Coming Soon- "New Greek" Mold Hybrid Chips (1 Viewer)

from what i understand the inlays on these new hybrids match the size on a THC chip which is smaller than the inlay on RHC.
Ah, now I see what you're getting at.

Not exactly. TH&C inlays are nominally 7/8" which is 22.2 mm, and RHC inlays are nominally 1-1/16" which is 27 mm. The new Greek-mold inlays are 24 mm.

1695375210004.png

R1 would ideally be quite a few shades off-white adding some contrast with a white label. I don't know if its because the blanks come slightly off white anyway? In the photos of white chips they look much closer to brilliant white.

If not, I figure I can order a custom and pick a different shade, but if there's demand for the R templates I thought I could suggest other buyers might like this change too? The rest of the R range looks bang on.

To be fair, I don't think everyone here understands that these chips were made by @justincarothers , or that other custom chips were made by someone else, and that those people "own" the rights to the mold.

Sometimes people are trying to be sneaky, but often a request to Tina is made from ignorance and a lack of information.

View attachment 1199040

R1 would ideally be quite a few shades off-white adding some contrast with a white label. I don't know if its because the blanks come slightly off white anyway? In the photos of white chips they look much closer to brilliant white.

If not, I figure I can order a custom and pick a different shade, but if there's demand for the R templates I thought I could suggest other buyers might like this change too? The rest of the R range looks bang on.
I hear you on this, however I will rarely recommend printing a sandy or off white colour with these Tina chips. They just cannot reproduce it well and it will end up looking very grainy rather than a uniform colour. Going with a bright white results in a better looking final product.

Of course, if that's what you want then fill your boots. Highly recommended to spend the time and money on prototypes first so you can be sure of the final result.

I told Tina she should make this mold (among other molds) during Covid. They must not have believed me that they would be so popular. And I didn’t want to take on such a project myself after seeing the cards mold numbers that @SeanGecko was dealing with. Regardless, good on @justincarothers for bringing it to life. The initial pictures look amazing.

4. Establishing a spot/color range based off their color wheels would absolutely make this streamlined. Great idea, great deal. Would also be great to see some reviews of labels that make a good 1-2 punch, like from Gear or Sticker Mule.

Looking forward to seeing the orders lined up
so what would a 2000 piece set cost with custom labels?

so what would a 2000 piece set cost with custom labels?

Sounds like you want 2K of the pre-designed chips but with your own custom labels.
If I have it right, these are your 2 options:

Option 1-
Buy unlabeled pre-designed chips at this group buy (GB) link:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-greek-mold-hybrid-blanks-10-11.110154/
… and contract with PCF member Gear or website Sticker Mule (or somewhere else) for do-it-yourself labeling at home (that’s 4K labels!)

Option 2-
Buy pre-designed chips but have Tina print and attach your custom labels prior to shipping to you. Here’s the link to the GB for custom chips (see second section):
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-greek-mold-hybrids-pre-designed-and-customs-09-12.110153/
… you’ll incur an $80-$160 custom label set up fee in addition to the chip cost, and you’ll need to supply the Adobe Illustrator file for the label artwork.

@justincarothers
Are these molds available as non-textured?

I got a sample. I love them, except they seem a little too slick. I’m wondering if a non-textured option with more surface-to-surface contact would be less so.

@justincarothers
Are these molds available as non-textured?

I got a sample. I love them, except they seem a little too slick. I’m wondering if a non-textured option with more surface-to-surface contact would be less so.
They only come textured. The texture is what keeps them from being slippery. You are the first I’ve heard say they were slippery.

They only come textured. The texture is what keeps them from being slippery. You are the first I’ve heard say they were slippery.
I’m a rookie. My comparison is against different chips, such as Milano and Majestic China Clays and DDLM and Empire ceramics. They are the slickest of my bunch.

I still love them. Gonna order some regardless during your next group buy.

Personally, I like the new Greek molds, but if you are looking for more surface area like the DDLM, you might look for some samples of Justin's No Mold chips.

The China Clays are not as slick, simply because of the material used. I don't know how long that grippitude (made that word up) will last, but in only a few months, my bank chips from Apache are less grippy than when new.

We have approved the production of a new mold that should be ready in about 30 days or less. I will update this thread as we progress. This is a hybrid ceramic chip, fully "indented" mold. Recessed area for labels.

Things we know:

1. Available in 39mm and 43mm

View attachment 1163575

2. 24mm recessed area for label

View attachment 1163572

3. Will offer full designs (will have 2 different sets in initial sale)

a. 39mm will cost approx $.50
b. 43mm will cost approx $.53

View attachment 1163573

4. Will offer "blanks" that you can purchase your own labels for. Over 150 different options like the ones seen below.

a. 39mm will cost approx $.46
b. 43mm will cost approx $.49

View attachment 1163574

5. Will offer full custom sets. You provide the art
a. 39mm will cost $.48
b. 43mm will cost $.51
c. Label set up fee of $160 per set

Costs will be finalized as we get closer. I will update this thread with any news. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Justin the inlay is 24mm wide but how deep is it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom