Coming Soon- "New Greek" Mold Hybrid Chips (3 Viewers)

Even with bad lighting these are a homerun!!! Here are some newly printed samples. They do not have labels on them. She is going to apply some labels and send me those photos. I could not be happier with how these turned out

YOSIouZ.jpg

YT1tPLH.jpg

Bi4qadQ.jpg

wwdTBxC.jpg

HiIeni2.jpg

Fq9OVVi.jpg

Boat chips are going to take on a new meaning when this group buy fills an entire container ship by itself. :LOL: :laugh:

Justin, is there going to be the possibility of a laminated inlay a la the Sunfly Polyinno hybrids with these?

I was going to ask if these could be printed full face without labels needed at all, but those injection marks (?) make it a pretty clear no. These look fantastic!

Wow based on these photos it looks like there is a chance of pip-less sides on these?! Injection mold ports will be hidden under the labels?

1694540205123.png

Sorry if I'm missing it, but which group buy does custom label + stock chip design go in?

At this time the only inlay options are textured & matte.
Thanks for the quick reply! Any future runs with a Polyinno-esque inlay option may make me end my holdout on these...
Wow based on these photos it looks like there is a chance of pip-less sides on these?! Injection mold ports will be hidden under the labels?

View attachment 1194370
Based on the scrown mold hybrid sample chips I received today, their textured hybrid labels are magnificent. There is a very light metallic sheen to them, and I much prefer it to the glare produced by Sun-Fly's glossy hybrid labels. Bonus is that these chips also have a matte-finish rolling edge, unlike Sun-Fly's signature glossy rolling edge surface.

All seven of my chips still have one injection point pip on the rolling edge, which is barely perceptible on three of the chips. It all depends on location relative to the spot colors, and which colors are used. Some chip pips appear to have been ground down more than others prior to printing.

I suspect that the edge pips are needed to release pressure when the mold cavity is filled from the injection points located under the label. Without such an outlet, you cannot fill the mold.

Based on the scrown mold hybrid sample chips I received today, their textured hybrid labels are magnificent. There is a very light metallic sheen to them, and I much prefer it to the glare produced by Sun-Fly's glossy hybrid labels. Bonus is that these chips also have a matte-finish rolling edge, unlike Sun-Fly's signature glossy rolling edge surface.
If I recall, the Championship Poker Series chips from PGI had labels with a light metallic sheen. Are these similar?

All seven of my chips still have one injection point pip on the rolling edge, which is barely perceptible on three of the chips. It all depends on location relative to the spot colors, and which colors are used. Some chip pips appear to have been ground down more than others prior to printing.

I suspect that the edge pips are needed to release pressure when the mold cavity is filled from the injection points located under the label. Without such an outlet, you cannot fill the mold.
Just curious as to which samples you got. Both @chipinla and @harrysallout samples both felt very smooth to me

If an option, I think I'd like to go no label (even though cost is the same), and have Gear print my labels. Does that seem dumb? From photos, I haven't been dazzled by Tina labels, but I also haven't seen them close up.

Anyways, chips look outstanding...I'm IN.
I haven't handled Gear labels yet (I'm sure they're brilliant based on their reputation). That said, I like Tina labels a lot- lots of fine detailing and vibrant colors.

If I recall, the Championship Poker Series chips from PGI had labels with a light metallic sheen. Are these similar?
Similar, maybe, but definitely not the same material. These are much nicer laminates, with more 'sparkle' compared to the 'sheen' of the older China clay labels.

Am I the only one that is more than a little worried about my inlay design ending up being sold by "Tina" to whomever decides they want it?

Idk....
I much prefer the idea of ordering custom blanks and applying my own labels made by @Gear or someone other than "Tina"

From my understanding, this will be possible, right? @justincarothers

Am I the only one that is more than a little worried about my inlay design ending up being sold by "Tina" to whomever decides they want it?

Idk....
I much prefer the idea of ordering custom blanks and applying my own labels made by @Gear or someone other than "Tina"

I cannot guarantee anything but so far we had a pretty good relationship. She says she will not sell anything of mine. She has asked me on a few occasions when people from here have tried to go directly to her and denied their request because I said no. At least that is what she tells me. But getting your own labels for blank chips would definitely solve that worry

Idk....

Hmm, I thought designers let others buy the same chips with an art fee per chip?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom