CPC Hot Stamp Forum Tourney Chip Designs (1 Viewer)

kmccormick100

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Since David officially announced CPC hot stamping has returned and that he would cover the die and setup costs for 15,000+ chips, I figured I'd start mocking up ideas. Please feel free to chime in a contribute any designs.

My idea for "The Forum" chips, in the style of Caesar's Palace.
image.jpeg

Since David officially announced CPC hot stamping has returned and that he would cover the die and setup costs for 15,000+ chips, I figured I'd start mocking up ideas. Please feel free to chime in a contribute any designs.

My idea for "The Forum" chips, in the style of Caesar's Palace.
View attachment 36752

Don't know what's going on but your chip colors are really bright.

I really like the hotstamp but I would enlarge the denom and leaf thingys and change "no cash value" to NCV and ditch "tournament.

Don't know what's going on but your chip colors are really bright.

I really like the hotstamp but I would enlarge the denom and leaf thingys and change "no cash value" to NCV and ditch "tournament.
Yeah they exported from illustrator super bright, no idea why haha. It felt busy to me to, I like your suggestions

These are my Crowning Hotstamp achievement in Stamping. These were my closest attempt at Replicating The Venetian Poker Room chips. Done on Paulson Web Molds.

Really like these. Anymore close up p0rn pics?

I can tell you this. Kinda like how Paulsons feel in the hand smooth, and perfect in every way. Is how they hot stamp aswell. They stamp like a dream. The image is so crisp and precise. Very little melting or smearing of the image. BCC chips were not as good to stamp yet better than anything else out there. When BCC went out of Business I got out of Hot Stamping because there was not an available chip on the market that I was happy with the quality of the hot stamp impression. After stamping these Paulsons nothing else came close.

So let me see if I understand how this works. CPC will need to create a custom die for each stamp right? So we would want to make something that can be ordered by a lot of people?

So let me see if I understand how this works. CPC will need to create a custom die for each stamp right? So we would want to make something that can be ordered by a lot of people?
Yep. They'll cover the cost of something like 8 separate dies if we order a group buy of 15k+ chips on those dies. They'd charge a flat setup fee for the lot vs ~$100 per order usually. Solids would be $.89 + $.14 for stamping plus whatever small percentage of the group setup fee, so probably $1.10/chip.

We just need a design we can get a group to order 15k worth of chips with.

Yep. They'll cover the cost of something like 8 separate dies if we order a group buy of 15k+ chips on those dies. They'd charge a flat setup fee for the lot vs ~$100 per order usually. Solids would be $.89 + $.14 for stamping plus whatever small percentage of the group setup fee, so probably $1.10/chip.

We just need a design we can get a group to order 15k worth of chips with.
1.10 a chip? I'll take like a million

I'm guessing we would need a hotstamp variant of the PCF logo/ceramic chip design (@Tommy) to really get the ball rolling on 15k+ chips. Or maybe a new set of GCR dies for CPC. Anyone talked to Indy Josh lately???

Couple more revised designs. I actually think I like "no cash value" spelled out, no tournament though

hot-stamp-NCV.jpg

hot-stamp-rd2.jpg

hot-stamprd2.2-.jpg

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the stamp, but drop the periods in NCV

Actually, I'd rather see the denomination spelled out instead of NCV

Drop the leaves and make the denominations larger.

And consider using blue or black stamps on the lighter chip colors.

Not a big fan of the stamp, but drop the periods in NCV

Actually, I'd rather see the denomination spelled out instead of NCV

Drop the leaves and make the denominations larger.

And consider using blue or black stamps on the lighter chip colors.
Haha, yeah I just added a spelled out "no cash value" I think it works a lot better. How would mixed stamp colors work in a set? I don't know that I've seen it.

There are a few custom hot-stamped sets that used different foil colors.

Given that CPC has six choices of foil color, I'd be inclined to use a different one for every denomination:

T25 - dg green chip, red foil
T100 - dg peacock, silver foil
T500 - dg lavender chip, gold foil
T1000 - dg saturn chip, green foil
T5000 - dg tiger chip, black foil
T25k - bright white chip, blue foil

hot-stamps.png

What about doing a new Grand Cardroom or championship poker hotstamp?

The preorders of the doomed ASM grand cardroom FDL group buy back in the day were huge, although the price was china-clay territory which was maybe a factor. I can't find a picture of the hot stamp design put forward though.

Yeah from memory that's it or close to it. Was that a sample or
independently stamped chip? And is that not the design that was put on the Paulson grand card rooms? All lost in the haze of time to me...

If there's to be a generic stamp IMO it can't be a Roman/Cuba/Egyptian/whatever theme, it has to be as classic as possible for wide enough appeal.

For what it's worth I'd be all over that design like white on rice, although I'm presuming the CPC hotstamps are for 7/8 inch template?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom