Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (33 Viewers)

A LONG time ago now, Sean said it would be too much trouble to pick out one chip for sample sets. Which I agree with. But he would like a sample set sent to him after he delivers them. That’s what I plan to do, assuming he still wants sample sets.
Thanks for the reminder!! That sounds like a great plan.

I'm looking for suggestions from the group about ordering more quantities of these chips. I know there are multiple additional group buys that have been started. I also noticed that some of those group buys have chosen to go with another supplier. This doesn't surprise me given how long this supplier has taken just for just this one group buy. My main worry is if I order additional chips from another supplier, the color will not match what I receive from this GB. To me, if I order again from this supplier, I have a better chance of matching? Do you guys think that is the case? Thanks.

I'm looking for suggestions from the group about ordering more quantities of these chips. I know there are multiple additional group buys that have been started. I also noticed that some of those group buys have chosen to go with another supplier. This doesn't surprise me given how long this supplier has taken just for just this one group buy. My main worry is if I order additional chips from another supplier, the color will not match what I receive from this GB. To me, if I order again from this supplier, I have a better chance of matching? Do you guys think that is the case? Thanks.
I honestly think your chances of color matching are about the same—it’s all a crapshoot

Chips have come out of the same Chinese factory looking different than the original run since...the beginning of chipping? Lol

I honestly think your chances of color matching are about the same—it’s all a crapshoot

Chips have come out of the same Chinese factory looking different than the original run since...the beginning of chipping? Lol
Good point. Bad answer though... :(

So good advice to anyone participating in one of these GBs for cheap chips. Order MOAR than you think you will need.

Actually makes me feel better about the route I took in GB#1. I've never hosted more than a single table tournament, but I ordered enough for 3-4 tables. On the bad side - since half my first order was lost by UPS, I'm going to have chips from both batch #1 and batch #4. Once I get my batch #4 chips, I will report back here to let you all know how the same chips from different batches measure up against each other.

This group buy was not just a group buy. It was a MASSIVE group buy with tons of different sets, designs, changes, being sent in constantly over months (by THE MAN SeanG).
If they already have your design in their system I would thinking adding more chips you can just go direct. If your worried about time then saving time should just cost you the extra fees to ship your extras by themselves. If you want to save on shipping then you might have to wait. Also if you wait another week or so until some of us get our chips maybe you can get others here that want to add on to their sets so you can run a small group buy but only for people that don't want changes to their original designs so its easy and fast for the manufacturer. Thoughts?

Yeah, I know the mantra around here is MOAR! I ordered one set, and I ordered enough of them. Then @Kid_Eastwood had to go and post his WSOP tributes! I fell in love with those, but was feeling guilty about how much I was ordering, so made that set order too small! I love the samples I've seen, so now I want MOAR!

I know photos can be very deceiving because of lighting. These were the samples of mine...
Tina.png

These are someone elses samples based on the same artwork from "another" supplier. These are not cards mold, so I don't know if that affects things.
2nd Supplier.jpg

Yeah, I know the mantra around here is MOAR! I ordered one set, and I ordered enough of them. Then @Kid_Eastwood had to go and post his WSOP tributes! I fell in love with those, but was feeling guilty about how much I was ordering, so made that set order too small! I love the samples I've seen, so now I want MOAR!

I know photos can be very deceiving because of lighting. These were the samples of mine...
View attachment 619153

These are someone elses samples based on the same artwork from "another" supplier. These are not cards mold, so I don't know if that affects things.
View attachment 619155

I kind of want these as well

Thanks again @SeanGecko ! All undamaged :tup:

722FD60F-9767-4CAD-B037-ED90DB044765.jpeg
30270B41-18B2-492C-A818-587508D71C4B.jpeg
6E0D4852-B4E9-4A36-9712-25867B44363D.jpeg
CF31508C-925A-4FCA-8EE0-FFDB27FA00AC.jpeg

My one gripe despite the solid price is that many of the chips still had noticeable injection marks on them. I’m guessing a sanding will wear them down at least. I still plan on buying more of course but I’d pay a few cents extra to have these marks fully and consistently removed before shipped.
0A9671A8-2502-4DF3-BE38-FB9803651AB7.jpeg

(these being some of the worse out of 40 chips)

ReallyGood - those seem to be the absolute perfect chip trays that fit these. Can you share with us where you purchased and the specs?

View attachment 619393View attachment 619394View attachment 619396View attachment 619395

My one gripe despite the solid price is that many of the chips still had noticeable injection marks on them. I’m guessing a sanding will wear them down at least. I still plan on buying more of course but I’d pay a few cents extra to have these marks fully and consistently removed before shipped.
View attachment 619398
really nice. I'd totally get a set of these.

ReallyGood - those seem to be the absolute perfect chip trays that fit these. Can you share with us where you purchased and the specs?
They're your typical Paulson 24010 racks. There's a little wiggle to them but it's still acceptable.

Hoping to get a lot out tomorrow. Friday night I plan to do some more packing and sending messages to get shipping. Busy week at work. I'm plugging away.

@BGinGA I noticed some scuff marks on the 25,000 and had them print off a new one that will be in batch 4.

Also @ChrisB also have replacements for the ones that broke on yours on the way.

View attachment 619393View attachment 619394View attachment 619396View attachment 619395

View attachment 619398
It seems like sanding these from the blanks would be fast simple part of the manufacturing process. But if you sand them now won't you expose the white color of the blank?

... Also if you wait another week or so until some of us get our chips maybe you can get others here that want to add on to their sets so you can run a small group buy but only for people that don't want changes to their original designs so its easy and fast for the manufacturer. Thoughts?
It would seem that would be easier and faster to me, but I don't really know. Nobody has thoughts on that? It doesn't seem like we would get to the 10,000 chip minimum for the price break, but if we could I would be in.

View attachment 619398
That SUPER close up photo really exaggerates the pimple. Just holding them in your hand, it's barely noticeable. These chips are CHEAP! THAT is their primary attraction. And for as cheap as they are, they are very colorful, and really, really nice. I've got Sun-Flys that cost twice as much and it's almost as noticeable. So I think most of us prefer that they keep the cost as low as possible, and if someone wants to go to the effort of sanding them off smooth, they can do so. Or pay a much higher price for an actual brand name chip.

It would seem that would be easier and faster to me, but I don't really know. Nobody has thoughts on that? It doesn't seem like we would get to the 10,000 chip minimum for the price break, but if we could I would be in.
A couple of the other group buys are using a different manufacturer / printer. I'd like to see how their chips come out, which is probably going to be another couple months. (or more... :( ) I'll probably order more of these eventually, but I'm probably at least 6 months away from being to that point. I'd just like to have the ones I've already ordered!

But seriously, I'd bet if you put together a new GB tomorrow, you'd have a 10K chip order within two weeks. But it's still going to be stacked behind all the other orders that have been placed, so there's really no rush that I can see.

Possible to get a couple more photos of the ACFs?

View attachment 619153

View attachment 619155

I don't know if it's about lighting but I do prefer how your yellow $1000 printed.
I also prefer them with a mold.

I don't know if it's about lighting but I do prefer how your yellow $1000 printed.
I also prefer them with a mold.
I agree with you on both counts. The yellow is most concerning. It could be just fluorescent lighting making them look more green than they are. The yellow and black chips are what I need more of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom