Dealer Actively DISCOURAGED People From Playing In Our Game?!?! (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Was kinda pissed because we had a couple of newcomers who said "we really want to try this" for the Big O/PLO mix game we were starting and the fucking dealer said "you really don't" and discouraged them from playing!

I spoke with the GM afterwards letting him know what happened. Like, as a fucking dealer, why would you discourage new players from spewing in these games? It'll help the game run longer AND bigger pots and get you more fucking tips, instead he's fucking himself, fucking us and fucking the room, unbelievable!

/rant

Was kinda pissed because we had a couple of newcomers who said "we really want to try this" for the Big O/PLO mix game we were starting and the fucking dealer said "you really don't" and discouraged them from playing!

I spoke with the GM afterwards letting him know what happened. Like, as a fucking dealer, why would you discourage new players from spewing in these games? It'll help the game run longer AND bigger pots and get you more fucking tips, instead he's fucking himself, fucking us and fucking the room, unbelievable!

/rant
Nothing further to be said, sadly; this guy sucks. Trying to be funny I guess? Did the dealer know them beforehand? Good job mentioning to GM/floor, unprofessional.

Nothing further to be said, sadly; this guy sucks. Trying to be funny I guess? Did the dealer know them beforehand? Good job mentioning to GM/floor, unprofessional.

It's a small room, the lady was a commentator last night and I imagine he knew the other guy who wanted to play too

I remember the first time I played Omaha hi/low. 1994 at the Plaza in LV. First time I’ve ever seen a kill button. Had no idea what I was doing. It was 3/6 and the kill went to 4/8. Played for about 7 hours probably lost about $200. So exciting. Next day went to gamblers general store and bought Ray Zee hi low stud/ Omaha book - a recommendation from one of the players in the game. Fell in love with Omaha 8 been playing it ever since. Glad the dealer didn’t discourage me from playing back then

I remember the first time I played Omaha hi/low. 1994 at the Plaza in LV. First time I’ve ever seen a kill button. Had no idea what I was doing. It was 3/6 and the kill went to 4/8. Played for about 7 hours probably lost about $200. So exciting. Next day went to gamblers general store and bought Ray Zee hi low stud/ Omaha book - a recommendation from one of the players in the game. Fell in love with Omaha 8 been playing it ever since. Glad the dealer didn’t discourage me from playing back then

i met Mike Cappelleti at Foxwoods in an O8 game

I was a big fixed limit guy too

In this instance though, the dealer was discouraging players from pot limit games

A shorter table means the hands play faster and the dealer can get more hands per hour dealt. Potentially making more in tips from the more hands.

It seems if discouraging them was against his own best interest, perhaps it was in the best interest of the game or the players he discouraged. Maybe he knew the players and knew they weren't ready for the swings of PLO, or knew they'd lose their money, get discouraged and never come back.

Did you ask him why he discouraged the players?

Last edited:
I'm a little confused.

You've voiced concern that the way these tables play, players new to PLO would get slaughtered, and that's bad for the game. Two baby lambs stroll into the wolves den and they are quickly ushered away to safety.

I'm going to side with the dealer here. New fish would be better seated at a limit Omaha table. Get some fun and a $200 loss over 7 hours, rather than 7 minutes.

I'm a little confused.

You've voiced concern that the way these tables play, players new to PLO would get slaughtered, and that's bad for the game. Two baby lambs stroll into the wolves den and they are quickly ushered away to safety.

I'm going to side with the dealer here. New fish would be better seated at a limit Omaha table. Get some fun and a $200 loss over 7 hours, rather than 7 minutes.

That's at the lodge with unlimited restraddles and match the stack, this was a different room without that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom