GB Completed Custom Cut Card Group Buy (Round 15) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Design ist pretty simple:

IMG-20230222-WA0015.jpeg

The Text should be in the safe Zone. But the overall Image is 3.75"x2.75" for poker size.

Now i don't know if i'm good or not. :LOL: :laugh:

Poker
Card size should be 3.75”x2.75”
“Safe” area is 3.625”x 2.625”
Bleed (total graphic size) is 3.875”x2.875”

Bridge
Card size should be 3.75”x2.5”
“Safe” area is 3.625”x 2.375”
Bleed (total graphic size) is 3.875”x2.625”
I believe this is incorrect. The final cut size on a poker card is 3.5x2.5. Adding 1/8” bleed on all sides is 3.75x2.75. “Safe area” is the area inside the cut line, so that nothing important is cut off. So safe area is 3.25x2.25.

In essence, take the template above and make the solid line portion match 3.5x2.5 for poker and 3.5x2.25 for bridge. The art should extend to the outer dotted line, and nothing important should go past the inner dotted line

I believe this is incorrect. The final cut size on a poker card is 3.5x2.5. Adding 1/8” bleed on all sides is 3.75x2.75. “Safe area” is the area inside the cut line, so that nothing important is cut off. So safe area is 3.25x2.25.

In essence, take the template above and make the solid line portion match 3.5x2.5 for poker and 3.5x2.25 for bridge. The art should extend to the outer dotted line, and nothing important should go past the inner dotted line
This is what happens when I try to do math and post at a stoplight. I updated my original post to reflect the true dimensions. Thanks for the correction!

I received an email from the printing company today. Basically, we are submitting artwork without following the template. I will need everyone to look over their artwork to make sure it follows the template attached. This is the email I received today. I’m guessing the designer usually edits them for us but since this is a large order they will not do it. I will send out template file via email tomorrow so changes can be made to artwork. Here is the email describing the issue.

“Hi Mike,

Your designer reached out with the following notes regarding your current order-

“Hi, they keep sending files without bleed, forcing us to have to open all of their files and edit them. Normally, it's not a huge deal, but this is a very large order. I am attaching the templates for the 2 dies for this order and their future orders. In these templates, the customer will see the dieline, safe zone, and a bleed line. We need all of the artwork to go to the bleed line. They need to make sure all text and logos fit inside of the safe zone. Last, we need the document sizes set to the bleed size. Basically, they need to add 1/8" bleed on all sides and resubmit. Thank you”

If you would please rework the artwork so it fits within the templates and resend it that would great. Once we receive the updated files, the design team will be able to send over a proof.”

View attachment 1100020View attachment 1100021
For anyone who needs them, here's a link to the bridge-size template: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/218371/assets-diecuts/templates/3522ArtworkTemplate.pdf

And the poker-size template: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/218371/assets-diecuts/templates/3526ArtworkTemplate.pdf

No worries, but are they saying that no one's cards are being made until we all resubmit the design with the proper dimensions? Even if the original dimensions may have been OK?

No worries, but are they saying that no one's cards are being made until we all resubmit the design with the proper dimensions? Even if the original dimensions may have been OK?
Yeah that's what I'm confused about. I may not have used their template but I definitely added bleed and even cut lines to the files I sent. I'm glad to recreate them using their template but seems more likely only a small subset had issues.

If you're using Illustrator, you have an option to set your bleed, which will take all the guess work out of it

On your right toolbar, select the "Document Setup" button (Down at the bottom)
Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 6.20.36 PM.png

The bleed option is towards the top of the General Tab. Once set, the bleed will automatically appear on your file
Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 6.20.45 PM.png

Hmm I submitted all my files exactly as all past buys for the past few years but I’ll go back and update as needed

Following their directions in the template and did this in Inkscape:

1678923322688.png

So the full PDF is bigger than the cut card with bleed, but I included the template in a separate "FPO" layer and the cut card in its own "Artwork" layer.

Okay... I added 0.125 per side. So my file ist 3.75x2.75". Is this still a problem? Should i correct this to the 3.625x2.625? Or ist the Problem only with files that has exact card sizes?
You were correct. That was my mistake. 1/8th inch in each direction makes the files a total of a 1/4 inch larger. 3.75x2.75 is correct for poker size

That is correct. It’s an all or nothing order. They won’t even send proofs of the artwork until everything is submitted properly. I know they have helped edit the artwork in the past. Maybe this is just too large of an order for them to do. I reached out to them for more information and will pass that along once I hear back

That is correct. It’s an all or nothing order. They won’t even send proofs of the artwork until everything is submitted properly. I know they have helped edit the artwork in the past. Maybe this is just too large of an order for them to do. I reached out to them for more information and will pass that along once I hear back
I just send my designs using their template in ai for the front and back of the cut cards to your email.
Thanks.

Friends, I have made an Adobe Illustrator file with multiple layers that includes the printer’s template. It has a crop marks layer and an art layer, and the artboard/file size is the card with bleed.
All you do is drop your art on the art layer and can adapt it to fit within the parameters of the template.
PM me if you want a link to download the bridge and poker files.
1023FEC4-AC50-4733-B79C-83DC664650CC.jpeg

Yep
I got timinater to do my files as well - files appear to be 3.75 x 2.75 for poker size & 3.75 x 2.50 for bridge when I import to GIMP, but I'm a donk when it comes to image programs so I'll wait for him to confirm. :tup:
You're good.

Anyone who has had any cut cards done by me will be OK too. I have always included that 8th inch of bleed on cut card designs.

Ok, so I spoke to the printing company and they agreed to edit the artwork to the correct format for us. Moving forward the artwork will need to be laid over the template. We will deal with that on the next buy. At this point no artwork will need to be resubmitted to me. Sorry for all of the confusion! The proofs will take approximately 2 extra business days to receive. I will keep everyone posted!

Ok, so I spoke to the printing company and they agreed to edit the artwork to the correct format for us. Moving forward the artwork will need to be laid over the template. We will deal with that on the next buy. At this point no artwork will need to be resubmitted to me. Sorry for all of the confusion! The proofs will take approximately 2 extra business days to receive. I will keep everyone posted!
Don't be sorry, you're doing great work and we appreciate you. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

I need to start collecting payments on my mini group buy I did. When can we expect this to be completed @Buge? I’m no rush just curious of the timeline.

Edit ; just saw it in the OP on the second time through.

I need to start collecting payments on my mini group buy I did. When can we expect this to be completed @Buge? I’m no rush just curious of the timeline.

Edit ; just saw it in the OP on the second time through.
There have been a bunch of issues with proofs. Once I hear back from everyone I will submit all changes at once to be corrected. I would add a week or so to the timeline to make all appropriate corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom