CPC Hotstamp pricing question (1 Viewer)

JustDave

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just bad at reading, but I don't understand the price to get something hot stamped:
http://www.classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/hotstamps.htm

If anyone has had a set of hotstamps made maybe you can help me out here.

It's between 100-150$ to get a custom die made. If I wanted 5 denominations is that 5 different custom dies?

They show fractional stock dies with lettering around it. Is that lettering a custom die or something else? If you get a custom die made as a ring to go around that frac can they use the custom outer and just change the inside for different denominations?

Thanks,
Dave

Each denomination is its own die.

one option is to create a die for your name/branding without a denomination. Apply that stamp to one side of every chip. Then use the standard denomination stamps on the other side.

This path will get you out the door only needing to buy one die… you likely don’t like this option… I don’t blame you.

Each denomination is its own die.

one option is to create a die for your name/branding without a denomination. Apply that stamp to one side of every chip. Then use the standard denomination stamps on the other side.

This path will get you out the door only needing to buy one die… you likely don’t like this option… I don’t blame you.
Thanks for this!

The dies will look like these. Each denom will be made with whatever text you have around it.
7312E74C-5DE6-4FAE-ACFE-11D4AA5ECB83.jpeg

5C490E92-AB1C-4E94-AF9B-FB3700FEB389.jpeg

The dies will look like these. Each denom will be made with whatever text you have around it.
View attachment 758029
View attachment 758030
Sorry for the threadjack,
OMG! I think the mystery of the square on some hotstamp chips may have been solved!
Here’s a photo of the issue:
2A85F1D1-1365-48AE-9991-F5673D3008CA.jpeg

Those squares look oddly like the size of the square dies in your photo. I always felt that the square area looked “melted”. Could it be when the chips were hotstamped, the outer edge of the die was to hot or too close and made the mark?
There’s another thread from @DZPoker with the same issue here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/help-i-finally-found-some-black-starbursts-but.67162/

Sorry for the threadjack,
OMG! I think the mystery of the square on some hotstamp chips may have been solved!
Here’s a photo of the issue:
View attachment 758035
Those squares look oddly like the size of the square dies in your photo. I always felt that the square area looked “melted”. Could it be when the chips were hotstamped, the outer edge of the die was to hot or too close and made the mark?
There’s another thread from @DZPoker with the same issue here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/help-i-finally-found-some-black-starbursts-but.67162/
THAT MAY BE IT!

View attachment 758029
View attachment 758030
Thanks, this is really insightful. I supposed it was a multipart mold with them able to keep the outer ring the same and switch out the inner denom, but it looks like a single mold per denom.

Depth of knowledge here never ceases to amaze me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom