De-Dusting China Clay (1 Viewer)

FWIW, I compression oiled mine by hand with a microfiber towel while watching TV every night for two weeks. Never cleaned them, just went straight to oiling. I think it’s made a big difference, and even after nearly a year they still have a nice glossy sheen to them.

Wait, is compression oiling a thing now?

I thought it had been pointed out in some other thread(s) that it was a mistake produced by someone who created a flawed chip oiling guide?

Wait, is compression oiling a thing now?

I thought it had been pointed out in some other thread(s) that it was a mistake produced by someone who created a flawed chip oiling guide?
The miraculous benefits might be overstated, but the method is fine. Certainly more laborious than other methods like swipe and wipe.

I've done both; honestly, if I have the time, I do compression just because I get to fondle every chip.

For the sake of my thumbs and pointer fingers, I really hope there’s some merit to it.....

My chips still look fine, so I guess it worked for me. That said, I’ve never oiled any other way, so I’ve got no reference point otherwise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom