CPC disappointment (1 Viewer)

Sending out anything less than your best as a sample is a HUGE mistake, IMO.
You are absolutely right, but who said that the samples consist of something other than regular chips? I'm more than sure that they take them from the regular batch and send them. A person receives as a sample what he will later receive as a set. No more, no less. I'm sure CPC has quality control. His chips passed. What else is needed? Otherwise, you need time and an additional employee who would look for the best chips available. Chips that haven't passed quality control probably look completely different. In the first post there is only one chip where the insert is slightly displaced, the rest are perfect. But is it defective? Probably bad for a sample, it can be intimidating, but definitely ok for a full set.

Personally, I've never received a chip from ASM/CPC that looked the least bit weird.

When I read the OP, I immediately thought your samples may have come from a run of the chips in 2013, when a former owner of ASM was briefly in sole control of the company before it sold to Classic Poker Chips. He was known for sending chips out to customers that his partner had pulled due to these issues. Many people here know who I'm talking about.

All told, I've received almost 80,000 Key West chips from the various derivations of ASM or Classic Poker Chips, so I'm familiar with chips from all the versions of the company.

I can only speak of my experience. Since Classic Poker chips opened in March, 2014,:
  • I placed 13 orders for a total of 57,440 chips
  • I received 58,376 chips, a difference of 936 chips over the 13 orders, or 1.6 percent extra
  • The rate of "flawed" chips was consistently 1 percent or less.
  • I'm awaiting my 14th order, any day now.
I'm very sure Classic's quality control compares to "Old ASM" prior to the 2013 sale of the company, when their quality was legendary.

When Classic opened, they had the option to continue trading under the ASM name. They chose to change the name to Classic Poker Chips to avoid any connection to the bad chips being pushed out for about 12 months by ASM Las Vegas's last owner.

Have we established at all that Classic sends "flawed" chips out as samples? That doesn't sound right to me, so I tend to doubt it.

Last edited:
When I read the OP, I immediately thought your samples may have come from a run of the chips in 2013, when a former owner of ASM was briefly in sole control of the company before it sold to Classic Poker Chips. He was known for sending chips out to customers that his partner had pulled due to these issues. Many people here know who I'm talking about.

All told, I've received almost 80,000 Key West chips from the various derivations of ASM or Classic Poker Chips, so I'm familiar with chips from all the versions of the company.

I can only speak of my experience. Since Classic Poker chips opened in March, 2014,:
  • I received 58,376 chips, a difference of 936 chips over the 13 orders, or 1.6 percent extra
I'm very sure Classic's quality control compares to "Old ASM" prior to the 2013 sale of the company, when their quality was legendary.

When Classic opened, they had the option to continue trading under the ASM name. They chose to change the name to Classic Poker Chips to avoid any connection to the bad chips being pushed out for about 12 months by ASM Las Vegas's last owner.

Have we established at all that Classic sends "flawed" chips out as samples? That doesn't sound right to me, so I tend to doubt it.
80.000???????????? o_O
Am I the only one who wants to see this?

These high end clay chips will not all be perfect, but they won’t be far off from that. If you don’t like that, they aren’t for you.

From the owner...

What I actually said is that you might get the odd sample not 'up to scratch'. Most samples are certainly not made from rejects (as suggested elsewhere), from extra/spare slugs maybe, but not rejects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom