Day dreaming about an Alaska meet-up (1 Viewer)

In may we will need to be aware of the bears. Location is called Bear Valley.

giphy.gif

Op has a running list of Members that have shown interest in the meet up. If you think you might make the journey please let me know. I will do my best to keep the cost down. Have food to cook there and what not. I have tents kayaks and pick up for any member that wants to see more of Alaska before or after the meet up.

Don't be mad at me if my wife kidnaps your non playing family members and takes them out of town to see the sights.

Don't be mad at me if my wife kidnaps your non playing family members and takes them out of town to see the sights.

That would actually be helpful if that could happen :) My wife hates sitting around on vacation (unless she is visiting local pubs with me :) )

Airbnb seems like the way to go. 15 max guest at this place $400- $500 a night

All we need is 7-10 PCF'ers to rent this place out and this trip almost becomes affordable!!!! @inca911 ? Your the AirBnB guru. Thoughts? If I make it out I'll cover two spots because the wife will be attending with me.

I will say my curiosity is at least piqued. @Mrs Poker Zombie grew up in Anchorage, so this might give me the chance to figure out how Alaskans think ('cause I haven't gotten her figured out yet) ;):p:cautious::coffee:
All we need is 7-10 PCF'ers to rent this place out and this trip almost becomes affordable!!!! @inca911 ? Your the AirBnB guru. Thoughts? If I make it out I'll cover two spots because the wife will be attending with me.
The fact that this will also be the venue for the meet up I will cover half of the cost. There may be a need for a second place close by to accommodate for couples or families that done want to be staying in the den of iniquity! lol

There are several AirBNB options in that area that are geared to large groups. My favorite one came with this disclaimer: "The firearms in the entry are not operational."

The AirBNB posted above was intriguing @ ~$600/night:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/176818...in=2018-05-23&check_out=2018-05-30&s=kP8spBGG

A late May event search put my airfare at $500 for a direct round-flight, so put me down as interested! Deciding on an appropriate date is the first step for most meet-ups; both to avoid conflict with other events + allowing folks to research travel options. Based on other items like cruises/fishing trips, is there a date range that just sort of feels right to you, Pat?

There are several AirBNB options in that area that are geared to large groups. My favorite one came with this disclaimer: "The firearms in the entry are not operational."

The AirBNB posted above was intriguing @ ~$600/night:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17681808?location=Anchorage, AK 99501, United States&children=0&infants=0&adults=14&guests=14&check_in=2018-05-23&check_out=2018-05-30&s=kP8spBGG

A late May event search put my airfare at $500 for a direct round-flight, so put me down as interested! Deciding on an appropriate date is the first step for most meet-ups; both to avoid conflict with other events + allowing folks to research travel options. Based on other items like cruises/fishing trips, is there a date range that just sort of feels right to you, Pat?
I think the cruises start mid May. Ocean going fishing charters should Have Halibut and King salmon fishing trips running by then as well.

Most of the 7 day cruises that depart from Anchorage run Saturday to Saturday which would likely impact the main event tournament. Although, one I looked at departed at 8:30 PM so we would just have to start the tournament in the morning or have it on Friday instead with cash games on Saturday.

Most of the 7 day cruises that depart from Anchorage run Saturday to Saturday which would likely impact the main event tournament. Although, one I looked at departed at 8:30 PM so we would just have to start the tournament in the morning or have it on Friday instead with cash games on Saturday.

A Friday tourney works fine if the other members can get her in time.
All-in at the Aurora?

That's pretty good! All in under the Aurora?

I've been trying to get an Alaska education.

No idea if these are legit/accurate:

https://www.50states.com/facts/alaska.htm

Some highlights:

3. In 1867 United States Secretary of State William H. Seward offered Russia $7,200,000, or two cents per acre, for Alaska.

4. On October 18, 1867 Alaska officially became the property of the United States. Many Americans called the purchase "Seward's Folly".

21. The state motto is North to the Future.

24. The four-spot skimmer dragonfly is the official state insect.

26. Alaska has been called America's Last Frontier.

37. Alaska is the United State's largest state and is over twice the size of Texas. Measuring from north to south the state is approximately 1,400 miles long and measuring from east to west it is 2,700 miles wide.

49. Alaska's name is based on the Eskimo word Alakshak meaning great lands or peninsula.

Alakshak-attack!

My brain is too tired to process potential in the 49 facts but it feels like there's potential.

Otherwise Fish with Chips ftw

I've been trying to get an Alaska education.

No idea if these are legit/accurate:

https://www.50states.com/facts/alaska.htm

Some highlights:

3. In 1867 United States Secretary of State William H. Seward offered Russia $7,200,000, or two cents per acre, for Alaska.

4. On October 18, 1867 Alaska officially became the property of the United States. Many Americans called the purchase "Seward's Folly".

21. The state motto is North to the Future.

24. The four-spot skimmer dragonfly is the official state insect.

26. Alaska has been called America's Last Frontier.

37. Alaska is the United State's largest state and is over twice the size of Texas. Measuring from north to south the state is approximately 1,400 miles long and measuring from east to west it is 2,700 miles wide.

49. Alaska's name is based on the Eskimo word Alakshak meaning great lands or peninsula.

Alakshak-attack!

My brain is too tired to process potential in the 49 facts but it feels like there's potential.

Otherwise Fish with Chips ftw

If you ask anyone from Alaska what the State bird is they will say the Mosquito

I had never heard the Native name for Alaska. Learn something new everyday!
There are 3 million lakes over 20 acres in size in Alaska
alaska_and_US.205153745_std.jpg

What is a good ratio of PCF members to Locals? (Tournament only)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom