CPC Hot Stamp Forum Tourney Chip Designs (2 Viewers)

Mold and spot patterns to be determined first or second?

Discussed above.

The "Group Buy" is really only for the hotstamp design & die production, isn't it? The mold would likely have to be the same (or compatible), but couldn't we have multiple chip options (solids & spot combos) within the group buy? Maybe like a set of solids and say a set of 6A14s ;) (so long as both options meet the typical 300 chip minimum).

Woah baby! If this happens soon before I commit to the Rounders route I'm all about it. I love solids and hot stamps! I'd be in for 600-1000.

If someone organises a group buy (proper group buy where one person orders, takes delivery and distributes) for 15,000 solids then we will pay for the dies.

The 8 that was suggested (although I only make it 7 - T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, T25000 and no value). Maybe a T5 also.

Also, as a group buy, the die setup charges on the order would only be $100 total rather than $50 - $100 per person ordering. So if you had 20 people in on it we would be giving up $2000.

In. All the chips would have to be on the same mold though, right?

The "Group Buy" is really only for the hotstamp design & die production, isn't it? The mold would likely have to be the same (or compatible), but couldn't we have multiple chip options (solids & spot combos) within the group buy? Maybe like a set of solids and say a set of 6A14s ;) (so long as both options meet the typical 300 chip minimum).

y-u-no_o_1007825.jpg

My original GB comments were based on solids and on everyone having the same.
Otherwise we could end up with hundreds of die changes which is labor intensive and wastes a lot of chips each time.
So while I would accept spotted orders within the lot, they would have to priced at the regular custom pricing.

Agree on a name/design first.
Then try and agree on base colors.
A solid set and a spotted set might be possible if it is just one color combo.
Where the GB idea breaks down is when everyone wants something different.
I might not be around this weekend. Carry on without me. :)

Agree on a name/design first.
Then try and agree on base colors.
A solid set and a spotted set might be possible if it is just one color combo.
Where the GB idea breaks down is when everyone wants something different.
I might not be around this weekend. Carry on without me. :)
Will do. Thank you for your input.

Well we will have many items to consider which we can address one at a time. I will be putting out and interest thread to see if we even have enough that will participate. We all will need to realize that everyone has differing tastes and we all may not get everything we want but we should all agree that the finished product is a good product for the community. Also if we commit we will each need to commit before placing an order. In the thread that I will be putting together we will have a survey on names for the chips. I will put up a picture of what it is currently but please keep in mind we will only be able to use the A mold or Jockey mold if we use this hot stamp that David has shown us. So this will be another thing to take in to consideration. We will also all need to agree on colors which is going to be another great debate!
We all need to agree on the finished product and realize it is a joint effort. As David had said the breakdown to these is because not every one can agree on a finished product to go in to production with. That being said I am willing to help put this together because I think we can come up with a great product for the community but we will need to (cue Aerosmith) "Come Together" over these!

Going to go ahead and throw my color suggestions out there: DG green, gray, blurple, dg arc yellow, and this is where I draw a blank. dg pink, retro red or dg peacock for the 5k. Can't decide. In no way am I influenced by the WSOP secondaries =)

That's a better argument, but 11 cents is negligible when considering overall aesthetics here.

I get that, but inlaid weighted solids are currently outside my budget as it is. I need our exchange rates to improve dramatically otherwise. I would expect these to be close to that price if DG is used.

Currently what are the average weights of the DG and non DG chips

Barrel of unweighted chips (DG Peacock w/ DG Yellow spots): 5.8 oz = 8.2 grams per chip
Barrel of weighted chips (Canary w/ Black spots): 6.2 oz = 8.8 grams per chip

Rounding, call it 8 grams vs. 9 grams.

CPC-weights.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom