Current not-so-secret group buy? (1 Viewer)

This thread, along with other things recently is a sad indictment of what large chunks of the chipping community has become.

Disagree. The chipping "community" is still awesome. But there are some for-profit people into chipping. And there are some that fall into both categories.

I get wanting to sell at market price, so as not to leave money on the table for someone else to take.

If flippers and gonna flip, you don't have to buy. Just sayin'...

Disagree. The chipping "community" is still awesome. But there are some for-profit people into chipping. And there are some that fall into both categories.

I get wanting to sell at market price, so as not to leave money on the table for someone else to take.

If flippers and gonna flip, you don't have to buy. Just sayin'...
The flipping part doesn't bother me actually. I get it, chips are worth too much now.

Admittedly I've joined in a few times out of frustration, but it's getting very argumentative around here and honestly nothing interesting seems to happen.

And yes I agree that most of the community is still awesome.

I'm feeling like salty bitch right now, so I'm complaining a lot. I'll snap out of it in a few days

The flipping part doesn't bother me actually. I get it, chips are worth too much now.

Admittedly I've joined in a few times out of frustration, but it's getting very argumentative around here and honestly nothing interesting seems to happen.

Why don’t you try to make something interesting happen? Oh wait .... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness though!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of PCF for tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys their day! :tup:
Given the nature of this thread, is this the time for me to say that my thanksgiving is ruined because other people are eating heritage breed, wild-raised, organic turkey that I can’t afford? Shouldn’t everyone be invited to eat that super rare turkey at the cost it took the farmer to raise it? Don’t eat turkey? Then I’m mad that you have access to soy products that I can’t get. Grumble, name call, expletive, divided community, profiteering, used to get an entire flock of turkeys in my backyard for a nickels worth of corn, etc.

/sarcasm off. In reality, let’s be grateful for what we have—a great community sprinkled with some unique individuals that add variety (and sometimes annoyance).

I'm feeling like salty bitch right now, so I'm complaining a lot. I'll snap out of it in a few days
Wait until your kid is born if you think you're grumpy now...

Given the nature of this thread, is this the time for me to say that my thanksgiving is ruined because other people are eating heritage breed, wild-raised, organic turkey that I can’t afford? Shouldn’t everyone be invited to eat that super rare turkey at the cost it took the farmer to raise it? Don’t eat turkey? Then I’m mad that you have access to soy products that I can’t get. Grumble, name call, expletive, divided community, profiteering, used to get an entire flock of turkeys in my backyard for a nickels worth of corn, etc.

This is a terrible analogy, as you’re leaving out the fact that this case is more similar to us all belonging to a niche online community that talks about every aspect of turkeys - their history, breeds, care and use, recipes, as well as run an active market to buy and sell rare turkeys. If there were a place to get access to the types of turkeys that you mention, this would be it.

This is a terrible analogy, as you’re leaving out the fact that this case is more similar to us all belonging to a niche online community that talks about every aspect of turkeys - their history, breeds, care and use, recipes, as well as run an active market to buy and sell rare turkeys. If there were a place to get access to the types of turkeys that you mention, this would be it.
I thought bad analogys where the thing around here....

15 pages. I think we’ve all said what we wanted to say. I think we can all agree my hooker/blow image was the pinnacle.

@BonScot I checked The Gallery, but didn’t see a dead horse image? Perhaps now is a great time to add a cut card worthy addition.
Not trying to gum the thread up, but a beaten donkey image is needed around here ... I'm going back to being gone. Still working on beer.

Kidding. I never sleep well anymore.

INTERESTING READ

Attachments

• NERDS.gif
    NERDS.gif
    2 MB · Views: 128
Yes. With great pizza and 28 of our own beers on tap. Let me know if you are ever down here. Beer and pizza on me!
You brew 28 different beers? Dang! That’s in San Antonio?

We brew a different batch at our brewpub every Thursday. We also have around 8 beers that we brew at our production brewery downtown. I have a great brewer on site at the brewpub who does a great job forecasting and is able to keep all 28 taps with beer.

We are celebrating our 11 th anniversary on Friday so while you guys are resting I will be working! Our anniversary beer that we will be releasing that day is called Eleven and is a barley wine.

Check us out at Freetailbrewing.com

We brew a different batch at our brewpub every Thursday. We also have around 8 beers that we brew at our production brewery downtown. I have a great brewer on site at the brewpub who does a great job forecasting and is able to keep all 28 taps with beer.

We are celebrating our 11 th anniversary on Friday so while you guys are resting I will be working! Our anniversary beer that we will be releasing that day is called Eleven and is a barley wine.

Check us out at Freetailbrewing.com
Honestly, I think I love you. And it's not just for all your spotted birds ....

... I mean, that doesn't hurt your chances either....

I’m relatively new here and never experienced community friendly pricing on chips. I understand what it used to be and how things change when google search on chips leads you to PCF. I don’t know how to feel about it, in general it feels like baseball and steroids; how can you compete in expanding your collection when most of the pricing is inflated and you sell chips at cost. I respect the law of supply and demand but what stings me is flipping chiproom sales. If you buy chiproom chips for the purpose to flip, you take the opportunity away from someone who couldn’t afford to acquire say mint paulsons at market price; without any leg work and minimum risk. I love the community aspect, but can always rely on most people acting in their self interest. Anyway, I still love to be part of PCF and met some really good peeps.
Happy Holidays

Honestly, I think I love you. And it's not just for all your spotted birds ....

... I mean, that doesn't hurt your chances either....
I think I am feeling the same and it is not just because of your artwork and witty humor.

You by far are my favorite troll! (Exclaimed respectfully)

I think I am feeling the same and it is not just because of your artwork and witty humor.

You by far are my favorite troll! (Exclaimed respectfully)
Some people get it... Hence why I'm a friendly troll and not a evil troll. :)

We are now best friends. I'll start driving for my beer after my family dinner...

Some people get it... Hence why I'm a friendly troll and not a evil troll. :)

We are now best friends. I'll start driving for my beer after my family dinner...
In all seriousness, I love to host my friends when given the opportunity. If the future finds you in San Antonio please contact me. I would definitely buy you some beer and pizza.

I have had the pleasure of seeing several members here and I will always take time to meet another friend. If there is anyone here that makes it down here please do not forget to contact me so we can meet up.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

In all seriousness, I love to host my friends when given the opportunity. If the future finds you in San Antonio please contact me. I would definitely buy you some beer and pizza.

I have had the pleasure of seeing several members here and I will always take time to meet another friend. If there is anyone here that makes it down here please do not forget to contact me so we can meet up.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
If I make it there, we can have a few and some laughs. I'm hoping I can actually make a Meetup soon and get to meet a few of the fellows. It's a goal for next year.

This is a terrible analogy...

That was the point. I was hoping to prove, through a ridiculous example, that we (as a community) seem to be hypersensitive at the moment and quick to nitpick other people regardless of what choice they are making.

Here is another example:

1574955856550.png

That was the point. I was hoping to prove, through a ridiculous example, that we (as a community) seem to be hypersensitive at the moment and quick to nitpick other people regardless of what choice they are making.

Here is another example:

View attachment 372524
Looks like half of a rock to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom