Cupholder solutions (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
https://eastidaho.craigslist.org/fuo/d/really-nice-poker-table/6408390829.html

I found this table on Craigslist. It’s not my dream table. But it’s 100 times better than the foldup I’m playing on now. And he’s knocked the price in half of what is listed.
My biggest problem with it is that it has no cupholders. And you can’t slide the metal cupholders with the tabs you slide under the rail.
Are there any good solutions for this or better to just pass on the table. We rarely if ever see poker supplies of any kind come up for sale. And surely not a decent table like this one for $200.
Just hate to not have cupholders. Although that is a good way to not have spills. If there aren’t any drinks, they tend not to spill.ha

Drill out the wood blocks and insert cupholders?

That, or try removing (or loosening) the rail so cupholders will fit.

No offense, but that table belongs in the fugly poker table thread... I’d take my 200 and put it towards the $300 self built table, which would allow slide under cupholders.

If you go with that table, consider making drink carts...

D9606247-94FB-4018-9ADC-CB1D3B380ADC.jpeg

....or, what I’ve recommended to several friends is find a cheap (but quality) pedestal table on CL, then simply build a rail, and add some 1/4 foam and SSC on top. Probably looking at around $300 total investment, but with a killer sturdy base (claw foot).

Here’s a local link to what I’m talking about...

https://boise.craigslist.org/fuo/d/oak-table/6423875295.html

I did something similar to this pub table

C9AFE268-0354-4E46-ABAE-96347CB613C4.jpeg

Here’s a pic of a typical $300 self built table, though I added a lower rail and deco nails (+30 to cost)

CC953D03-1CC5-4BBA-A528-E85356BA679B.jpeg

Drill out the wood blocks and insert cupholders?
That's the best response that actually answers the question.
A better response that addresses the issue is to get some side tables.
But the inescapable response that doesn't actually answer your question is to take your $200 and find or build a better table. Aside from being ugly, it sits 12, which means the seating positions are either cramped or the table is too big to be playable. Or possibly both.

But drilling and adding cupholders might not make sense at all, since the table is built for 12 players. I wouldn't go for this one at all.

"Really nice poker table, hardly ever been used."

Think about it. Why would someone spend the money on a table only to find out nobody wanted to play on it.

The only answer is: the table sucks.

Pass, and post in the fugly table thread.

Not to mention that you will want to replace that crappy velveteen fabric, and it likely won't be very easy to do so.

Plus it looks heavy as crap.

Thanks for all of the advice. After thinking about it and all of the ugly comments, I then for sure had to have it. I mean common, I already have a smoking hot wife and beautiful children. I don’t need a beautiful table. I’m going to give this table some love.hahaha
Seriously some of you guys are SPOILED!! It may be easy for you to all find and host games. In my area I play 50% of the time on a freaking kitchen table. Paper bycicle cards and dice chips.
In my circles, this table will be one of the nicer tables any of my friends will ever get to play on.haha
I enjoyed all of the comments though.
Chip on fellas!!!;)

I'd ask for dimensions for sure. It may just be how its photographed, but that table looks wider and longer than a "normal" table.

I was going to say an "Official Length and Width" table to match the "Official Weight" poker chips that probably were used on it.

Thanks for all of the advice. After thinking about it and all of the ugly comments, I then for sure had to have it. I mean common, I already have a smoking hot wife and beautiful children. I don’t need a beautiful table. I’m going to give this table some love.hahaha
Seriously some of you guys are SPOILED!! It may be easy for you to all find and host games. In my area I play 50% of the time on a freaking kitchen table. Paper bycicle cards and dice chips.
In my circles, this table will be one of the nicer tables any of my friends will ever get to play on.haha
Chip on fellas!!!;)
Not spoiled - just trying to steer you in the right direction. I'm willing to bet your players will continue to enjoy playing on a kitchen table if you add a topper, versus trying to reach across state lines to push the pot on the table linked.

Get one of these if you want a cheap upgrade $159 and lightyears better than the other option you are considering: https://express.google.com/product/...campaign=gsx&dclid=CK2EseKUrdgCFRaIaQodF50EEQ

Edit - sold out but search for
Barrington Texas Holdem Poker Table

Chip on fellas!!!;)

I think the point is that for not much more and some very basic carpentry and upholstery skills, you could have a much better table, one that addresses your cupholder issue head on rather than trying to find a work-around.

But my comments might be misplaced.

Pics of the hot wifey needed to be sure.

:whistle: :whistling:

Christmas Eve church pic;)

I’m not handy enough to build a Lincoln log set.haha
I’m a mailman, I ain’t got no other skills.
Seriously thanks boys. Table is already in my basement as of 6pm yesterday and has already had a freindly tourney played on it. It’s 100 times better than the foldup I used before at my game.

Well done, sir.

You may have a fugly but functional and better-than-what-you-used-to-use table, but you hit a home run in the wifey department.

Hahaha. Thanks!!
I’ve thouroughly enjoyed this thread!! Thanks to all who have replied!!

No offense, but that table belongs in the fugly poker table thread... I’d take my 200 and put it towards the $300 self built table, which would allow slide under cupholders.

If you go with that table, consider making drink carts...

View attachment 143274
whatever you do, dont use red SSC unless you want to burn your retinas

whatever you do, dont use red SSC unless you want to burn your retinas

Meaningless. He bought the fugly table, lol.

Oh, there’s a difference between red and burgundy

4838A1F9-E32E-4D44-B51B-F04DF50C7E4C.jpeg
58375BA2-1736-4C07-AC6E-1B02BB88E78D.jpeg

Ps, both these tables cost $300 or less...:rolleyes:

Here’s the red.. ya, it’s bright. (Look, cupholders too)

1EF0CAA1-E163-4F74-ADCA-7D2B290B5478.jpeg

I'll also add this for future table buyer's consideration:

I have no carpentry skills. None. I can bust stuff up with the best of them, but I've never successfully built anything out of wood. Wvwn the Notpad holder I built in middle school was so bad the teacher said "Never touch a power tool again in your life and I'll give you a "D", because you learned something - specifically that you can't do woodworking."

I've built 3 fantastic tables.

It is really easy to build basic tables. So easy, that I decided to expand my horizons and build a chair.

First time I sat in it, it collapsed.

Tables easy, chairs hard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom