Collecting (ordering closed) SPW private message group buy (3 Viewers)

renegadegatorman

High Hand
Reaction score
***This Group Buy is only available to the members of the group conversation that was created on 11/21/23***
Title pretty much explains it, I didn't have the permissions to post a group buy thread so I went with an underground/DIY approach. I found another new member's introduction post where they were asking how to acquire the SPW chips and I added that member and others expressing interest into a group conversation and worked out all the details there.

As of 12/2/23 we are at the deadline we agreed to for having our orders finalized and we will be collecting payments throughout the weekend. We are not taking on any new orders in this group buy! This thread is about transparency and accountability, we conducted our business privately but now that money is getting involved we are bringing it out into the open for the peace of mind of all involved.

@rambiezel @Rex @ledawg @Chinaski @l33tf0b @Sparkynutz please comment below once you have sent over your payment and I will acknowledge here as well.

special thank to @Chinaski for helping to keep all the orders organized. I would've spent a lot more time in front of my computer if you hadn't jumped in to help.

"This thread is about transparency and accountability, we conducted our business privately but now that money is getting involved we are bringing it out into the open for the peace of mind of all involved."

I think you've completely missed the point concerning what people objected to or were offended by in the conduct of earlier NAGBs.

But thanks for providing the handles of all those involved in this one. My ignore list was getting dangerously short... :cool

Screenshot the spreadsheet so it's easier for everyone to pay and see amounts.
Screenshot_20231203-171305_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
For anyone that missed out on these Mario/Nintendo chips: I plan on doing a group buy January or February.

Please message me if interested.

Last edited:
"This thread is about transparency and accountability, we conducted our business privately but now that money is getting involved we are bringing it out into the open for the peace of mind of all involved."

I think you've completely missed the point concerning what people objected to or were offended by in the conduct of earlier NAGBs.

But thanks for providing the handles of all those involved in this one. My ignore list was getting dangerously short... :cool
I get it, I'm new and don't understand the nuances so it's easy to dunk on me. I joined the forum and came across the SPW chips and decided they were what I wanted for a tournament set, only problem was that the quote I originally got from rjdev7 was a little much for my liking and there wasn't an active group buy going on. Per the forum's rules I was restricted from starting a group buy thread (and I completely understand why that rule is in place or else this section would be a mess) so there weren't many options.

I noticed there were other newer members asking about a group buy so I found a way to fill a need that the community wasn't actively fulfilling. over the past couple of weeks I dealt with new members and more experienced ones (who didn't have any objections to what I was doing) and we all cooperated to try and achieve a common goal. When it became time to order I had a couple of the members request that I post in the group buy section and I wasn't going to say no, these people put a lot of trust in me and I'm trying to be as transparent as possible with them.

If there is a problem with something I did you can tell me, I'm here to learn. Or if what happened was so egregious, petition an admin to take this thread down. It seems like people are upset that I didn't include them but I didn't have a way to make a public appeal to get the whole community involved nor would I want to be in charge of a massive order.

I'm not looking to make enemies here, just the opposite. This forum is great and I've been on it everyday since I joined because the people here rule!

I get it, I'm new and don't understand the nuances so it's easy to dunk on me. I joined the forum and came across the SPW chips and decided they were what I wanted for a tournament set, only problem was that the quote I originally got from rjdev7 was a little much for my liking and there wasn't an active group buy going on. Per the forum's rules I was restricted from starting a group buy thread (and I completely understand why that rule is in place or else this section would be a mess) so there weren't many options.

I noticed there were other newer members asking about a group buy so I found a way to fill a need that the community wasn't actively fulfilling. over the past couple of weeks I dealt with new members and more experienced ones (who didn't have any objections to what I was doing) and we all cooperated to try and achieve a common goal. When it became time to order I had a couple of the members request that I post in the group buy section and I wasn't going to say no, these people put a lot of trust in me and I'm trying to be as transparent as possible with them.

If there is a problem with something I did you can tell me, I'm here to learn. Or if what happened was so egregious, petition an admin to take this thread down. It seems like people are upset that I didn't include them but I didn't have a way to make a public appeal to get the whole community involved nor would I want to be in charge of a massive order.

I'm not looking to make enemies here, just the opposite. This forum is great and I've been on it everyday since I joined because the people here rule!

I'm not losing sleep over something I didn't even want in the 1st place.
mario-super-mario.gif

I think what people have an issue with is the term "Group Buy." It was private so it's really more of a "Not A Group Buy." NAGB's are a very polarizing topic here...

Semantics :) -- duly noted though so if title stated 'NAGB' , it's all good?

either way - i'm thankful for all the efforts with the buy and per moderators, the transparency is greatly appreciated as I'm a participant in this particular NAGB as well. Guess everyone else can /squelch or ignore in the mean time?

Payment sent!

NAGB works for me if that's exactly what this is.

I started this whole thing because I saw chips that I thought me and my four kids would love playing with when I googled “unique poker chip designs”. That led me to this forum. That also led me to seeing someone in Mexico seemingly stole Ryan’s design. Instead of going that route which would have been cheaper, I took the high road and contacted BRPoker and they told me how to find Ryan here.

And here we are. In the end I save maybe $100 on 700 chips doing a “group by” vs going through Ryan directly. Did it take longer that way? Yes. Did I get to meet some nice people virtually that love poker and helped organize this for a few others? Yes. Do I regret it? Nope.

I hope all interested in these Mario chips all the best getting another order going with Ryan in the future. It’s a cool design and the designer deserves the credit and royalties. Cheers!

I agree. I didn't join this forum to make enemies. If there's a problem, let us know. I myself am still new this is forum. I don't think it was any of our intentions to upset people in the community. I do apologize for that. However, apologize don't fix problems, so if the admins want this thread taken down or locked, so be it.

Yes I noticed group buy was done but did see that @ChipWhisperer mentioned doing a group buy in jan/feb so i messaged and comme ted here to express interest! Pm sent lol

Yes I noticed group buy was done but did see that @ChipWhisperer mentioned doing a group buy in jan/feb so i messaged and comme ted here to express interest! Pm sent lol
You should quote and reply to @ChipWhisperer as he is not the OP of this thread. It avoids any confusion. @ChipWhisperer should probably start his own thread if he hasn't already.

@Tommy Appriciate the heads up sorry for reviving an oldish thread! My forum etiquette has fallen off drastically in the past years since the rise of Facebook!

"Transparency"..... After the fact.
So posting a spreadsheet is pretty much a big FU. You should have just done it via PM. Those "outside looking in" don't really need or want to know at this point.

"Transparency"..... After the fact.
So posting a spreadsheet is pretty much a big FU. You should have just done it via PM. Those "outside looking in" don't really need or want to know at this point.
I think he meant transparency between the members involved. Yes, a group PM or group email would have been a much better method and would have avoided the drama. What's done is done...like 2 months ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom