Coming Soon!!! (4 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Majestics plaque artwork looks great, Josh. If recently received/displayed MSK examples are any indicator ( @Phantom ), they will be magnificent in person. Looking forward to picking up a few; please let us know when the web site page is ready to accept orders.

Starting to get all the label orders out now. Hopefully will have them finished by the end of the day.
If any of you guys mess your labels up and need extras let me know and I will send them out for free.
Thanks Josh, I look forward to them arriving. "Are they here yet? Are they here yet? :D

View attachment 24648

I should have these in a couple weeks. Will have a sale when they get here. I did not order many.
@Apache where do I sign up? Those plaques look amazing!

Should go nicely with these bad boys that showed up today. Awesome chips!

2015-12-07 21.46.04.jpg

Btw the orange look way better in person than the pictures. I was most impressed with the orange and the green. Sorry I didn't get some.

Btw the orange look way better in person than the pictures. I was most impressed with the orange and the green. Sorry I didn't get some.

Agreed, though I did not get any green, but wish I had. I was impressed with the yellow though. The "California colors" are the way to go IMO with this set.

Agreed, though I did not get any green, but wish I had. I was impressed with the yellow though. The "California colors" are the way to go IMO with this set.
I was so torn, I only wanted 4 colors. I loved and still love the brown. I love the off white. After that I would exchange the blue and purple ones I got for orange and maybe the yellow. I mean I'm happy either way.

Working on the art work now for labels.

Will Josh offer to sell those non standard labels like the 5c?
The 5c was offered in the presale, though I don't know if he's doing the labels now. It seems like China messed up printing the sheets. I liked mine enough and got confident enough with labeling that I for one would do an add on if he does offer blanks + labels in the future. While we're wishing, I'd be down for either a $2 or $3

This is what Josh offered early in the planning process.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 221
my chips are finally out for delivery, woo-hoo! got my "Priority Mail 2-Day™" shipping notice on 12/1/2015 - swing and a miss again, USPS!

It seems like China messed up printing the sheets.

I don't think they messed anything up. They just printed the denominations in the least expensive way possible, which is to put all of them on one printing plate and print a bunch of those sheets. If you put one denom on each plate, you have to make a plate for each denom, and print a separate run for each. Doing it all on the same sheet is way harder to deal with as a finished product, but it's way cheaper to produce.

I don't think they messed anything up. They just printed the denominations in the least expensive way possible, which is to put all of them on one printing plate and print a bunch of those sheets. If you put one denom on each plate, you have to make a plate for each denom, and print a separate run for each. Doing it all on the same sheet is way harder to deal with as a finished product, but it's way cheaper to produce.

They could have at least kept the denoms in separate columns :p

@Apache where do I sign up? Those plaques look amazing!

Should go nicely with these bad boys that showed up today. Awesome chips!

View attachment 24801
Big kudos to Josh. Immediate reply to my email and sent replacements for the whopping 2 out of 2250 chips that were damaged in shipping. In addition, Josh told me to keep the 50 extra yummy yellow 1k denom accidentally sent.

Thanks Josh for the great chips and great customer service!

View attachment 24648

I should have these in a couple weeks. Will have a sale when they get here. I did not order many.

I'm definitely getting a full sample set, if I manage to jump on the sale fast enough. I'd also love to get a sample set of all the chips - have you made that available yet? If so, I missed it... Otherwise, any plan to do so?

Got my sample safe and sound today. I'll take some comparison pictures against my other CC samples tomorrow (Pharaoh Club, Milano, Desert Palms, and PGI "Private Cardroom").

First impressions of the 10-chip sample
  • These chips are light. They may be lighter than my ASM / CPC samples. This is a slight detriment, as they don't feel as 'solid' as the other chips. Might just be where I'm not used to them, though, as I'm used to using 10g chips.
  • Chip thickness is comparable to the Milano's sample I have, but thinner than others. I have no idea if this is a representative sample, though.
  • Edge bevel is close to Milano's...maybe slightly more than those, but it's close. Not as square as the other samples, but not as beveled as the CPS chips I used to own, either (to my recollection).
  • The yellow colour on the 1k is spectacular. Reminds me of the CPS T1000, which was my favourite CPS chip. It's easily my favourite chip in the sample.
  • No cross hatching on the face. I like it,. They feel like they will stack well, friction-wise, but if they were closer to the other CC's weight-wise, I think they would stack like bricks.
  • The chip diameters are fairly consistent except for the $5000, which is slightly larger. The differences for the other chips isn't enough to write home about.
  • The chips do not fit nicely in my Chipco racks...I don't think they go in all the way. They work nicely in other, slightly larger racks, at least diameter-wise.
  • I had wondered if the purple chosen for the $500 would work, or if the darker purple or blue would have worked better there. The purple used was a wise choice. The darker one would have been a problem.
  • Colour-wise, I think the orange would have made a better $5000 than the brown, but maybe because the orange is my second-favourite chip. ;)
  • The label is quite nice. The denom is easy to read, and looks classy. I'm not a fan of the gradient effect, but that's a personal preference.
Overall, I think they are an excellent china clay option. A solid colour option for this set would be hard to resist.

Last edited:
Josh are regular denom labels (outside of the $0.05 mentioned above) still available?

Big kudos to Josh. Immediate reply to my email and sent replacements for the whopping 2 out of 2250 chips that were damaged in shipping. In addition, Josh told me to keep the 50 extra yummy yellow 1k denom accidentally sent.

ditto for me. i got my shipment yesterday, but USPS mangled my box (it even came with a "damaged" sticker added to it). one chip out of 500 found its way out of the box, along with my 100 labels for blanks. I emailed josh about it with pictures, and he wrote back to me within 15 minutes to tell me he was sending replacements out today, and I already got the shipping notice for that. So I'll just repeat exactly:

ditto for me. i got my shipment yesterday, but USPS mangled my box (it even came with a "damaged" sticker added to it). one chip out of 500 found its way out of the box, along with my 100 labels

it must be the usps in mass. i think i have gotten 1 out of 5 mfb to my door intact. it is brutal. luckly my majestics were delievered by fedex. no problem with those guys.

Yesterday, I mentioned that I would post some comparison pics. So, here we go.

The contenders
Majestics, Pharaoh's Club, Desert Palms, Crazy Horse, Milanos, and Private Cardrooms (PGI MGK, I believe)

All_Chips.jpg

View from the top
All_Chips_Top.jpg

View from the side
All_Chips_Height1.jpg

Majestics vs Pharaoh's Club
MAJvsPHR.jpg

Majestics vs Milanos
MAJvsMIL.jpg

Majestics vs Desert Palms
MAJvsDP.jpg

Overall, the bevel is no worse than the Pharaoh's Club, but more than the Desert Palms.However, I think the fact that the chips are thinner accentuates the bevel a bit, as there's less of a flat edge to compensate for it.

As mentioned, the yellow colour is quite deep.
Yellow_Comparison.jpg

Orange is no slouch, either.
Orange_Comparison.jpg

In a generic rack, there are diameter differences. However, none of the sets are perfect in this regard. The farthest two are the PGI Private Cardroom and Desert Palms, and there are some diameter differences there, as well.
Diameter.jpg

All told, while these chips are a bit thinner and the diameter of the chips is slightly inconsistent, those are really the only issues. I have no idea how well a barrel will fit in the racks I have, as I only have 10 chips. But I'm sure Apache will be able to recommend something (assuming it's not in an earlier post).

I stand by my earlier statement...for the price, these are fine china clays. None of my samples are perfect. Your preference will depend on what you like.

Just when I think I'm out...plaques ordered. Probably just decoration, but you never know when a big game will break out...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom