Coming Soon!!! (4 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interested to see the 'oblong' pics. what are the dimensions of this shape? Has this affected the orange ones?

I foresee a WTT thread where people can swap out chips to get uniform sets.

921bdb62cc3c0fe785fd77dfb3464c6c05f9a8d00dca6d51f32a03b2f4701202.jpg

the smaller chips aren't just slightly smaller, but also oblong. I can line them up in a barrel shortest to tallest ( the tallest are pretty much uniform), but when I rotate the short ones in the barrel, suddenly the ones at the front of the barrel are now taller

Good detail. I was going to ask if these were actually just out of round - in some of the shots, it looked like that might be the case.

This is a harder problem to catch in QC, because a quick measure of the mold or chip can show the correct diameter, depending on where you measure... potentially, it's not even a mold problem; temporary side-stacking or uneven cooling might take them slightly out of round (less likely to me than bad molds, but I wouldn't rule it out.)

Most important - this defect is FAR less consequential than thickness differences, in my book. I'll take this in a heartbeat compared to the stack height differences I'd seen in, for example, Milanos.

Is there anything worse than inconsistent stacks...I'm not sure...I may see some warping too. @Apache can you see what I'm talking about?

I've seen this before. You need a flat surface, preferably doughy. Some tomato 'ointment', and then cover with 'Mozzarella'. This is a flattening, sorry, fattening agent, that eliminates the problem pretty quickly. Then put in oven at 230degrees and in about 20 to 30 minutes deal them out.

Is there anything worse than inconsistent stacks...I'm not sure...I may see some warping too. @Apache can you see what I'm talking about?

Seems like the press may not have been up to temperature at the time of compression. Add a little heat and they should be fine.

I've seen this before. You need a flat surface, preferably doughy. Some tomato 'ointment', and then cover with 'Mozzarella'. This is a flattening, sorry, fattening agent, that eliminates the problem pretty quickly. Then put in oven at 230degrees and in about 20 to 30 minutes deal them out.

This solved the problem! They handled great...a little warm and gooey...but know we can't seem to find them...time to reorder!

For those that take issue with any inconsistencies in the Majestic line, you all ordered your chips before they even existed with the clear understanding that the discounted price carries with it a level of risk that the product may not live up to expectations. Those ordering from here on out will have a clearer understanding of what they're getting for the slightly higher price. That's the nature of this kind of offer.

Having said that, I'm glad I sat this one out.

We do our best and try to squeeze China to keep making chips better. With all clay chips there will always be defects. Paulson, TR King, Blue Chip etc. have produced chips that have small defects.
When we reorder we will ask them to make the chips better. Problem is there might be some other fault that happens. What I could do is personally inspect every chip that goes out of here and charge $1 each for the chips. That would solve some problems but no one would be happy paying that much.
Some of you guys are looking for perfection from budget China chips. I personally am very happy with the quality of these chips. The Majestics are the best china clay chip I have. With clay chips there is always room for improvement and we will keep trying to make better chips.

I'm an engineer who has purchased items from China. Asking them to make some simple go / no-go gages for testing would be reasonable.

If this a 39 mm chip, an acceptable variance might be 39.25 mm max and 38.75 mm min.

Machine a 39.25 mm hole through a steel plate. Chips must pass through this as this is max size.

Machine a 38.75 mm hole through steel plate. Chips must NOT pass through this as this is min size.

Acceptable amount of rejects in a batch is usually set by a Quality Level. Look at run qty, select a sample qty based on run qty, select a quality level and check qty based on that. Example quantities here - http://www.asiainspection.com/aql-acceptable-quality-limit

I'm not writing this to complain or be a know-it-all. I'm writing this to offer my thoughts on a reasonable plan to pitch your supplier to help improve the product.

Starting to get all the label orders out now. Hopefully will have them finished by the end of the day.
If any of you guys mess your labels up and need extras let me know and I will send them out for free.

Who did the plaques and jetons? Sorry if I missed it elsewhere.

They are made for by MSK. I will try to get the pages built this week. Jetons will be around $3.50 each (only ordered 200 each of those) & Plaques will cost around $6 each.

Awesome way for people to sample the MSK stuff. Though if it's in short supply I'd hope they would send them along to folks with actual Majestic sets after testing them out.

They are made for by MSK. I will try to get the pages built this week. Jetons will be around $3.50 each (only ordered 200 each of those) & Plaques will cost around $6 each.

Do you think you might reorder if they sell well? I have been planning on doing a Majestics order once plaques come in but I was hoping it would be a regular stock, personally. I would think the $100, $5000, and $25000 would be especially desirable as top denoms for cash or tourney. I'd like to put together a tourney set with $5Ks and $25Ks involved but it would be hard to pass up a whole sample set, those look great.

I'm an engineer who has purchased items from China. Asking them to make some simple go / no-go gages for testing would be reasonable.

If this a 39 mm chip, an acceptable variance might be 39.25 mm max and 38.75 mm min.

Machine a 39.25 mm hole through a steel plate. Chips must pass through this as this is max size.

Machine a 38.75 mm hole through steel plate. Chips must NOT pass through this as this is min size.

I had a metal chip tray that held 10 chips that was custom drilled for me when I was experimenting with making chips. Each hole was 39mm. I'm looking for it now but it might be useful for folks wanting to sort their chips. If I find it, i'd be happy to drop it in the mail.

Has anybody considered lathing them? Is that even possible/practical?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom