Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (12 Viewers)

FWIW
I am in a smaller group buy going through Tina for ~10k chips.
We made our order at the end of Dec and started receiving prototype pics just recently.
Sorry, my comment posted before I was finished.

BINGO! Order placed in December, and just now seeing prototypes! That's THREE MONTHS - just to see the sample pics, while the other order was placed and chips being received this week in two months. Unless the chips coming in the week are total crap, I rest my case. Tina has had a fantastic opportunity for a TON of business, and I think they have blown it! Everyone in this order has been super patient, and I know that Sean is busting his ass for us. But the company has been a giant failure at coming through on promises.

I will anxiously await word on the @Pinesol13 / @Raphmivey GB which I believe is being delivered this week. This GB used a different manufacturer, began around November, and I think was placed in January. Possibly LATE January. If so, that is TWO MONTHS from order to delivery. If these chips are equal to the chips from Tina, then I suspect we should consider using this company for any future GBs. Sorry, but Tina's company has consistently missed virtually every deadline they ever set. And like @JustDave and @Himewad have stated, this is really unacceptable.

That's correct, we went with a different company ( I don't know the name, or any other info ). Order was placed late January. Chips are scheduled to be delivered to my door tomorrow.

Once I'm done with the reshipping I will be sending some of my chips as samples to @Eloe2000 so he can do a comparison photoshoot with the chips from the main group buy.

Once I have my chips in hand, I'll know this for sure, but I have a feeling based on sample photos that some of the colors I used in my artwork file did not translate correctly on their end. I used the color pinwheels and used the exact same color codes in my art, it'll be interesting to see how close they are to the pinwheel samples.

Is Tina representing a middle man?
I though she was a rep of the company making the chips?
I don't know for sure, but my impression was that she may be a translator for various companies or just one company but one which hangs various "shingles". I know for sure she is associated with other companies than just the one Alibaba company.

That's correct, we went with a different company ( I don't know the name, or any other info ). Order was placed late January. Chips are scheduled to be delivered to my door tomorrow.

Once I'm done with the reshipping I will be sending some of my chips as samples to @Eloe2000 so he can do a comparison photoshoot with the chips from the main group buy.

Once I have my chips in hand, I'll know this for sure, but I have a feeling based on sample photos that some of the colors I used in my artwork file did not translate correctly on their end. I used the color pinwheels and used the exact same color codes in my art, it'll be interesting to see how close they are to the pinwheel samples.

Coincidentally I am just about a week away from placing an order with a small group and now I am unsure which route I will take. Last I spoke with her she was very responsive and did say there is a little delay in turnaround.

Is Tina representing a middle man?
I though she was a rep of the company making the chips?
As some have pointed out before, when dealing with China it is often hard to tell. I have certainly been of the understanding that Tina worked directly for the company doing the printing and shipping of the chips, but no idea if that has ever been confirmed with any certainty.

BINGO! Order placed in December, and just now seeing prototypes! That's THREE MONTHS - just to see the sample pics, while the other order was placed and chips being received this week in two months. Unless the chips coming in the week are total crap, I rest my case. Tina has had a fantastic opportunity for a TON of business, and I think they have blown it! Everyone in this order has been super patient, and I know that Sean is busting his ass for us. But the company has been a giant failure at coming through on promises.
In fairness I think we were told there would be delays because of Chinese New Year. Is this timeline still acceptable? That's debatable but...

Coincidentally I am just about a week away from placing an order with a small group and now I am unsure which route I will take. Last I spoke with her she was very responsive and did say there is a little delay in turnaround.

If it helps I can probably get samples to you sooner. I didn't want to take any of my time away from the reshipping project until that was complete. But it won't take much time at all to get 20 chips in the mail to you.

Yes, I think a lot of people are waiting to see how the chips compare from the two different manufacturers. If the quality is basically the same, I would think future group buys will go with the manufacturer that can meet stated deadlines. We don't know how much volume they can handle though.

In fairness I think we were told there would be delays because of Chinese New Year. Is this timeline still acceptable? That's debatable but...
My point is that this is an exact apples to apple comparison of the timeline. You ordered before the other GB. You are just now seeing sample pics and they are receiving their chips.

If it helps I can probably get samples to you sooner. I didn't want to take any of my time away from the reshipping project until that was complete. But it won't take much time at all to get 20 chips in the mail to you.

I don't want to put you out, but that would be amazing. Regardless, I will make sure to get everything photographed for everyone whenever it is.

If you can potentially carve literally MONTHS off your delivery schedule, I would think waiting another week or so to see the chips from the other manufacturer would be advisable.

If you can potentially carve literally MONTHS off your delivery schedule, I would think waiting another week or so to see the chips from the other manufacturer would be advisable.

Several people (myself included) are doing add-ons to sets they already have in hand from the original buy, so its more complicated.

I just want to add some precision, nothing else, but using the color pinwheels from another manufacturer cannot guarantee any specific results, although I would imagine is better than nothing. It s true that the green and blue colors were highly criticized with the 2nd manufacturer.

I just want to add some precision, nothing else, but using the color pinwheels from another manufacturer cannot guarantee any specific results, although I would imagine is better than nothing. It s true that the green and blue colors were highly criticized with the 2nd manufacturer.

Good point, I forgot to consider that.

It was kinda funny, a lot of the photos looked off, especially with blue and green. But in the videos they sent the colors looked a lot closer to what I'm expecting/hoping for.

My fingers are crossed that this company is just really bad at taking photos :LOL: :laugh:

It was kinda funny, a lot of the photos looked off, especially with blue and green. But in the videos they sent the colors looked a lot closer to what I'm expecting/hoping for.

My fingers are crossed that this company is just really bad at taking photos :LOL: :laugh:
Hopefully this is the case and the actual chips turn out looking great in person.

I wonder if for those doing add-ons to existing sets (like @Eloe2000 mentioned) if this company would be willing to attempt to match up colors by having us send them a few chips that were produced by the other company. They seem to be really responsive and would probably be interesting in winning the business away from the other printer. Obviously color matching would be critical. Could we even ask them to produce the same color wheels that we had made by Tina's company?

Several people (myself included) are doing add-ons to sets they already have in hand from the original buy, so its more complicated.
Another thing to keep in mind is, can we even be certain that Tina's group can color match exactly a batch made this year with one made last year?

Another thing to keep in mind is, can we even be certain that Tina's group can color match exactly a batch made this year with one made last year?

I don't have that faith, which is why I am considering the other vendor at all. There just seems to be some weird magic in their color application that is a mystery.

I think they are bad at photos. I purchased chips on my own through the second vendor (not Tina) and am super pleased with them. Granted, I have the flat textured chips and not the cards mold, but comparing mine to the cards mold from Tina (I have a sample set) the quality seems just as good.

Also, when I submitted my personal order, the lady I worked with had samples (with video) to me within a couple of hours. Once I approved them, they completed the entire order in 4 days and it was at my door in under a month.

There are some in the new group (alternate supplier) that had the same designs/colors as some of the Tina group chips that have already arrived. Once the new USA/CAN GB chips have arrived and been reshipped in the coming weeks and sample sets exchanged, we can have a direct comparison.

Batch 4 also got delayed due to an outside issue unknown to me with communication between a pcf member and Tina.

They're identity is confidential for they're protection. No need need for pitch forks and torches.

Batch 4 also got delayed due to an outside issue unknown to me with communication between a pcf member and Tina.

They're identity is confidential for they're protection. No need need for pitch forks and torches.
That’s what you think!
1616449298007.jpeg

Of course that is Tina’s fault. As the purchaser she shouldn’t have taken any direction from a 3rd party to the transaction between you and her company.

That’s what you think!
View attachment 660915
Of course that is Tina’s fault. As the purchaser she shouldn’t have taken any direction from a 3rd party to the transaction between you and her company.
I had given permission to talk to correct some color issues. I wasn't aware that it had been stalling the group production.

I think we should get more color wheels for the Forum and that might assist in quicker production on colors. Maybe

I had given permission to talk to correct some color issues. I wasn't aware that it had been stalling the group production.

I think we should get more color wheels for the Forum and that might assist in quicker production on colors. Maybe
Don’t bring logic and facts to my pitchfork and torch party. :LOL: :laugh:

I don't have that faith, which is why I am considering the other vendor at all. There just seems to be some weird magic in their color application that is a mystery.
I'm also interested in seeing that comparison.

There was a small sample batch from this second vendor I'd seen photos of that just kind of looked "plasticky" and I know that's not a word...!
As mentioned in these previous posts, the colors also looked off. Very curious if it was just bad photos or the color reproduction is inferior.

Can someone who has these chips tell me if the sample pics of their set is the same color in person or is it lighter/darker?
My samples came in and they look darker on base purple and
Blue.
Just was wondering if it was the lighting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom