Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (14 Viewers)

I had some prototypes made in the 43mm cards mold and 39mm hybrid options. Here are some comparison shots:

39mm HYBRID
View attachment 845700View attachment 845702

43mm CARDS MOLD
View attachment 845701View attachment 845703

LEFT: 39mm hybrid - MIDDLE: 39mm cards mold (original run) - RIGHT: 43mm cards mold
View attachment 845706View attachment 845707View attachment 845709View attachment 845708View attachment 845710
View attachment 845711View attachment 845712View attachment 845713View attachment 845714View attachment 845715

Close-up of the 39mm hybrids
View attachment 845716

Stack heights (first 4 pics are 43mm hybrids compared to original run 39mm cards mold - last pic is 43mm hybrids compared to 43mm cards mold)
View attachment 845717View attachment 845718View attachment 845719View attachment 845721View attachment 845720
The colour on the Hybrid look much more "bright" compare to the card mold samples, it felt like the card mold batch machine are running low on ink

How does the Hybrid felt like when compare to the card mold?

The colour on the Hybrid look much more "bright" compare to the card mold samples, it felt like the card mold batch machine are running low on ink

How does the Hybrid felt like when compare to the card mold?

The colors on the ceramic parts of the chip are basically the same. It's probably just bad photography skills or lighting. The hybrid label is 100% better print quality than printing directly to the ceramic, which is to be expected. I'll try to take some better pictures.

I went into this expecting to buy a set of 43mm cards mold chips. I still might, but my first impression is that the hybrid chips are amazing. They don't grip quite as well as the full ceramic chips, but again, that's to be expected with less ceramic surface area. I took stacks of 10 chips, and gave them a little push on my speed cloth. The cards mold chips (39mm and 43mm) stood tall even after a decent push. When I did this to the 39mm hybrid chips, the stack fell over every time. I'll try to post a video.

but my first impression is that the hybrid chips are amazing. They don't grip quite as well as the full ceramic chips, but again, that's to be expected with less ceramic surface area. I took stacks of 10 chips, and gave them a little push on my speed
I seem a few Sun-fly Hybrid that imitate the BJ S7 / Matasui feel. So I been quite interested since I last heard Tina are also doing Hybrid

The colors on the ceramic parts of the chip are basically the same. It's probably just bad photography skills or lighting. The hybrid label is 100% better print quality than printing directly to the ceramic, which is to be expected. I'll try to take some better pictures.
Nice, thanks for the explanation

I had some prototypes made in the 43mm cards mold and 39mm hybrid options. Here are some comparison shots:

39mm HYBRID

43mm CARDS MOLD

LEFT: 39mm hybrid - MIDDLE: 39mm cards mold (original run) - RIGHT: 43mm cards mold
View attachment 845706View attachment 845707View attachment 845709View attachment 845708View attachment 845710
View attachment 845711View attachment 845712View attachment 845713View attachment 845714View attachment 845715

View attachment 845716

Stack heights (first 4 pics are 43mm hybrids compared to original run 39mm cards mold - last pic is 43mm hybrids compared to 43mm cards mold)
View attachment 845717View attachment 845718View attachment 845719View attachment 845721View attachment 845720

The label vs. print on ceramic makes a huge difference in sharpness in my opinion. Thanks for these comparison pics !

One thing I have noticed - and I’m not sure if it’s because these are prototypes or not - but on SOME cards mold chips, the colors don’t get into the cards mold fully. The color is a little lighter. I don’t remember seeing this on my original cards mold chip set.

NUTS $0.25 chips.jpeg

Last edited:
Pricing on hybrid compared to ceramics? Same or more?

43mm hybrid available?

Are the labels smooth or textured? Laminated?

39mm HYBRID

43mm CARDS MOLD

View attachment 845716

Thanks for posting, very helpful. So, from the pics, the hybrids are thicker than the original cards mold? How do the 43mm cards mold compare to original cards mold?

One thing I have noticed - and I’m not sure if it’s because these are prototypes or not - but on SOME cards mold chips, the colors don’t get into the cards mold fully. The color is a little lighter. I don’t remember seeing this on my original cards mold chip set.

View attachment 845730
View attachment 845729
Is it just because of prototyping that hbd rolling edges aren’t right? Also do the hybrids have sharper edges or is it because they’re new (or the color difference from the mismatched rolling edges make them look sharper?

One of my issues with the CM chips is that their dye sub process gets a little grainy on graphics. Looks like their hybrid chip fixes that problem. How do the graphics look on the labels in person compared to the full-face dye sub art?

Is it just because of prototyping that hbd rolling edges aren’t right? Also do the hybrids have sharper edges or is it because they’re new (or the color difference from the mismatched rolling edges make them look sharper?
I believe so, yes; I think I remember reading that for samples they just use whatever they have lying around, so rolling edges are wrong on them. I think it might have been in the Aria GB when the prototypes were pictured.

Edit; it was the Aria GB where the proofs had pre-printed rolling edges.

Last edited:
One of my issues with the CM chips is that their dye sub process gets a little grainy on graphics. Looks like their hybrid chip fixes that problem. How do the graphics look on the labels in person compared to the full-face dye sub art?
I simplified the graphics from my original 39mm cards mold chip design, and the print quality on the inlay area of the 43mm cards mold is definitely improved.

4AC88D31-D1EB-43A4-90D0-A53A814599B2.jpeg

But the difference between the hybrid label and the cards mold is still pretty stark. The hybrid label is much better quality.

35C3400B-C253-474F-B75F-785C3EE005E3.jpeg

@Himewad I actually like the lighter color in the mold imprints themselves, at least in photos, as long as they’re consistent on the chip and across a whole set or production run. Do they look bad/weird in person or just different?

Also can hybrids have molds?

@Himewad I actually like the lighter color in the mold imprints themselves, at least in photos, as long as they’re consistent on the chip and across a whole set or production run. Do they look bad/weird in person or just different?

To me they look a bit weird, and not consistent u fortunately. Seems to happen more on the reds, and not isolated to because the 43mm is pre-prod.
I ordered in the last aria tourney gb(5) and it is certainly noticeable. For the price I still have no complaints, but food for thought. Again, seem isolated to the red spectrum for whatever reason?
20220113_101720.jpg
20220113_101708.jpg
20220113_101742.jpg
20220113_101810.jpg
20220113_101832.jpg

Attachments

• 20220113_101731.jpg
    20220113_101731.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 88
Pricing on hybrid compared to ceramics? Same or more?

43mm hybrid available?

Are the labels smooth or textured? Laminated?

I was quoted $0.30 per chip for the 39mm hybrids for up to 9999 chips. For 10000+ chips, it's $0.28 per chip. Plus a $158 flat fee that is a label setup cost. At this time, 43mm hybrids are not available. Labels are textured and laminated.

1642087393513.png

They don't look bad when the cards mold is printed in a lighter color. But for the dark colors, it's definitely something that is noticeable. Like the dark edge spot on the purple chip a few posts up. But this discoloration didn't happen on the original 39mm cards mold chips, so it's strange.

In theory, hybrids can have molds. And a 43mm cards mold hybrid would be the best of all worlds, but they are not an option. At least at this time.

I can confirm this. I have a sample of your original "The Nuts" cards mold chips and I don't see it on them at all, but with the set of custom cards molds I just had made in December, I see it. Like you said, it's as if the colors don't fully print onto the cards mold recesses. Certain colors seem to be worse/more noticeable than others.

That said, I'm still very happy with my set.

This would be what I'd potentially be interested in also. Tina sent me a few samples of the hybrid chips with my Aria order, and while clearly printing on a label is going to get much sharper graphics than directly onto ceramic, I just didn't care at all for the plain mold chip. Personally that's a deal breaker for me.

We’re gonna need to see how good their color matching is on their labels if doing faux inlay shapes. The hopefully-good news is that since they’re responsible for both components they should be able to make sure they get it right before shipping products out.

(Also hope their label orientation is as good as their edge spot alignment, provided the chip design requires a specific orientation relative to edge spots.)

View attachment 845731
I see the lighter color on the GB chips that just landed. Also, look at the 12 o’clock and 1:30 cards on the 39mm at right, it’s there in the photo.

I see the lighter color on the GB chips that just landed. Also, look at the 12 o’clock and 1:30 cards on the 39mm at right, it’s there in the photo.
Yes, it sometimes pops up on the original 39mm chips. But it's pretty infrequent. But it's almost always visible on the 43mm chips.

So ordering from Tina

the card mold is not available yet on the 46mm????

what about the diamond mold on the 46mm???

if not available yet do we have a time frame as to when the may be available on the 46???

How do the hybrids stack compare the the card mold though? The same? More or less spinners and slickness? @Himewad @TX_Golf_N_Poker
I have ~ 1200-1400 of each type. Hybrids (Sun-fly mold) have no spinners that I've noticed. Cards mold have mostly spinners...which is to say not 100% of chips will be a spinner, but 100% of stacks will have multiple spinners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom