• 2. T100: Light Blue/Butterscotch, T1000: Dayglo Green/Mandarin Red

• 3. T100: Light Blue/Butterscotch, T1000: Light Green/Mandarin Red

• 4. T100: Light Blue/Light Chocolate, T1000: Light Green/Mandarin Red

Results are only viewable after voting.

PocketAces

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Just sold a couple of things recently and I am thinking of using the newly found capital to add a tourney set to my exisiting cash sets. And I guess that if I am going to own only one tourney set, it is going to be a WSOP Rio tribute.

So I looked around and saw what @Seeking Alpha Social Club managed to put together (I will not pretend it wasn't a source of inspiration, the set is phenomenal :jawdrop: ) and now I am convinced this should be (one of) my next project(s). I am using this picture, which I have found here on PCF somewhere, as a reference -it is my favourite version.

WSOP originals.jpg

Going for 39mm, on the A-mold (cheaper, and will be "Aces" chips) and 4DSA18 because it is close enough and it allows me to keep budget under control.

Trying to be true to the originals with a twist here and there. Now the only thing I am hesitating with is the edge spots combinations for the T100 and T1000. Small differences, but can't decide. So what do you think? Please vote!

(what's changing from one picture to the other are the edge spots on T100 and T1000)

1. T100: Gray/Light Blue/Light Chocolate, T1000: Dayglo Arc Yellow/Dayglo Green/Mandarin Red
WSOP set - FINAL Black:Lavender LBlue:LChocolate DaygloGreen:Mandarin Red.png

2. T100: Gray/Light Blue/Butterscotch, T1000: Dayglo Arc Yellow/Dayglo Green/Mandarin Red
WSOP set - FINAL 3 Black:Lavender ButterS:LBlue DaygloGreen:Mandarin Red.png

3. T100: Gray/Light Blue/Butterscotch, T1000: Dayglo Arc Yellow/Light Green/Mandarin Red
WSOP set - FINAL 4 Black:Lavender ButterS:LBlue LightG:MandarinRed.png

4. T100: Gray/Light Blue/Light Chocolate, T1000: Dayglo Arc Yellow/Light Green/Mandarin Red
WSOP set - FINAL 5 Black Lavender LBlue LChocolate LGreen Mandarin Red.png

And two final questions: Light Blue on Gray and Dayglo Peaach on Pink - is there enough contrast? Thoughts on using Maroon with the lavender edge spot on the T25?

Disclaimer: I do not own a CPC color sample set

Last edited:
Nice idea. The original color of the 25 might be closer to DG Saturn. I know it is detested by some. Light blue on Gray and DG Peach on DG Pink is on the minimum. Light blue is rather gray-ish and the contrast would be low. It would work better in the original pattern as this would be more symmetrical. The same goes for the other combibation. Peach is better than Tiger though. You should definitely get a color sample.

I prefer the 618-spotted FDLs:

full

full

Sweet looking set! You went for 1inch inlays?
I see you went for imperial blue and light chocolate for the t100 which was my original choice. Looks great!

I remember looking at 618 originally only to be scared by the price but I’ll check again I don’t have the numbers on top of my head.

I’ve mocked this set a few times myself. With a color set, I believe this was the closest?
View attachment 523487
Alternate $5k as a bounty chip.

The T25 has a grape spot which is really dark. I thought black would have been better option with the lavender once I got them.

The T25 has a grape spot which is really dark. I thought black would have been better option with the lavender once I got them.

thanks @Tommy. In your experience how close can I get to the original inlay design? I’m referring specifically to the used of any words present in “World series of Poker”. I can’t find my alternatives except the use of “Tournament” which I now see has been used :D

Last edited:
I'd make a few changes:
- either go Saturn for the T25 base (not ideal) or expand upward for a T100 base (use BB antes) and add the 25k chip which is much more achievable with CPC palate
- Use light chocolate for the T100 spot
- Change the Tiger spot on the T500 to Peach
- Change the DG Green spot on the 1k to Retro or Dark Green
- Change the 5K peach spot to Tiger or std Pink

I've mocked this set so many times, but wouldn't be satisfied unless I went 618 spots, and the price is a deterrent

I'd make a few changes:
- either go Saturn for the T25 base (not ideal) or expand upward for a T100 base (use BB antes) and add the 25k chip which is much more achievable with CPC palate

I've mocked this set so many times, but wouldn't be satisfied unless I went 618 spots, and the price is a deterrent

Which level is 618 ?

Which level is 618 ?

Level « crazy expensive » :bag: Level 9 I think.

Good thing I ordered the sample (@Chipenhagen good shout) because I am genuinely confused by the different shades of green and red! Any help would be appreciated :tup:

Can one of you confirm the colors I have picked up in the middle row here (where I have added a chip on top)?

C48756C2-5B44-40C2-BBA0-341CB10BDEE4.jpeg

This is what I think I have picked - please correct me if I am wrong:
T25: Dayglo Green, Black/Lavender
T100: Gray, Light Blue/Light Chocolate
T500: Burple, Dayglo Tiger/Dayglo Peacock
T1000: Dayglo Arc Yellow, Green/Retro red
T5000: Dayglo Pink, Dayglo Peach/ Bright White

which comes out like this:
Aces Showdown - Test 1.png

But then which one is mandarin red?
Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Level « crazy expensive » :bag: Level 9 I think.

Good thing I ordered the sample (@Chipenhagen good shout) because I am genuinely confused by the different shades of green and red! Any help would be appreciated :tup:

Can one of you confirm the colors I have picked up in the middle row here (where I have added a chip on top)?

View attachment 526336

This is what I think I have picked - please correct me if I am wrong:
T25: Dayglo Green, Black/Lavender
T100: Gray, Light Blue/Light Chocolate
T500: Burple, Dayglo Tiger/Dayglo Peacock
T1000: Dayglo Arc Yellow, Green/Retro red
T5000: Dayglo Pink, Dayglo Peach/ Bright White

which comes out like this:
View attachment 526363

But then which one is mandarin red?
Thanks guys!
Dayglo and retro colors have no brass flakes (most visible on the rolling edges). Of the two weighted reds, mandarin is the lighter one.

I'd make a few changes:

Some good suggestions, thank you!

I am going to keep the T25 as it is - think it works great.
Light Chocolate on T100 works better, agree with you now that I have seen the real thing.
I tried the Dayglo Tiger on the T5k - not enough contrast in my opinion (both too bright). The std pink is closer to the real thing but I don’t know, I actually prefer peach here. Meaning I won’t change the T500 which I really like that way too.
Now on the T1k - not sure. But I like the combination of retro red and green.
Overall I think this set looks awesome - I’m getting closer to pulling the trigger :D

did you consider imperial blue on the 100 instead of light blue? gray and light blue are really close in color to my eyes.

did you consider imperial blue on the 100 instead of light blue? gray and light blue are really close in color to my eyes.

I did, I hesitated to be honest. But I went with light blue in the end. Had the same hesitation with Dayglo Peach on Pink. surprisingly there is enough contrast to make it work. But I guess I will find out when I get the set!

I went with this line up in the end:
54F84880-5F78-41C4-A149-CD9C16AA379F.png

This picture here was taken in the evening so the colors don’t pop as much as they actually do but you can see the line up I went for (middle row)

F60A3B7A-44F1-4899-930A-7354E3813498.jpeg

4DSA18 across the board which is L4.

I initially wanted 6A18 (L9) but to keep costs under control, and because I honestly think it’s a great looking spot pattern, went for the cheaper option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom