Covid Stimulus (4 Viewers)

davin

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Ok no joke the money finally hit the accounts hbu folks

nope, not getting it.

But I hope for the general public's well being, everyone gets their money quickly.

People are hurting out there and it's not going to get better very soon.

I'm afraid things financially are going to get ugly, very very ugly for a lot of folks. I'm hoping I continue to dodge bullets.

Last edited:
I totally wanted to start a thread for this as I’m still waiting for mine and plan on doing some more chipping when it arrives. Glad I searched first before inadvertently attempting to steal someone else’s thunder. (Though no thread of this particular topic this could ever reach the quality of your previous on April 1st, lmao!)

As I said I’m still waiting on mine, and while this stimulus check seems more like the virus, everyone knows someone who got it but not yourself, I plan on using part of it for adding to my chip collection, mostly my shuffle stack collection.

I’m curious how many others here are willing to admit that they will be buying chips once they receive it and, if willing to share ahead of time, what chips they might be after?

My wife said I should use some of our to buy a new iPhone :eek:

I’m a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to cell phones and she loves getting new phones so I always take her old one. So my phone is always at least 2-4 years old and having battery life issues. Which isn’t to much of an issue since I am at my desk during the day most of the time and can have it plugged in as needed.

I hate spending $800+ on a phone though.

My wife said I should use some of our to buy a new iPhone :eek:

I’m a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to cell phones and she loves getting new phones so I always take her old one. So my phone is always at least 2-4 years old and having battery life issues. Which isn’t to much of an issue since I am at my desk during the day most of the time and can have it plugged in as needed.

I hate spending $800+ on a phone though.
If your not against Android, Grab a oneplus7T... The 8s are about to come out and it will make them drop, and it's a flagship phone and about half that price.

But if you love iPhone, I got nothin. Haha

Mine is showing pending as well. My wife and I are both fortunate enough to still have a job. We’ll probably be saving the majority and using the rest to help out in some way those who are hurting. Sorry to disappoint, but no chipping will come of these funds...I’ve been in sell mode recently and have a separate chip fund in case something pops up that I like. Now more than ever is a time to be prudent with your cash.

If your not against Android, Grab a oneplus7T... The 8s are about to come out and it will make them drop, and it's a flagship phone and about half that price.

But if you love iPhone, I got nothin. Haha

I had android before and liked it, problem is now we are an “apple” family. Both have iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks that are all linked and iCloud storages etc. I would dread thinking about switching everything I have stored to a new system.

I had android before and liked it, problem is now we are an “apple” family. Both have iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks that are all linked and iCloud storages etc. I would dread thinking about switching everything I have stored to a new system.
Get it. No worries my friend. I have adored the switch, but I totally get how horrid that pain is sometimes.

Actually, I did splurge on a 55” smart tv that should be arriving on Friday. It was less than $500. Both of the tv’s we have now are almost 10 years old and not “smart.” We just got WiFi, taking advantage of the free 2 months for distance learning. No more using our hot spots and a lightning to hdmi adapter to stream content, lol.

Actually, I did splurge on a 55” smart tv that should be arriving on Friday. It was less than $500. Both of the tv’s we have now are almost 10 years old and not “smart.” We just got WiFi, taking advantage of the free 2 months for distance learning. No more using our hot spots and a lightning to hdmi adapter to stream content, lol.
Jesus Christ you were a caveman.

Mine is coming by mail, so I'm going to be waiting a while. I'm still working from home but the wife's barbershop is shut down so the money will be needed to partially pay for the business expenses we are still incurring.

Don't have mine yet but when it comes I was thinking about the Shuffle Tech ST-1000. Somebody try to sell me on it if it is good, or stop me if it is bad

Our stimulus checks will be spent in full at local small businesses in my partner's home town back in upstate NY.

Tech companies and large corporations - especially those who have seen business remain stable or increase during the shutdown - and our savings accounts will not be seeing a dime of our stimulus money.

Uh. I'm the same. I don't even know what a smart TV is. Lol

Oh, and if it's the wifi thing, I bought my first router 7 months ago. Took me like 3 hours to figure that bastard out....
Boise won't get smart TVs for another 3 years. If you've seen Napoleon Dynamite, you understand.

Uh. I'm the same. I don't even know what a smart TV is. Lol

Oh, and if it's the wifi thing, I bought my first router 7 months ago. Took me like 3 hours to figure that bastard out....
We’ve been living in our house for 10 years. Prior owners were the original owners from 1956. It had never even been wired for cable (coax connection needed for WiFi). Spectrum worker had to come and run a line from the utility pole, lol.

Our stimulus checks will be spent in full at local small businesses in my partner's home town back in upstate NY.

Tech companies and large corporations - especially those who have seen business remain stable or increase during the shutdown - and our savings accounts will not be seeing a dime of our stimulus money.

That is great! We have been ordering take out from lots of local places during this. And tipping much bigger than normal. We haven’t been hurt financially by this so we are trying our best to help those that are.

I make too much to be getting anything meaningful. We may be getting a bit for my son, but nothing substantial.

Probably will save it for a rainy day or invest some in the local community businesses.

@cascadiapoker I have watch every video on the internet on this - some show them working, some show them dying. Half of people say customer service sucks, half of them never needed service. I need people here to tip the scales one way or another for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom