Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (14 Viewers)

I think mine are exactly like the prototype pictures (the Nuts). You can decide if you think there is a significant difference.

Design files
2B06D760-073B-41A0-BA0C-937009313058.jpeg

Prototype chips
434EA3B6-85F5-4931-AE5A-5BB04BEABC2F.jpeg

Actual chips
3B475D10-8871-4215-ADFF-2763CF0193D9.jpeg

Can someone who has these chips tell me if the sample pics of their set is the same color in person or is it lighter/darker?
My samples came in and they look darker on base purple and
Blue.
Just was wondering if it was the lighting.
I think my chips looked like the sample pictures. Many people have indicated that their purple chips got produced darker than expected. I know I'm thinking of ordering replacements for my purple. It's a little worse in person than the picture below shows.

Attachments

• TA704245 (2).JPG
    TA704245 (2).JPG
    164 KB · Views: 81
Many people have indicated that their purple chips got produced darker than expected. I know I'm thinking of ordering replacements for my purple. It's a little worse in person than the picture below shows.

My medium-dark purples ended up slightly darker than I expected for sure. That was about the only color "issue" I had and I would really hesitate to call that much of an issue. I think in general, the color may print slightly darker than some people would expect but not by much.

I'm also interested in seeing that comparison.

There was a small sample batch from this second vendor I'd seen photos of that just kind of looked "plasticky" and I know that's not a word...!
As mentioned in these previous posts, the colors also looked off. Very curious if it was just bad photos or the color reproduction is inferior.

For the second vendor GB, we also had them send some videos of the samples, as we thought the picture quality that was sent seemed a bit washed out. When the videos came, the colors seemed to be truer to form. We assumed that Tina had a better camera than the other manufacturer. Here is the sample pic and vid of mine. The difference between the 2 for my set was not as pronounced as some.

Klug Chips Stack Sample.jpg
Klug Chips All Sample.jpg

For the second vendor GB, we also had them send some videos of the samples, as we thought the picture quality that was sent seemed a bit washed out. When the videos came, the colors seemed to be truer to form. We assumed that Tina had a better camera than the other manufacturer. Here is the sample pic and vid of mine. The difference between the 2 for my set was not as pronounced as some.

Are all the No Mold chips a glossy edge?
I thought the chips from Tina on No Mold blank did not have the glossy edges?

There is textured and non textured. The texture ends near the edge and at that point has the same finish as the non textured. Neither is really glossy and only looks that way in some photos with harsh light. It’s actually very difficult to tell the difference between the two chips in person even once aware that that they are in fact different.

There is textured and non textured. The texture ends near the edge and at that point has the same finish as the non textured. Neither is really glossy and only looks that way in some photos with harsh light. It’s actually very difficult to tell the difference between the two chips in person even once aware that that they are in fact different.
The chips in the video above are not from Tina. They are from the second vendor. So, I too would like to know if the second vendor chips have a glossier edge than the chips from Tina. I do know that is one big difference between Cards mold chips from Sun-Fly vs from Tina. Sun-Fly's are definitely more glossy.

Quick and dirty comparison between Tina chips (card mould) and other manufacturer (43mm). Same designer (@Kid_Eastwood) for both. Probably as close as we can get to a 1:1 comparison. I will do a better comparison later in the week once I get the remainder of my order with another colorway and will use a good point and shoot camera.

@Jake14mw

DBADA964-F0CB-4FAF-B200-EB071F40CF12.jpeg
10341821-710B-48B3-AEC1-AE0B0182A7DA.jpeg

E769A95F-3B8B-42E1-B98C-19092A8C513B.jpeg

918B0788-3FBC-4332-9C79-ED7D01B597F0.jpeg
8C4CF735-F819-4DE4-B81E-AF03E8585827.jpeg
EB9A0E81-56F6-4468-92C7-E6B472C45D4E.jpeg
5B7B5D6B-A648-451E-9A86-DD9F7CC15DD9.jpeg
0D188862-12B0-4C1F-BAFE-4B8BDA72522D.jpeg
6B242EA8-B005-432C-81DC-C2B8259D2D9E.jpeg
232E76EB-7F54-4B75-ADD4-F6A9199D105B.jpeg
4D372A85-3C75-433B-B007-E9A7E4063A0B.jpeg
BCBA772F-BCC4-4438-B128-38F1291EAF36.jpeg

Shame they are not both on the same mold to compare.
In some, it looks like Tina's color reproduction is better, and in others looks like Tina's printer is running out of ink.

since we refer the one manufacturer as Tina's we could refer to the new manufacturer as Anita's that is the contacts name.

Quick and dirty comparison between Tina chips (card mould) and other manufacturer (43mm). Same designer (@Kid_Eastwood) for both. Probably as close as we can get to a 1:1 comparison. I will do a better comparison later in the week once I get the remainder of my order with another colorway and will use a good point and shoot camera.

@Jake14mw

View attachment 664668View attachment 664669
View attachment 664670
View attachment 664671View attachment 664672View attachment 664673View attachment 664674View attachment 664675View attachment 664676View attachment 664677View attachment 664678View attachment 664679

Nice comparison but I didn't even remember having done these WSOP primaries as 43mm in the design.

Seeing the size of the spot, they just stretched everything including text thickness and it does not render very well imho. Even on Tina's chips they increase what I set as text thickness in fact.

Édit : Just saw how the middle spot is finishing on the 43mm one. It's a shame they have not even taken the time to adjust its ending properly. It's visible on the T100, T5000 and T25000. Edges should more off also I guess because everything must be calculated so that it fits perfectly if they change the diameter and spot sizes.

Édit 2 : Tina's colors look better from the pics.

For me Tina's a big winner here.

Very nice to have done this comparison and to share it. Thanks !!

In my opinion ABC Gifts and Awards and SunFly print much better. The same design I adapted (T500 colors) for @jbomb1018 ... Look how thin and sharp are the texts... ABC Gifts and Awards made them on their textured chips.
Also the colors are very close to the ones in the design and the gradient in the "allin" text and on the cash chips turn out very well.

20201222_072252-jpg.642368

Last edited:
The edge spots being over would bug me immensely.

The absolute uniformity of the edge spots had always kinda bugged me in general if I'm being honest. The edge spots printed on trying to emulate clay edge spots which have 'organic' and non uniform distribution as the two mediums get compressed with each other has always thrown me off. I was thinking someone could try faking this by making the lines not clean, but then it'd likely look to uniformly not right, like fake brick or cinder block wall that looks 'too fake'.

Anyways, just always a gripe or mine.

Is this from Tina? Batch #4 being boxed up? It is now officially the last day of March in the Central time zone, and I think it's been 3/31 for quite a while now in China. I don't care if I see pics of my chips or not, just want to hear that they are ON A BOAT!!!

Is this from Tina? Batch #4 being boxed up? It is now officially the last day of March in the Central time zone, and I think it's been 3/31 for quite a while now in China. I don't care if I see pics of my chips or not, just want to hear that they are ON A BOAT!!!
Those are mine from batch 4. But Tina sent me that pic a lonnnnngg time ago

batch 4 goods .need to take pictures and video to yuo on 10TH,April.

Per Tina.
Any explanation as to why these dates keep getting pushed out? I thought her previous message was to have them completed by March 20th?

Maybe tell her that another vendor took an order and had chips delivered in the US in about two months. Why is her company taking so much longer?

Any explanation as to why these dates keep getting pushed out? I thought her previous message was to have them completed by March 20th?

Maybe tell her that another vendor took an order and had chips delivered in the US in about two months. Why is her company taking so much longer?
That same company pumped out crap samples for us and has not responded to my emails since. Again, not trying to cast aspersions on any ethnicity or group of people, but it seems like the Chinese plastic factories have been a mess since CNY. I’m saying this from the two group buys Im a part of and side inquiries I made for something else

Just ordered a set of SF Polyclay, need to order more racks now. Any recommendations for best fit? I hate when I can squeeze in 21 chips....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom