Coming Soon!!! (9 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got pics in upright stacks? How prominent are the differences in play? And which size is 'normal' when compared to other chips -- the larger size or the smaller size? Were the sizes mixed in the factory wrappers?

I foresee a WTT thread where people can swap out chips to get uniform sets.

I transferred my chips from the wrappers directly to the racks. So, in my case, the sizes were mixed from the factory. I'll post pictures of the chips stacked a little later.

Damn! Eagerly watching how this turns out. I can't imagine a set of these without the black chips ( whether as a hundo or custom denom). It's a great looking chip besides the diameter issues.

Every china chip will have some sort of problem. Absolutely nothing we can do about it. If i mention this to china they will say it will be fixed. When you get the reorder it may or may not be fixed.
Overall i feel these are the best of all the china made chips. In my opinion this is a minor flaw. Even when i was selling paulson many of you guys complained about them being warped and asked me to tell paulson to make them better. The tr king deadwoods also had different diameter sizes.
If this is the only flaw reported than we should all be happy. Bottom line is these are great chips.

Last edited:
Got pics in upright stacks? How prominent are the differences in play? And which size is 'normal' when compared to other chips -- the larger size or the smaller size? Were the sizes mixed in the factory wrappers?

Best as I can tell, the correct chips are the larger ones. The actual problem is that the smaller chips aren't just slightly smaller, but also oblong. I can line them up in a barrel shortest to tallest ( the tallest are pretty much uniform), but when I rotate the short ones in the barrel, suddenly the ones at the front of the barrel are now taller than some of the other "short" ones.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Now that I think about it, it seems that I've seen this issue on some of the CPS chips, as well. Maybe to a lesser degree but definitely there.

Pic of stacked hundreds...
Can we get a couple of stacks of 'normal' chips in the same photo next to those two?

Every china chip will have some sort of problem... In my opionion this is a minor flaw...
Bottom line is these are great chips.

I tend to agree with this.

At this point I've seen enough compression clay chips to say that every manufacturer has its issues. Paulson with its mixed THC molds (and Josh says people complained about Paulsons being misshapen too???), BCC with its inlays and stretch marks, CPC with its wrong/missing spots, CPS and Milanos with chip height, and Majestics with diameter. At some point we have to be accepting of these flaws.

Like I said earlier, if "fixed" chips are offered then I'll take them, but I'm not seeking a replacement or refund. I feel I got my money's worth with these chips and wouldn't hesitate to use them in a tournament with my locals.

Every china chip will have some sort of problem. Absolutely nothing we can do about it. If i mention this to china they will say it will be fixed. When you get the reorder it may or may not be fixed.
Overall i feel these are the best of all the china made chips. In my opinion this is a minor flaw. Even when i was selling paulson many of you guys complained about them being warped and asked me to tell paulson to make them better. The tr king deadwoods also had different diameter sizes.
Bottom line is these are great chips.

Josh,

I agree with most of what you have said and understand the inherent issues in dealing with a vendor. I purchased some of your last inventory of the Paulson PCR's and in reading forums like this, I understood the issues that came with that purchase. At least with the Paulson chips there was a work around (which I used with great success).

To some this may be a minor flaw to others it may be a major flaw. To me its a flaw that taints the overall experience of the chips. Overall I still like the chips and greatly appreciate what you have been able to deliver to this group. But, as I have stated in an earlier response, I am less excited about them because of it. Just my opinion.

I tend to agree with this.

At this point I've seen enough compression clay chips to say that every manufacturer has its issues. Paulson with its mixed THC molds (and Josh says people complained about Paulsons being misshapen too???), BCC with its inlays and stretch marks, CPC with its wrong/missing spots, CPS and Milanos with chip height, and Majestics with diameter. At some point we have to be accepting of these flaws.

Like I said earlier, if "fixed" chips are offered then I'll take them, but I'm not seeking a replacement or refund. I feel I got my money's worth with these chips and wouldn't hesitate to use them in a tournament with my locals.

Agreed. I too am not seeking a refund or replacement and I will also use them in my games as well. Hopefully with discussions like this, the process of designing and manufacturing China Clays can improve and flaws like these can be eliminated because of better QC and knowing what to look for.

I'd call it a minor flaw as well. Just messing with them a bit and while cutting stacks, I would occasionally "miss" a chip, knocking it off the bottom stack or dropping it from the top stack. It you are one of those players that raises by grabbing a barrel and dropping off a few chips from the bottom and bringing the rest back in, this may result is a slightly larger than intended raise.

Mathematically, not a big deal if you have a whole barrel and the raise is 1/20th more than intended.

The biggest deal would be pr0n. To get a straight looking stack, you have to lay them all on a hard surface, and turn the "flat" side toward the camera. Then re-arrange every time you change the camera angle.

Well, I just let go of my nice CPS set to fund a purchase of these chips. I did so under the pretense that these chips were much better than the CPS chips in texture and beveling, two issues that I did not like with the CPS chips. All the reviews on the majestics were stellar, and a owner of these locally was ready to sell his Paulson chips, he loved these so much.

That said, I've had a chance to handle these chips in person, and love them for the reasons I thought I would. However, the diameter issue is something people should be aware of in advance.

I think these issues could affect the feel and handling during play (but to a very lessor degree). I think the main issue is with the appearance.

I was very excited to place an order... But now I am Still undecided.

Edited to add, that I think these are still better than the CPS chips, and if ordering a cash set, I think this diameter issue of the hundred chip is a non issue.

Well, I just let go of my nice CPS set to fund a purchase of these chips. I did so under the pretense that these chips were much better than the CPS chips in texture and beveling, two issues that I did not like with the CPS chips. All the reviews on the majestics were stellar, and a owner of these locally was ready to sell his Paulson chips, he loved these so much.

That said, I've had a chance to handle these chips in person, and love them for the reasons I thought I would. However, the diameter, oblong issues are not ones I would personally consider minor.

I think these issues could affect the feel and handling during play (but to a very lessor degree). I think the main issue is with the appearance. In racks, these look horrible, especially sitting next to barrels that don't have this issue.

I was very excited to place an order... But now I'm strongly considering not ordering the Majestics, and possibly saving the CPS money to fund a portion of a CPC tourney set? Still undecided.

This development is disappointing, but I'm glad I saw the issue before ordering. We were all very excited about the CPS chips, but when they arrived, there was an initial excitement (love affair) that quickly turned critical when some of the issues came to light. I see the same thing happening here. Sadly..

Edited to add, that I think these are still better than the CPS chips, but I'm not sure I can get super excited about a chip with such a defect. The only solution IMHO is to order 2x the amount of hundreds, and cull out the bad, oblong chips. Then these would be stellar IMHO. But that obviously increases in the investment cost.
On a completely unrelated note, anyone wanting to unload their Majestics can PM me :)

I love buying stuff, even with the defects.

As far as I can tell, the chips are smaller, not oblong.

Also, if you intend to fund CPCs with the CPS, different denoms may actually have different thicknesses.

I have some nice uniform dice chips I could sell you though... ;)

I honestly don't see this diameter deal as an issue. CPS chips had weird thickness problems... these have weird diameter problems.

Such is life with China clays. :)

I'm starting to think such is life with any clay.

Unless we start machining this bitches nothing will be close to perfect.

I have a motor city $1 with the over sized label that's not centered sitting on my desk and is slightly warped...looks like shit...imho.

i don't have mine yet, but maybe we can set up an official "my small diameter 100s for your large diameter 100s" majestics exchange program!

If this is the only flaw reported than we should all be happy. Bottom line is these are great chips.

I hate the nothing we can do about it statement. The customer is always right. You are the customer to china. We are the customer to you. We're both right in this case. This is a mold issue that was missed during QA/QC. It should have been caught then. There is something you can do about it, it's your order and your money. If they want more of your money and your future orders, they need to fix it. Every batch gets better until there are no more flaws. You just can't have this oh well, you get what you get attitude. Not if you'd like return customers anyway.

You just can't have this oh well, you get what you get attitude. Not if you'd like return customers anyway.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you weren't around for the "CPS Cracked Mold" fiasco that yielded chips of insanely different thicknesses. The chip manufacturer is an ocean away... really, there's only so much they will be willing to do.

Add on the fact that most people have their chips, and don't want to wait 8 more months for shipping returns, remaking of a remold, remaking chips, shipping/distributing new chips, and there's really only so much leverage to be had.

These are the realities of year long lead times for chip orders. :/

We do our best and try to squeeze China to keep making chips better. With all clay chips there will always be defects. Paulson, TR King, Blue Chip etc. have produced chips that have small defects.
When we reorder we will ask them to make the chips better. Problem is there might be some other fault that happens. What I could do is personally inspect every chip that goes out of here and charge $1 each for the chips. That would solve some problems but no one would be happy paying that much.
Some of you guys are looking for perfection from budget China chips. I personally am very happy with the quality of these chips. The Majestics are the best china clay chip I have. With clay chips there is always room for improvement and we will keep trying to make better chips.

What I'm saying is for a business to come out and say "Absolutely nothing we can do about it." is a joke. There is plenty you can do about it when it's your money. That attitude might very well sway the sample set I have ordered that I intended to turn into a 3,000 chip blank for custom labels to a different vender.

Edit ... This is why I ordered samples and didn't pre order. I'm glad I did. Major size differences isn't minor imperfections in my eyes. Im willing to pay more per chip to know I'm getting what I want, not hoping for the best. I'm glad things are getting better, but their not there yet. A positive attitude toward refining the product would go a long way, even if the end result is China doing what China wants anyway.

What I'm saying is for a business to come out and say "Absolutely nothing we can do about it." is a joke. There is plenty you can do about it when it's your money. That attitude might very well sway the sample set I have ordered that I intended to turn into a 3,000 chip blank for custom labels to a different vender.
He said he would try and make the future better? What more should he do?

We do our absolute best to bring the highest quality products out at a fair price.
China did a great job on these chips.
If you keep knocking every new product that comes out companies like mine and Palm Imports might not be so eager to bring anything new to market.

We do our absolute best to bring the highest quality products out at a fair price.
China did a great job on these chips.
If you keep knocking every new product that comes out companies like mine and Palm Imports might not be so eager to bring anything new to market.

josh, it just isn't worth arguing. you are right, but at the same time you will NEVER please everyone, particularly on a board like this full of those "in the know". there is nothing wrong with that, or those who voice their issues, it's just the way it is in these circumstances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom