Day dreaming about an Alaska meet-up (2 Viewers)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
May 23rd-26th 2019

Fish and Chips Alaska meet up

My first thoughts have been to host something in the summer time so attendees would get a better bang for the buck with more sight seeing and activities. The biggest issue is that the cost are doubled in the summer time here. Tickets and hotel rooms and conference space.

If done in the winter time it could be timed around the start of the Iditarod dog sled race.

Just testing the waters hypothetically to see if this would be a flat out no go for a time frame for an Alaska meet up?

List of interested players.

David O
K9DR
The Big Tater
Psypher1000
Gear
MD Mike
Detroit Dad
Slisk250
Payback
Ben
Mashoo
Links-Slayer
Pltrgyst
Krafticus
Inca911
Quicksilver75
Mr./ Mrs Poker zombie
Ronoh

i07_30412210[1].jpg

siberians[1].jpg

Last edited:
What are the temperature extremes between summer and winter? Anchorage is a bit milder than other parts of Alaska isn't it?
Mid 60's to mid 20's. It can get in the high 70's and minus 20's at times. These are Anchorage temps.

The interior, Fairbanks can hit close to 100 and minus 60

Intriguing. I'd be at least interested in checking out costs, etc. and if we attended, would most likely roll it into a longer trip.

"I don't know if Wifey would want to go, but Alaska!" HAHAHAHAHahaha cough.

I'd love to see Alaska, I'd have to sell it to the wife though, which is doubtful.

Definitely interested. Last time I priced flights to Alaska it was over 600 bucks. I don't remember the season I had chosen to look at. If its anywhere near that then I would probably have to bow out. That would suck horribly. I feel like were long lost kin :)

I'd be interested in coming. I think the dog race is far enough from my April wedding that I could swing a trip out lol.

Depending on when it is scheduled, I could surely convince my wife to travel to Alaska for a meet up followed by a cruise.
I'm not sure there would be cruises the time of year I'm thinking of. If they do the inside passage is beautiful!!

15 min drive from a hotel I think would be perfect for the meet up.

View attachment 132455

20 minute drive away

View attachment 132456

You're selling it Pat. (y) :thumbsup:

My Mom went on the inside passage cruise (twice) and always told me how beautiful it was. I'm not a cruise guy but listening to her, that one almost got me to go. I would definitely try and make it to a meetup (if possible) if you have one.

Looks like flights for me would be roughly the same to either the Anchorage or the San Antonio meetup. If I go to one meetup a year, it's Denver in a landslide. If I go to two (not including Vegas), these would be on the short list.

You're selling it Pat. (y) :thumbsup:

My Mom went on the inside passage cruise (twice) and always told me how beautiful it was. I'm not a cruise guy but listening to her, that one almost got me to go. I would definitely try and make it to a meetup (if possible) if you have one.

Trying to

I hate flying (esp. that far) so that probably isn't an option for me, but those pictures are making an 80 hour drive seem worth it. :D

What Months are you tentatively looking at so I can price the tickets? Problem is, these trips come out of my bankroll. With Hotels/Food/Flight to AK I have a feeling I would be getting close to the 1k mark for a weekend stay. Unless I can talk the wife into this as a Christmas present or something then I would most likely have to pass. Damn't. I'll do my best in the mean time to quit buying chips and save up for this trip!!!

Right now I'm looking at March. Hotel would be $100 a night for 2 occupants. Food is a little more expensive here for sure but no horrible. Lunches and dinners should be able to be catered for 10- 20 for lunch and 20- 30 for dinners. Or for anyone who met me at the Alamo knows I'm eating well ( My wife can cook like nobody's business)

Right now I'm looking at March. Hotel would be $100 a night for 2 occupants. Food is a little more expensive here for sure but no horrible. Lunches and dinners should be able to be catered for 10- 20 for lunch and 20- 30 for dinners. Or for anyone who met me at the Alamo knows I'm eating well ( My wife can cook like nobody's business)

Already two meet-ups scheduled in March 2018

How about an Alaskan cruise meet-up :cool:
I've been told that the day glacier cruise boats can be rented by groups. Play cards have nice dinner and see the wild life!!

Already two meet-ups scheduled in March 2018
This would have to happen in winter of 2018/19 But still I don't want to screw up other meet up scheduling.

Lots of planning to pull this off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom