Day dreaming about an Alaska meet-up (6 Viewers)

I've had the good fortune of traveling to Alaska for work going on five consecutive years now. An awesome state and I'm sure a mighty fine place for some poker.

I do have to say though, summer time Alaska and winter time Alaska are two strikingly different places. ;)

I've had the good fortune of traveling to Alaska for work going on five consecutive years now. An awesome state and I'm sure a mighty fine place for some poker.

I do have to say though, summer time Alaska and winter time Alaska are two strikingly different places. ;)
lol The prices reflect this.

If you come up in the winter let me know. We play cards every week.

Alaska is on my bucket list of places to see. I'm guessing the wife will want to attend.

Pretty sure my schedule won't allow it in 2018 but I would kill to get a shot at this meat up. How about one of the shoulder seasons? Could still be pleasant enough to enjoy the area and prices not at their peak.

I would love to come to a meetup in Alaska!
I've been trying to get up there for almost a year. Timing and costs might be difficult but I'd make every effort to come.

I would probably drive which means I could listen to my Poker-For-Dummies audio tape 76 times.

If I had some time off I'm 100% in for this. March could work depending on the week if it matches up with a break. Alaska is one of the last few states I haven't been to and want to get there.

I'm going to start planning for a 2019 Alaska meet up. Either in March or May. The latest I would want to go into the summer would be Memorial weekend. If I can get at least 10 PCF members Ill hold the event. That may be difficult trying to get that many people able and willing to come up at the same time. But I'm going to try, I think it would be a blast. Hope to have a couple more meet ups under my belt by then. There seems to be a lot to learn and logistics to figure out about pulling a successful meet up off.

Pat, I have not posted but you know what I said when you were in San Antonio. I am in!!! Hoping and praying I can get my Bride to go with me.

As far as getting it together you know you can count on me to help you out!

Let's do this

David

In 2019 I would be in almost for sure and would prefer whatever month is better for a cruise either before or after the meet up.

You should come to Florida in February :)

In 2019 I would be in almost for sure and would prefer whatever month is better for a cruise either before or after the meet up.

You should come to Florida in February :)
For cruise season it will have to be May. I will get some rough prices for hotel and conference room cost. Should be Halibut charters and one day glacier cruises running at that time.

In May the room rates are over doubled than what they are in March:( Tickets might be as well but I have not checked. I will look at different venues and see what happens.

Do they have AirBNB in Alaska? ;)

I'd love to make it, and with that much notice it just might be possible (odds still against, but maybe.) It would have to be a family trip which is going to get expensive fast, but I'd love to show my wife and kids Alaska. Went there when I was about 10, wonderful and different cultures and people (I remember a native Inuit salmon roast in Skagway that still ranks in the top 3 meal experiences of my life, although I remember the city of Anchorage itself seeming pretty much like any other American city, just colder. ;))

It looks like there are plenty of daily flights from Seattle. I'd be in to fly standby and come! I know my fiancee wants to go to Alaska as well so I'll talk to her about it!

I brought this up to my wife this morning about a vacation for the two of us during the meet up. If I make it out, this will probably be the only way I can come out which means I'll probably only participate a couple of the days.

Either way I'll do my best to make it out.

Airbnb seems like the way to go. 15 max guest at this place $400- $500 a night. Just an example but this looks pretty sweet. sits on top of the range bordering Anchorage.

c7fefccf-dd8a-4fe7-81e3-43def798c10f[1].jpg

f65d0f15-6bd7-4c3c-a401-f0a15dda8a74[1].jpg

37e44b68-1436-46da-b4fc-ab450539b01a[1].jpg

We've been on 5 cruises and Alaska is the one that Jenn says she would do again in a heartbeat. Hmmmm.......

In may we will need to be aware of the bears. Location is called Bear Valley.

Airbnb seems like the way to go. 15 max guest at this place $400- $500 a night. Just an example but this looks pretty sweet. sits on top of the range bordering Anchorage.

View attachment 132770

View attachment 132769

View attachment 132771

Could probably just have the meetup there!

That is what I was thinking. The garage appears to be large enough for at least three tables. Cook food there save quite a bit of money this way. Grilled Salmon, Crab, Bison burgers!!

SOLD! (y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom