Critical Server Maintenance and Upgrade (1 Viewer)

I see posts and messages have been lost between the two re-ups, hopefully nothing too important was lost, but worth mentioning.
Yeah, they had to put the old drive back. The plan is for them to get the new drive setup with a fresh install of the OS so they can properly resize the volumes on the higher capacity drive. Then when they are ready to migrate the data, I will close the forum and let the process start. We shouldn't lose anymore posts.

We are going to give it another go. The upgrade is scheduled to be done Wednesday morning, between 1am and 4am Eastern Time (NY Time).
Meanwhile in Europe…

8E85BB61-D60C-4E16-BC1B-CFB52005201A.gif

So the upgrade is no complete yet. We are still having issues cloning the 500GB NVMe boot drive to the new 2TB NVMe drive.

Right now the only solution on the table to do a fresh OS install on the new drive to properly size the volumes/partitions, then to migrate the data over to it. I follow up once we have a plan for the next steps.

We are going to give it one more try before I just order a new server and migrate to it. The upgrade is scheduled to be done Thursday morning, between 1am and 4am Eastern Time (NY Time).

We are going to give it one more try before I just order a new server and migrate to it. The upgrade is scheduled to be done Thursday morning, between 1am and 4am Eastern Time (NY Time).
I'm surprised you aren't cloud hosting this - any particular reason?

Just an update. There are too many issues with trying to migrate data, settings, and configurations on the same server.

I am having a new bare metal server setup today with the upgraded hardware. When it's ready, I will be moving the site to it. I'll post a notice on when that will happen. The IP is going to change so the DNS will need time to resolved to it. In the end, this is the best way to fix the current issue and upgrade the hardware at the same time.

Just an update. There are too many issues with trying to migrate data, settings, and configurations on the same server.

I am having a new bare metal server setup today with the upgraded hardware. When it's ready, I will be moving the site to it. I'll post a notice on when that will happen. The IP is going to change so the DNS will need time to resolved to it. In the end, this is the best way to fix the current issue and upgrade the hardware at the same time.
Hey Tommy, thanks for all the work you put in to this. Is there a way to delay the next outage until after the Mauler Friday? We have our tourney then.

Hey Tommy, thanks for all the work you put in to this. Is there a way to delay the next outage until after the Mauler Friday? We have our tourney then.
The move is scheduled to happen sometime next week at around @4am ET

Switching to the new server soon. The site will be going offline within the hour while the data is migrated and the DNS updates to the new IP.

Search index is being rebuilt and I have to update some other settings so emails get sent.

Did it work this time?

Well, I just realized they shorted me 16GB of RAM on the new server while looking at the service stats. They are going to add it today so one more shut down but it should be quick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom