CPC HHR custom hot-stamped set - Vote (1 Viewer)

Which version?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A 1,000 serves a two-table tourney as T1,000 and a cash game as 10E (useful in a .25/.50 game with the 5s out of use).
It also serves the concept of winter (the other chips being autumn, summer, stone roofs and springtime).:)

Indeed, B is the most loyal to the whole concept (T5=Autumn, T25=Summer, T100=dark stone roofs, T500=Springtime, T1,000=Winter).
The detail I should have released earlier is that my current preferred (and standard, in the future, hopefully) felt is deep charcoal, which could make the T100 of the B version rather dull and lacking contrast in relation to the felt.

Has anybody matured? :p:p
If not, I 'll be looking for a new job to make the C version come true:D

I went with A for it's simplicity. Like your place over there, beauty in it's simplicity.

I really like all of the 500s designs, of all the chips theres something I don’t like about C100 the most.

I like C the least because if you’re going to have the same spots on every chip it feels like it should be something simpler where the color combos and HS can stand on their own.

Without a progression it feels like I’m stuck wavering on each chip in C where as the simple 312 let’s me consider each chip and move on. I have no clue if that made sense.

With that logic, I voted A because I like the colors more than B and D.

I voted D. Spots have a classic look that lends to the vintage looking stamp. C looks great but not really authentic. I’d also advise against the Saturn yellow, if that is what you used here. It looks terrible in person. It’s kind of transparent and will always appear to have a whitish line on its outer edge because of it. It’s also the issue with DG orange.
F5424EDE-D920-4343-8E8A-9806CDC16A7E.jpeg
B39D4841-E039-41A1-A3F2-A1CC498C801B.jpeg

Last edited:
On 90% of other molds, I would have probably voted C, but with the HHR mold and the specific hot-stamps here, I went with one of the 312s. I just feel the HHR mold lends itself best to more classic-looking lineups.

I voted D. Spots have a classic look that lends to the vintage looking stamp. C looks great but not really authentic. I’d also advise against the Saturn yellow, if that is what you used here. It looks terrible in person. It’s kind of transparent and will always appear to have a whitish line on its outer edge because of it. It’s also the issue with DG orange.View attachment 716747View attachment 716748
I don't think it's an issue with the DG Saturn as just edge spot.
I have the full CPC color sample and I know the Saturn is pretty greenish, like unripe lemon.
But this I think makes a nice match for a dark Retro Green base.

I don't think it's an issue with the DG Saturn as just edge spot.
I have the full CPC color sample and I know the Saturn is pretty greenish, like unripe lemon.
But this I think makes a nice match for a dark Retro Green base.
I’m using Saturn as a spot on one of my NCV chips and I’m pretty confident it will look great

For C lovers: Base color Green instead of Retro Green, resulting into spots of Dark Green and still the feared DG Saturn:).
Rationale: more weight and lighter base color, so the Horseheads get more visible.
Pesta 25 Green.png

A or B. I'd say B for sure if you change the spot color on the 100 to liven it up a little bit.

In my opinion (which is worth zero), C is the WRONG choice with this hotstamp. This hotstamp (which I absolutely love) screams for simplicity. @detroitdad is just wrong here. :)

I can't see how I can get away from His All 312thness, the @AK Chip 's vote.
Even he (he!) voted for 6D18 here:wow:

I mean, if you want an AS hotstamp set...buy one. :)
In purely "AS" terms (which is not the only consideration, but it is one):
This C version, albeit very expensive, would be clearly cheaper than the AS, tweaked to my absolute liking color-wise and breakdown-wise, and I won't have to beg, pray and wait.

For C lovers: Base color Green instead of Retro Green, resulting into spots of Dark Green and still the feared DG Saturn:).
Rationale: more weight and lighter base color, so the Horseheads get more visible.
View attachment 730063
Still no comments on this by C lovers.
They vote and leave, unlike staunch 312 believers:p

Nik, have you thought about using 4DS18 or 4DS316 instead? These are level 4, look pretty good to me and will cost 2/3 of the level 8 chips...

1625262594631.png

I 'm getting the love and I appreciate it enormously; you 're indeed a caring person Kuhan:hearts:
But, for pre-modern village purposes, it would have to be either 312 playing the simplistic card; or 6D18, the latter playing the equally traditionalist "seal / stamp" card.
:)
Needless to say I 've tried 3D14 too. Nothing is more powerful than 312 or 6D18.

My future: Poverty-stricken old gentleman showing off cases of poker chips to social workers trying to help. :)

Man, hot stamps just have this amazing look. Love that feel.

Random question - for CPC hot stamped customs, does the stamp change for each denomination? Or do you have everything besides the denomination as one stamp, then you ask them to stamp the denominations at the end?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom