CLOSED - Group Buy for Warneke 100 count 'Paulson-Type' Chip Storage Boxes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all... once people saw the posted video I figured there'd be some folks who wanted to up their quantities. This is a pretty slick product, and I'm not sure we're going to see this pricing again anytime soon (getting a commitment of 10k on a reorder will be pretty difficult). That said, I'm upping my order as well.

NOTICE: Group Buy is REOPENED for ORDERS for 7 MORE DAYS! GB will close again at noon Mountain Daylight Time on Friday 6/23!!

PS: @Matijan did you want me to add your 20 to the order?
yes please and thank you!

That is as fu**ed up a business model as the now prevalent automotive repair shop practice of an add-on for "materials" and similar garbage. If it's part of the uncertainty of your production process, you should take that into account in your basic pricing -- it's called overhead.

That said, in this case it's immaterial to me -- I'll happily take extra boxes up to 50% above my initial order.

Thanks again for all your efforts!
You would be surprised how common this is in the printing industry. Board game publishers go through this routinely. If one orders 5000 copies of a board game, the printing of the box, the rules, any paper inserts, any cardboard chit sprues, and sheets of cards all get printed at the 10% error. In the end, the publisher gets a crapshoot of somewhere between 4500 copies and 5500 copies of the game. If they want 5000 minimum, they commit to 5600, and may end up with over 6000.

And yeah I'm going to order some. Some time. Before the 23rd. That's a nice box you've got there.

Sorry I'm late to the show. Just finished hibernating.

So not much Canada orders. Just @Gear out west, @BUBBLE in Ontario. I could probably use about 50.
Will double check amount tomorrow. Anyone else in Atlantic Canada want to combine shipping with me?
@200 Motels ; @JonNB ; @ledge4131 ?

@GenghisKhan

I'll have a look at my collection and see if I could use some. I'll let you know tomorrow.

L

That works!

I am thinking everyone is going to have to agree to a 10% overage so we all get the orders we want. I'll then give refunds for what is not produced... And then we'll figure out what to do with the extras.

People can opt to take them, or maybe we can just sell them at cost in the vendor forums? I'm thinking it's not going to be more than a 3-5% overage in reality (but don't hold me to that), which shouldn't be a huge hit, even on the bigger orders.

If we go over a bunch, I'm sure I could take many more.
Video with CPC chips... a much more snug fit...

I'm of the opinion that after those CPC chips sit in a box for a bit, it stretches and will be ok without the corners tearing. Leave a rack in with the top for a couple days and do the side by side test with a new box and the one that sat 2 days. I'd be surprised it there were a problem....I hope!

Sorry I'm late to the show. Just finished hibernating.

So not much Canada orders. Just @Gear out west, @BUBBLE in Ontario. I could probably use about 50.
Will double check amount tomorrow. Anyone else in Atlantic Canada want to combine shipping with me?
@200 Motels ; @JonNB ; @ledge4131 ?

I have combined a few here in Ontario and I am reshipping/ delivering a few nearby. I Could add yours to it.

Can we get clarification on this? I'm getting these largely for CPC chips (assuming CPS was a reference to CPC).

Yeah, I think @QuiQuog meant CPC not CPS, but just for fun, I took a rack of my thickest CPS chips (Blue T500s) yesterday and we tried them. They fit, but the bottom box bulges a bit, more than even the CPC chips in @justsomedude 's video, but the top fits fine over it, so they should be fine.

As for CPC, I think his 2nd video shows it best.
nitzilla

Just now seeing this thread. Awesome job JSD.

Put me down for 50 boxes.
This doesn't mean I plan to get back up over 5000 chips. Just preparing for the 'worst' case scenario:)
Actually make it 60 boxes.

I will plan on picking them up at the Great Divide.
If I can't make it then I can stop by the next time I am in Denver?

That's not stupid at all.
Having only 500 poker chips. Now that's what I call.......uninformed:)
One day you will probably buy more chips. Plan for the future!

Oh I have plenty of poker chips. More than the significant other would like me to have. They're just in cases. I want boxes for when the Boardwalks come in. They're easier to hide so she doesn't know about them!

@justsomedude thanks for your efforts here which are truly generous, but please delete my order. Nothing to do with the boxes themselves or the great job you've done - I'm just liquidating and won't need anything more than I already have for storage after it's all said and done.

Sorry... you can put me back to my original 50. This will keep shipping to MD 1 full case of 200, making things easier.

Mark

@justsomedude thanks for your efforts here which are truly generous, but please delete my order. Nothing to do with the boxes themselves or the great job you've done - I'm just liquidating and won't need anything more than I already have for storage after it's all said and done.

These boxes make great shipping boxes :whistle: :whistling:

Didn't know he was unloading them so soon. Kinda odd really, lots of great chippers in the Atlanta area, plenty of chances to get chips on the felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom