CPC Hot Stamp Forum Tourney Chip Designs (1 Viewer)

I think these were Paulson

dpgc_zpsb83a9037.jpg

I believe the Desert Palm mold was BCC. There were also a few other molds on BCC chips...two I know of are the Club / TwoFacePoker (@spikeithard has a set) and flame mold. Paulson was on the Suits mold, to my knowledge. It was attempted on the FDL mold at ASM, but didn't work. I would be hesitant to try hot-stamping on any mold that CPC doesn't recommend.

Source: http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/whats-the-story-behind-grand-cardroom-chips.85075/

Based on that thread, it looks like J5 did the artwork on some or all of the hotstamps. I don't know if anyone else (Josh at CT) is also an part owner.

It's a beautiful stamp. Still, it's been done. There were a number of other designs that came up when Apache attempted another solid Paulson run before GPI pulled out of the market. I can't find the thread on CT, though. :(

Last edited:
The Grand Cardroom artwork was used on four different BCC mold hot-stamp projects on at least five (maybe six) occasions using the TFP, flame, Desert Palms, and 50mm plain molds. Also produced twice on the Paulson card-pips mold.

Johnny5 did the excellent artwork, and (second-best) Josh from Indy owns the production rights (likely in conjunction with J5) and all of the various hot-stamp dies produced, after buying out partners MiandSh2000 and MarkC79 (of Royal Poker/Cardroom fame).

A lot of the original group buy threads were lost, as they were considered a commercial venture and the threads were pulled after the required temporary site sponsorship expired. Really stupid policy, considering that they contained priceless contributions by many members within, including developed ideas and final pr0n.

I love the stamp (and chips), but personally, I'd rather see something fresh for the current project.

These stamps would look great on the Jockey mold IMO. I picked up a stack of blank Jockeys for shuffling and they've quickly become one of my two favorite CPC molds (MD-50 the other obv).

I got these designed when Apache was considering a Paulson hot stamp run that unfortunately never panned out. Can't decide which of the available CPC molds to hotstamp would make the best fit.
View media item 4759

I got these designed when Apache was considering a Paulson hot stamp run that unfortunately never panned out. Can't decide which of the available CPC molds to hotstamp would make the best fit.
View media item 4759

Ok, I'd also pounce on a hot stamp set of these if it came to fruition...

Ticks all the hot stamp boxes for me - clean, uncluttered, stylish. Helps I've been to Havanna also mind you. And it helps more that the wife also came with me, and thus would be a little less pissed at another mountain of chips landing on the doorstep if she can also identify with them a bit...

Did I say I like that hot stamp?

Just a general comment for everyone mocking up designs. Make sure you have read all the info on this page including the Custom Die's para
http://classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/hotstamps.htm

The max stamping area varies from 5/8 - 7/8 inch diameter only (naturally the smaller size is for molds with a smaller 'ring'). Some of the proposed designs seem to have stamps up to 1-1/6 on them.

DISQ is not one of the molds available for H/S, and I think David said the mold was degrading at any rate. It's a shame cuz
I like some MD-50.

I didn't say it was particularly degrading further. It has a lot of faults which can't be improved so customers have to accept that. Hotstamping requires the surface to be stamped to be level within a couple of thou. DSQ just isn't good enough for that. Chips have to be far more consistent for stamping than they do for inlays.

I love the River Queen stamp. I'm in for a bunch if we could use it.

BUUUUT, last I knew of, Dambach owned it, personally. (I don't think it was the exact stamp shown above, but close enough.) We were going to use it for a GB right after ASM moved to Vegas, until he pulled the rug out with a huge price bump from what was previously agreed and then subsequently refused to do hotstamping at all. I think the only chips made with that stamp are (or were) in Michael's personal collection (not too sure if someone else may have used it previously though.) I do know that in the end, ASM-Vegas incarnation never ended up stamping anything for anybody

I love the River Queen stamp. I'm in for a bunch if we could use it.

BUUUUT, last I knew of, Dambach owned it, personally. (I don't think it was the exact stamp shown above, but close enough.) We were going to use it for a GB right after ASM moved to Vegas, until he pulled the rug out with a huge price bump from what was previously agreed and then subsequently refused to do hotstamping at all. I think the only chips made with that stamp are (or were) in Michael's personal collection (not too sure if someone else may have used it previously though.) I do know that in the end, ASM-Vegas incarnation never ended up stamping anything for anybody

I'm aware he owns the physical stamp, but not necessarily the rights to the design. We can't quite figure that out.

Yeah I have no idea where the design/stamp came from originally. Tagging @Racer96 as a likely suspect who might know more...

I know where it came from, but discussing it in public may damage the possibility of being able to use it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom