CPC General discussion thread (9 Viewers)

Contrary to what was mentioned earlier the inlays are not placed on the chips in the press, they are positioned and held in place by a tiny spot of glue earlier in the process.
Thanks for the insight view… and no, I won’t change my mind, I want these inlays to be non aligned :cool :tup:

Anyone know how to reset my password for the CPC Design Tool? It has been quite a while since I last used it, and I get this message when I try to log in:

1675399810439.png

So somehow my password got messed up. When I click the forgot your password link - it brings me here. Only login nickname I know is my email address. When I put that in, nothing happens except that Error: 0 message. No email comes in.

1675399751675.png

Anyone know how to reset my password for the CPC Design Tool? It has been quite a while since I last used it, and I get this message when I try to log in:

View attachment 1072236

So somehow my password got messed up. When I click the forgot your password link - it brings me here. Only login nickname I know is my email address. When I put that in, nothing happens except that Error: 0 message. No email comes in.

View attachment 1072234

I did not even know that password could be used on the design tool.
I thought the sets were saved as cookies.

you have a space in your username/password. If you had it auto populate, or copy/pasted, it added a space before/after. Just type it all in

View attachment 1072236

View attachment 1072234
I forgot my password and I ended up emailing David and he was able to help me out.

Hmmm... It won't let me save sets right now. Or I forgot how to do it...
Figured it out.
Thanks. That button wasn't the issue. What is not self evident from using this ap is how to add additional chips to the set. Clicking "Save Set" only saves the one design that is visible in the work space. After that, the user need to create a second design, then click on the chip in the workspace. This will bring up a window to let you add another chip design to the set. I had to read the instructions in the Help menu about 5 times before it finally sunk in what to do. Might have been because it was 1:30 AM... :rolleyes:

you have a space in your username/password. If you had it auto populate, or copy/pasted, it added a space before/after. Just type it all in
Was this directed to me? I didn't show my username when I made the screen grab. Intentionally.

I forgot my password and I ended up emailing David and he was able to help me out.
Thanks! I'll try this. I know I have a bunch of old saved sets, so would like to recover them if possible.

BTW, if anyone cares, this is what I came up with last night as a first draft for a new set I'm considering.

Top row: nickel, quarter, and two variations of $1.
Bottom row: $5, $20, $100, $500.

Is this the correct thread to post design ideas for feedback, or should I just create my own new thread?

CPC custom set 2023 02 03.png

BTW, if anyone cares, this is what I came up with last night as a first draft for a new set I'm considering.

Is this the correct thread to post design ideas for feedback, or should I just create my own new thread?

View attachment 1072681
This is the thread you're looking for: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/post-mockups-for-fun-science.8283/

Like the pink/blue 1/4 pie and my eyes were immediately drawn to the red 3d14. Good luck on the design journey - I did up close to 70 mock-ups before landing on the final design for my latest CPC set (and never mind how many proofs for the inlay art I went through. All I'll say is, J5 is a saint!)

This is the thread you're looking for: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/post-mockups-for-fun-science.8283/

Like the pink/blue 1/4 pie and my eyes were immediately drawn to the red 3d14. Good luck on the design journey - I did up close to 70 mock-ups before landing on the final design for my latest CPC set (and never mind how many proofs for the inlay art I went through. All I'll say is, J5 is a saint!)
Thanks! Yes, John is doing my inlay design as well. We started on it close to a year ago... :rolleyes: It's always been planned for a THC relabel set, but I'm just having too hard a time finding the chips I want that all play well together. So now I'm thinking "screw it." Just do a CPC set and have exactly what I want with all barrels matching heights. Except not leaded :cry:

So now I'm thinking "screw it." Just do a CPC set and have exactly what I want with all barrels matching heights. Except not leaded :cry:

Relabel Paulson is doable. If you limit yourself to solids maybe. Some solid colors are even very expensive.

For a cash set and if you want a progression with the spots, going with CPC is the way to go imho.

Nice spot progression btw !

View attachment 1072681
I have a feeling you’ll have dirty stack issues with that quarter and either $1 at this point.
A26EA434-A517-432A-9207-9A04A85226D5.jpeg
605D2502-ABC0-4634-ADCE-F7555A3B3BE4.jpeg

View attachment 1072681

Make a thread, get samples and take your time - what you have here is the first in what will be lots and lots of iterations before you get to something worth hitting the buy button on.

Hmmm... I'm not seeing it. Especially not with the lighter grey. Really not with either.
David, I should have my CPC set mostly wrapped up in the earlier part of March if you want to borrow my color sample afterwards. It's an essential piece when putting together a CPC set; the colors in the software are not reliable to go off of. @chipinla has made several different sets with them, so he's probably seen more color combos in person than most.

David, I should have my CPC set mostly wrapped up in the earlier part of March if you want to borrow my color sample afterwards. It's an essential piece when putting together a CPC set; the colors in the software are not reliable to go off of. @chipinla has made several different sets with them, so he's probably seen more color combos in person than most.
I’m certainly not a pro but when someone asks for feedback I’ll try and give the best I can. I just feel that in this set the 25¢ and $1 are going to be workhorses so I would make those 2 contrast as much as possible. And I’ll keep my mouth shut for now on the $100 and $500… @TX_Golf_N_Poker Also change the chip design tool background color to one of the greys. Easier on the eyes than that weird green.

You should build your own thread.

This is more geared toward general discussion, and is useful information for someone buying a set of CPCs.
Per the OP: "Use this thread if you want to ask or debate specific CPC marketplace related things to keep them in the right forum. If an item is likely to warrant its own thread, email me to start it for you."

Your own thread is the key place to go for feedback and "ooos and ahhhs".

Last edited:
You should build your own thread.

This is more geared toward general discussion, and is useful information for someone buying a set of CPCs.
Per the OP: "Use this thread if you want to ask or debate specific CPC marketplace related things to keep them in the right forum. If an item is likely to warrant its own thread, email me to start it for you."

The thread " https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/post-mockups-for-fun-science.8283/" is for mock-ups of completed designs.

Your own thread is the key place to go for feedback and "ooos and ahhhs".
Agreed! No more comments here on my set. Please go to this post:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/post-mockups-for-fun-science.8283/post-2087570

Someone posted this a while back. While it’s not ideal since everyone’s screens on phone and computer will be different, I found it pretty helpful. Maybe you or someone with a CPC color sample could take a better pic with better lighting?
6D2CF0FA-1C3F-41BB-B2EC-9173F75ACE8F.jpeg

Someone posted this a while back. While it’s not ideal since everyone’s screens on phone and computer will be different, I found it pretty helpful. Maybe you or someone with a CPC color sample could take a better pic with better lighting?
View attachment 1072859
A lot of these colours look very different in this scan compared to what they are in hand.
5F1139D0-23EA-479A-A31D-E5F7463EA6FF.jpeg

The dg colours don’t look right in any photo - they look much better in hand. And the reds all look brighter in the scan. Having a colour sample is really essential!

Another issue is the mold. A mold tends to leave a matte finish that can make chips look darker. Scrown leaves a shinier finish which can make chips look brighter. I find it best to get samples (perhaps of other people's customs) in the mold you want so you can see how the colours look.

A lot of these colours look very different in this scan compared to what they are in hand.
View attachment 1072919

The dg colours don’t look right in any photo - they look much better in hand. And the reds all look brighter in the scan. Having a colour sample is really essential!

Another issue is the mold. A mold tends to leave a matte finish that can make chips look darker. Scrown leaves a shinier finish which can make chips look brighter. I find it best to get samples (perhaps of other people's customs) in the mold you want so you can see how the colours look.
Agreed that a sample in hand is the best but a well taken picture is a great start to give someone an idea

You should really create your own thread as previously mentioned. The thread you're using above is not really meant for custom design feedback... it's really more a shits n giggles thread. If everyone used this for custom design feedback it would be a nightmare to keep track of feedback for your own set.

Question for those of you who have added on to existing sets. How's the consistency of colors from two different production runs? If I'm buying a forever set, should I get all the chips I possibly think I might need, or is it OK to just get about what I need right now and in the near future, then add on later if my games grow?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom