CPC General discussion thread (9 Viewers)

THIS IS FOOKING BULLSHIT.
Screenshot_20240223-170938.png

I really fell in love with the E&C mold when I received my mold samples. They look amazing in person. I can't wait to see what you've come up with. So many cool possibilities with E&C

Every E&C I've seen PCF do has been pretty awesome. I just can't make myself like it enough to commit to a set. :unsure:

What’s the etiquette here? Do I start a design thread with the proof of concept and ask around who is interested, then collect the money beforehand? I am not looking to make a profit off of samples but if let’s say there are really 20 Degens that want one, for me it‘s a lot of money to cover at first.
I plan on ordering 10 extra per denom for myself anyways, so the second option would be to wait how many samples I could give away after checking for manufacturing defects etc and then auction a few select sample sets and give the money to charity or a good cause.

I don't (and historically haven't) offered samples, but I also haven't openly shared my design progress for least the last several sets so there hasn't been a demand one way or another.

That said, I typically order 10% more chips than necessary. I know there will be a couple % more in over-run from CPC (or ASM previously) and between those numbers (but I never rely on those), I'm able to cherry-pick a "perfect" sample set for my own archive, weed out the worst of the worst (which is usually close to zero from CPC or ASM), have sufficient spares to satisfy my own OCD and allow a few select requests for a sample set here and there.

My thinking has always been, channeling the inner pessimist that I try to suppress, that CPC could be gone tomorrow (please, don't let it ever happen). Any set I have built has been future-proofed from the day I ordered the chips, assuming loss and breakage.

Out of nearly 15,000 ASM and CPC customs I have ordered, and using this "rule", only one chip, a non-denom chip from my Lounge set that I could (but haven't yet) use for a bounty or rebuy chip has only one spare left after a sample set I constructed. It was a small order and the 10% was clearly not enough, but this one is a bit of an oddball.

+10% has been a reasonable number for me and in a case llike CPC's, relatively speaking, it's a small additional expense to ensure the longevity of a set. If there are a specific number added beyond what is "necessary" for pre-allocated sample sets, just make sure to add those on top of what you are already ordering, including that 10% buffer.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom