CPC Fam Colors - Slow roll designing… (1 Viewer)

louBdub

Full House
Reaction score
FINAL EDIT:
Flags are horrible things to design chips around. No fun. I’m no longer going down this path…. Because it’s stupid. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

EDIT for consolidation, and input from the PCF universe (you guys rock):
——————————————
Hi everyone, I wanted to post these up and see what the pros think. This will be my first shot at a custom CPC set, and I need y’all’s opinion before I burn a gazillion dollars on this. This is in its infancy stage so far…….

Design theme to include:

• My last name starts with a B, so that sorts the mold.

• My wife is Guyanese, Im a Cuban mutt (flags)

• Our daughters are beautiful Caribbean girls, and one white/gray baby girl pup

• We live in Opelika AL

So…. Let me know what y’all think!

-DESIGN SO FAR-

My daughters: 25c frac
Pink stripe for the girls, plus favorite color on each side

Cuban Flag: $1
Red/White/Blue

Opelika AL: $5
Red/Black/White are the school and city colors

Guyanese Flag: $20
Flag colors, plus a mango mango hit

Color Wheel including our pups gray spot: $100

E6E889A8-F66C-4436-9004-3120242EFA67.png

Inlay design is TBD…

http://pokerchipdesigntool.com/?imp_sets=J3HYA5e9

Attachments

• C1561B74-6258-48E3-9E72-1A30BE431BD2.jpeg
    C1561B74-6258-48E3-9E72-1A30BE431BD2.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 40E63B6D-15A2-4426-97BA-E7AE59A477A5.jpeg
    40E63B6D-15A2-4426-97BA-E7AE59A477A5.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 79BD8840-596A-47B6-BDC1-EDF12F8C2206.jpeg
    79BD8840-596A-47B6-BDC1-EDF12F8C2206.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
In regards to B mold you might reach out to David since it’s going to be running in the next few months. I’m sure you still have time but you might want to check and see when the cutoff to order is.
As you state you’re in the infancy stage, I would intentionally skip this round; don’t rush to get your order in. Use the time to really make sure your design is perfect. Plus… inlay design can be hard.

As you state you’re in the infancy stage, I would intentionally skip this round; don’t rush to get your order in. Use the time to really make sure your design is perfect. Plus… inlay design can be hard.
Tough call. Rush it and not have a huge wait, maybe 4 months or so.

Or wait and from this point you’re looking at most likely 1.5 years.

Tough call. Rush it and not have a huge wait, maybe 4 months or so.

Or wait and from this point you’re looking at most likely 1.5 years.
Yeah… I rushed on my H-molds and am super happy. I also rushed on my lcrowns and wish I had waited. My thought is better wait than regret the expensive express order.

Funny thing, 2+ years on, I still haven’t used my first CPC order in a game yet! Second micro set, yes. My B&G limit set, yes. But not my first CPC cash set. And both that mold and the B mold have run again in that time…

There are cheaper option sets out there (Tina cards mold in particular, or my free super diamonds) as well as some other sets that could be re-sold to cover the gap.

Just something to consider.

In regards to B mold you might reach out to David since it’s going to be running in the next few months. I’m sure you still have time but you might want to check and see when the cutoff to order is.
Not in a hurry, this is my retirement gift to myself for 2024.
And some high levels- you aware of the cost/chip on those?
Not to sound boujee……. But I wanna, so I’m gonna…. Cost is of no concern here. :LOL: :laugh:
Also, I personally think there’s way too much going on with the $20 and $100. Most of the time, less is more IMO.
Good advice, I will chew on the design and try to dial it down, and be more exact with less
Definitely slow rolling, inlay will be in the coming months. I’m research artists

Hi everyone, I wanted to post these up and see what the pros think. This will be my first shot at a custom CPC set, and I need y’all’s opinion before I burn a gazillion dollars on this. This is in its infancy stage so far…….

Design theme:

• My last name starts with a B, so that sorts the mold.

• My wife is Guyanese, Im a Cuban mutt

• Our daughters are beautiful Caribbean girls

• We live in Opelika AL and my girls attend Opelika middle & HS (School letter below)

So…. Let me know what y’all think!

Alabama Flag .25c frac
View attachment 907076View attachment 907077

Cuban Flag $1
View attachment 907078View attachment 907079

Opelika AL $5
View attachment 907080
View attachment 907081

Guyanese Flag $20
View attachment 907082View attachment 907083

All Color’s Hundo $100
View attachment 907084
View attachment 907090View attachment 907091
Love what you’re doing and some fantastic chips. As someone else said, that’s a lot of red, though.

Just curious, do you know how to save all of the chips together in a row? Sometimes help with vision of the set
(Edit, I apparently thought I did, but I was being techtarded…. Thx for the help @chipinla)

I do, I’m just fling flangin on my phone real quick in brainstorming mode. I’ll save the set this week and bundle pic them from the CPC builder.

Last edited:
Great personal theme your set!

The new "less is more" approach is much better IMO, but to be fair I'm biased as I'm a bit of a minimalist.

Have you thought about edge spot progression too?

For the quarter 4A14 isn't my cup of tea, and you're potentially limiting spot choices to align with flag patterns. My preference would be 414, or even 212 if you want progression. Same with the dollar.

Some quick thoughts:

Perhaps a darker blue for a closer match to the blue in the flag.

Someone mentioned there's alot of red. Perhaps use a different red for each. Not sure how many shades of red there are in CPCs color palette.

Great personal theme your set!

The new "less is more" approach is much better IMO, but to be fair I'm biased as I'm a bit of a minimalist.

Have you thought about edge spot progression too?

For the quarter 4A14 isn't my cup of tea, and you're potentially limiting spot choices to align with flag patterns. My preference would be 414, or even 212 if you want progression. Same with the dollar.

Some quick thoughts:

Perhaps a darker blue for a closer match to the blue in the flag.

Someone mentioned there's alot of red. Perhaps use a different red for each. Not sure how many shades of red there are in CPCs color palette.
E9250AC1-DB16-41D0-97E9-11D45E41A2A0.png

8F4702C2-0412-48ED-B915-91CD96A1BF6B.png

7AB50B59-46A7-4364-8075-67AA9FD9B045.png

Adjusted, with different color inlays as well. Keep the help comin! Thx!!!

Last edited:
Something you might play around with is using different colored inlays on each chip. Maybe a gradient. That way you could use a 3rd color for that so you don’t have a lot of repeating colors. Different colored inlays can work if done properly. I have a CPC set with different colored gradients and looks awesome.
B9F017FC-4A34-4040-BD4A-B634104E7E10.jpeg
02445619-2FC0-4574-A986-D0E2B1FDDA9F.jpeg

Something you might play around with is using different colored inlays on each chip. Maybe a gradient. That way you could use a 3rd color for that so you don’t have a lot of repeating colors. Different colored inlays can work if done properly. I have a CPC set with different colored gradients and looks awesome.
26547CCD-0484-4ED3-BA74-7CEB2128741B.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom