Deal on Magic Erasers (1 Viewer)

what name are the cheap versions on eBay or amazon sold under? I remember someone buying in bulk on one of those two places, but it was under a different generic name

Do melamine foam sponges work just as well (or close enough, given the price difference) as Magic Erasers?

From my experience, yes they work as well. They tend to fall apart faster but IMO they are a much better value than the name brand ones.

Do melamine foam sponges work just as well (or close enough, given the price difference) as Magic Erasers?
I've bought some generic sponges before and while they do work, they're not quite as strong as the real deal. This obviously isn't a problem per se because you're getting a shat ton of em with a deal like you can find on amazon, but you'll have a lot of melamine crumbs to clean up after.

Edit to add: Man there have been some interesting "studies" and "findings" if you beleive any of it:

From Wired.com: "In 2008, Chinese fraudsters used melamine to make milk and infant formula appear to have a higher protein content, killing six babies and making nearly 300,000 others sick. Two of the perpetrators were executed." :eek::confused:

Not in my experience, at least when comparing no-name brands vs Mr. Clean Extra Power Magic Eraser.

The cheap stuff just doesn't clean as effortlessly, and breaks down much faster. I haven't ran the numbers to see which is most economical (given those traits), but the extra cash spent is worth it to me to just avoid the issues altogether.

Already sold out
Yeah, woot is 24 hours (unless its one of the deals, then those go til sold out). I posted it as soon as I saw it (1030pm EDT), but I guess I should have let people know that they had 2.5 hours to get in on it (Woot's clock is Central time zone, I think).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom