Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (7 Viewers)

I don't know if it's about lighting but I do prefer how your yellow $1000 printed.
I also prefer them with a mold.

I agree with you on both counts. The yellow is most concerning. It could be just fluorescent lighting making them look more green than they are. The yellow and black chips are what I need more of.
Are the card mold textured like the 43mm? Don’t know if that may affect the color pop? But I agree, could be a number of different things that play into it.

Once I get them we can do a side by side comparison, but that’s a ways off.

Are the card mold textured like the 43mm? Don’t know if that may affect the color pop? But I agree, could be a number of different things that play into it.

I don't think the texture is significantly different, but maybe someone else can comment for sure. For the price we are paying, I think we're both going to be very happy with what we receive! The problem for me is going to be matching what I already have. My guess is that even if I go with Tina's group, there will probably be some variation, but if I went with another supplier, the risk of more variation is higher. I don't know anything about this sort of printing, so I may be totally wrong. That's also assuming that they are really getting the blanks from the same manufacturer. Also, if someone tries to get another group buy going after we receive our chips from this group buy, when would those get printed? By that time, anything could change. Tina's group could change ink, blank suppliers, etc.

I will be very interested to be able to compare similar chip designs like ours from the 2 (or however many) suppliers to compare them quality wise.

I agree with you on both counts. The yellow is most concerning. It could be just fluorescent lighting making them look more green than they are. The yellow and black chips are what I need more of.
We should also recall that the WSOP tributes on this group buy had quite a few iterations with colors all over the place. I can't recall if it was @BGinGA or @Kid_Eastwood but somebody had like two or three different samples of the same chip off the same original file. I think it may have happened with purple chips for @AnteAndy too? Don't recall specifics and too lazy to go all the way back lol

I do think it's important for people to realize how much this all can vary from batch to batch, even with the same machinery. Not just with Alibaba chips, think about the Nile Club or Scroll chips you find for sale... Whether they're China clays or China ceramics, there's almost always going to be color issues.

I'm not trying to be a prick, just a realist

We should also recall that the WSOP tributes on this group buy had quite a few iterations with colors all over the place. I can't recall if it was @BGinGA or @Kid_Eastwood but somebody had like two or three different samples of the same chip off the same original file. I think it may have happened with purple chips for @AnteAndy too? Don't recall specifics and too lazy to go all the way back lol

I do think it's important for people to realize how much this all can vary from batch to batch, even with the same machinery. Not just with Alibaba chips, think about the Nile Club or Scroll chips you find for sale... Whether they're China clays or China ceramics, there's almost always going to be color issues.

I'm not trying to be a prick, just a realist
Yeah, I remember what you are referring to with the colors changing, but I think that was only with the secondaries that had the colored inlays. I'm not sure either though, @Kid_Eastwood can verify.

Also, I agree with you about the variations. The Scrolls example is a good one. Some people did have trouble with color variation. I don't know if the extreme examples with the Scrolls were from the same supplier or not. If Alibaba printed my chips again today, I would expect there would be a range of variation from my first batch of say 1% - 6%. If I go with another supplier, I would expect a range of variation of 2% - 16% maybe. Just pulling these numbers out of my ass, the exact numbers mean nothing. What's a percent of variation of color, right? I hope people understand what I mean by just throwing some percentages out there.

IMG_20210122_125302536_HDR.jpg

Do you feel like you regained a couple rooms in your house???
So much debris from the original boxes.
Got 15 boxes out today.

Hoping to get 7 more out Saturday. Tonight I will be boxing up some more as well and asking for monies once I know whether they are going in a medium or large box.

40,000 wouldn't have been terrible. 77,000+ was too much. Lol.

According to Tina, cards mold chips are textured. BUT - I have the color wheel samples that are on 43mm plain chips, and the texturing is definitely different. It's not quite so obvious as on the 43s when you look at them under magnification. So I'd call cards mold "in-between" textured and smooth. Closer to smooth in my opinion.

According to Tina, cards mold chips are textured. BUT - I have the color wheel samples that are on 43mm plain chips, and the texturing is definitely different. It's not quite so obvious as on the 43s when you look at them under magnification. So I'd call cards mold "in-between" textured and smooth. Closer to smooth in my opinion.
They are textured, but not as much as the "textured" chips. They call them smooth, but they are definitely not completely flat/smooth - just smoother than the textured blanks!

I am not sure that's any clearer!?

Here's a photo. Y'all judge for yourselves.

Top color wheel is on 43mm smooth. Bottom color wheel is on 43mm textured.

View attachment 620010
The way I tell whether they're textured or smooth is by the "ring" around the edge. The "textured" blanks have a smooth ring around the very edge of each face, but it is very difficult to tell by touch.

Hoping to get a lot out tomorrow. Friday night I plan to do some more packing and sending messages to get shipping. Busy week at work. I'm plugging away.

@BGinGA I noticed some scuff marks on the 25,000 and had them print off a new one that will be in batch 4.

Also @ChrisB also have replacements for the ones that broke on yours on the way.
That's nice of them.

So.... ANOTHER Blizzard (It counts as a blizzard when they won't let me go to the office). Which means I can get some packing done but I can't get more packages out. Very annoyed with that.

Edit - Side note the belt on the snow blower (not mine I just live on the top floor) broke and we are still waiting on it from what I am told .

Last edited:
So.... ANOTHER Blizzard (It counts as a blizzard when they won't let me go to the office). Which means I can get some packing done but I can't get more packages out. Very annoyed with that.

Edit - Side note the belt on the snow blower (not mine I just live on the top floor) broke and we are still waiting on it from what I am told .
1611584020406.jpeg

So uh... epic mail day.

ALL HAIL KING @SeanGecko

(Identity hidden to protect the innocent)

Only three fallen soldiers... that’s damn impressive.

(plaques, obviously, not from the group buy)
3ADFC769-2A95-43D9-ACB9-D89145834B86.jpeg

edit: can’t see it well on the photos, but bottom of the back of the plaques says “Kerik would later plead guilty to eight (8) felonies.”

8349FCDF-0428-4944-9AE7-5253B4B0E255.jpeg
4A2F602F-167D-4038-B32D-D0E3516BBDEA.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom