Custom artwork group buy. US/CAN CARDS MOLD (34 Viewers)

I’m going to end up owning way too many of these chips :LOL: :laugh:

2gpnrR0.jpg

AWzxjP1.jpg

HJj2kdc.jpg

Zid2is9.jpg

lg7MHg2.jpg

gXwM6kP.jpg
@JeepologyOffroad these available for the G5 add on?

Also, can these be done 'no mold'? the cards aren't really adding much either way.

speaking from unfortunate experience myself, no doubt LFRBs are not sufficient for the amount of chips they can hold. i will always go with 2x MFRBs with extra padding instead from now on.
What's the approximate chip capacity of Medium vs Large box? If you really packed them as full as reasonably possible? Just trying to get an idea of weight.

What's the approximate chip capacity of Medium vs Large box? If you really packed them as full as reasonably possible? Just trying to get an idea of weight.

you can fit 1100-1200 into a LFRB with room to spare, but i would not recommend it. 500-600 packing tightly with padding in a MFRB is a pretty safe bet. also, always use packing tape on all edges - don't trust the cardboard!

Last edited:
I think a difference here is that these aren’t being shipped in Werneke boxes. These are in 25 chip shrink wrap rolls. So I am also curious what the best way to repack these for reshipping is.

One tip I read was taping items together inside the box to create a large brick or singular unit to reduce the amount of movement within the package itself.

So maybe shrink wrap bundles of 4-6 rolls together to make a solid brick. Then assemble these bricks together and wrap those together very tightly with shrink wrap and then bubble wrap it and encase that in a ton of packing tape. Make it one solid unit. Then affix address on that brick and tape over the address so it's waterproof. Just in case the outer box gets mangled there will still be an address to deliver to.

Double box if possible and reinforce every edge and corner of the boxes with layers of packing tape.

Despite all of this there's probably still no accounting for negligence by the carrier.

Could get mangled in a sorting machine or be subject to abuse by a shitty employee.

I think a difference here is that these aren’t being shipped in Werneke boxes. These are in 25 chip shrink wrap rolls. So I am also curious what the best way to repack these for reshipping is.
This

For fewer chips (less weight), they hold, but it looks like having looser packed chips turns the cardboard into mush as the box is handled.
Having (Werneke like) boxes inside the shipping box keeps it rigid vs having a fluid moving weight inside softening the cardboard.

If I had to lose some chips, the $100's were the best option. It's a cash set and two rolls of hundreds survived! :tup:

For fewer chips (less weight), they hold, but it looks like having looser packed chips turns the cardboard into mush as the box is handled.
Having (Werneke like) boxes inside the shipping box keeps it rigid vs having a fluid moving weight inside softening the cardboard.

The same effect can be produced by any snug packing method with enough padding to tightly fill the interior. Shrink wrap rolls will be fine if they are jammed within enough padding to fill the box tightly.

Empty space and weight are the enemies of cardboard shipping boxes.

The same effect can be produced by any snug packing method with enough padding to tightly fill the interior. Shrink wrap rolls will be fine if they are jammed within enough padding to fill the box tightly.

Empty space and weight are the enemies of cardboard shipping boxes.
I think the issue is that the loose rolls act like shipping peanuts and shift. that motion allows the cardboard to flex and weaken.
Using soft padding or paper packing likely won't restrain them.

I think the issue is that the loose rolls act like shipping peanuts and shift. that motion allows the cardboard to flex and weaken.
Using soft padding or paper packing likely won't restrain them.

right, hence my phrasing "if they are jammed within enough padding to fill the box tightly" - when i tape a box of chips shut, i want to be fighting against the pressure of the padding.

you can fit 1100-1200 into a LFRB with room to spare, but i would not recommend it. 500-600 packing tightly with padding in a MFRB is a pretty safe bet. also, always use packing tape on all edges - don't trust the cardboard!
Thanks! Good answer. I've got about 1000 coming from batch 4, so I assume I should expect two MFRBs. Better to pay a little more for postage than to try and put over 20 pounds into a LFRB.

Question: for anyone from the original GB, if you did a faux hot stamp. how does it look? what might you do different?

Question: for anyone from the original GB, if you did a faux hot stamp. how does it look? what might you do different?
I think the NCC quarters that were done with silver lettering/font ended up being a pretty good representation of a hot stamp chip.

There were also photos of the set referred to above which was tribute to the Aurora Star hot stamps.

One tip I read was taping items together inside the box to create a large brick or singular unit to reduce the amount of movement within the package itself.
^^ This...

Double box if possible and reinforce every edge and corner of the boxes with layers of packing tape.
... and ^this.

^Those two items are the easiest -- and cheapest -- ways to ensure that USPS priority boxes do not burst during transit, or lose contents even if they do.

My NCC nickels and quarters have a faux hotstamp, and I'm very happy. Obviously it's not shiny like foil, but the effect is still about as good as it can get on a ceramic.

For fine detail, I think the dark text on light background reads a little better than the other way round.

1614984083139.png

you couldn't have translated it first? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

i think she is saying "we will be done with all of your chips by the end of this month, or we won't"
So the massive group 4-5 combined is expected to be completed by the end of March?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom