.

Villain calls quickly.

Turn is a :3h:

Board is :9c::tc::th::3h:
Pot is $117.

Hero?

Check. Nothing changes with the turn. You have a drawing hand and I'd look to get one more card as cheaply as possible.

Live tell you mentioned suggests she has a 10 or a 9. Following...

Check. Nothing changes with the turn. You have a drawing hand and I'd look to get one more card as cheaply as possible.

Live tell you mentioned suggests she has a 10 or a 9. Following...
Looks real weak but I would check and it leaves you room to call up to a pot size bet.

If you bet and she raises ur hands in the muck.

Looks real weak but I would check and it leaves you room to call up to a pot size bet.

If you bet and she raises ur hands in the muck.
Well, he is real weak lol. From my reading he's not going to be able to push her out of the pot, so he's just hoping it hits at this point

I would bet ~2/3 pot. It certainly didn't improve Vs hand and our EV is good. If she's on draw (but ahead) you want to apply pressure. If she raises, it's fine when we're deep. Our biggest problem is that she might have a better draw. Assuming you have a balanced range on your OOP pf raises, you have range advantage here and should apply it. You've got tons of outs that you either often won't get paid for if it hits, or worst case you're dominated so taking it down now is the preferred route. If she raises she often has a T and your draws are live.

PS! I suck at HE.
PPS! Well, poker in general.

I appreciate the input, think a check would've been much better. I still put her on no pair high card, so I put the hammer down a bit. My thoughts were, lots of fish will call a flop trying to hit that Ace but few continue past turn with nothing (like me, lol).

Continued:
Mid stakes $1/2/4 game that plays big, 7 handed. Group is spewy but fun, great banter. Few sharks but mostly fishy. Hero has been playing here a while with a great success rate, Villain has had a few sessions. Seems pretty fresh to poker but is asking lots of questions and taking in the room. Clearly from money, don't think these stakes affect her like other new players.

Pot is $67

Hero bets $25. Small amount, I want her staying in with A/K/Qx hands that see me playing lots of pots and want to "keep me honest". I expect her to float this small size with most of her pre-flop calling range, maybe folding small pocket pairs? Unsure. Also, if she raises over the top, I'm very comfortable calling that raise and re-assessing.

Villain calls quickly.

Turn is a :3h:

Board is :9c::tc::th::3h:
Pot is $117.

Hero bets $100. I want to stop her dead. Lots of equity when called, she's been bluffed off turns before but also shown down awful cards; I don't think half pot would do the trick.

Villain minclicks it back to me for $200. This is completely unexpected; I don't change my read that she has nothing, I don't see an overpair or $10 playing like this, maybe random K9 or something?!

I know most of you will disagree with the line so I re-raised all in a minute after the raise. Just couldn't shake the feeling she may have had blockers but was weak.

Villain had J4. We run it twice and she wins both, and I'm unhappy.

Last edited:
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

I would have folded if I thought the villain was a fish. This looked like villain knew hero's hand. Apparently the villain thinks they know when the hero is bluffing and it's paying off.
Do you think it has something to do with someone in the booth? Later on when I was leaving I saw one of the workers that does graphics and gets real time info on the hands take $150 off her stack, was really curious if he was involved. She threatened to sue me cause I said my jimmies were rustled but she won't sue him.

Suspicious. Even her banter afterwords didn't make sense. She said she thought he had an Ace, wtf? So how do you call all in if they have an Ace and you have a j? Glad it wasn't me, but that is so suspicious.
She must have had a vibrating butt plug from the guy in the control room telling her when she was ahead!

Didn't she say she thought she had J3 at some point?
Yes, later she would say she had J3. In our home game, if you have J4 you can also have J3, its semi-wild. Always causes an argument, just like the real-life hand, its perfect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom