CLOSED - Group Buy for Warneke 100 count 'Paulson-Type' Chip Storage Boxes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure you can take the burden off of yourself:

State the terms that anyone ordering is responsible for 100% of their payment AS A DEPOSIT. Then when the final charges are made (with the +/- 10%) people can pay any additional funds + shipping or forfeit their 'deposit'. People can take one last time to adjust their orders if need be. I'm ok with the 10% variance. If there's a chance of getting 10% more, I might adjust my order from 100 to 90 to compensate.

I don't care if the number of boxes I get or the price I pay is a little more or a little less. I'm still in for whatever - just let me know when to pay and how much.

same here, I can do 100 or 400, whatever helps the group buy get done and eases @justsomedude workload/frustration level. Thanks again for all this work!!!

I appreciate all this you guys. It really helps keep me motivated, especially after yesterday's ridiculous news.

Maybe I'll just offer up any overages that are paid for to a PCF site giveaway or something.

As many above have said, I'm also OK with taking some overage. I think I ordered 50, I'm glad to take 100

I REALLY don't want to deal with refunds. But I don't think I have an option, the way these guys operate. :mad:

Like @warewulf says, collect in two passes.

Make sure to basic charge enough to collect enough to pay Warneke if the run comes in high (+20%). Collect for Phase I.

Order the run at +10% quantity to ensure you have enough to meet demand.

After it comes in, pay the invoice, and then allow people to commit to taking some/all of the excess.

Recalcuate the price per piece based on what's sold... afterwards, you'll have some amount to "refund..." but you just deduct it from the amount you collect for shipping. Collect for Phase II.

Then,as people pay for their shipping, go ahead and ship them out.

Apart from the people who are picking up in person, you don't have to perform a real refund; you just reduce the second payment.

People buying extras will eat up all or most of the extra stock. You might get stuck with a few "free" boxes... can you store them for a while? Put 'em up for sale after a future group buy and I bet people snap them up.

like others, i'm ok w/ over/under.

thanks for all the work and frustration on your part.

-gc :)

I don't care if the number of boxes I get or the price I pay is a little more or a little less. I'm still in for whatever - just let me know when to pay and how much.

I feel the exact same way. Just knowing this style box is available is such a comfort. If it helps, you can double my order and whatever I get I get. Mystery size order FTW!

Again, I truly appreciate all your help with this...I'm sure it's not easy.

Interested to hear how the samples looked like, how did the meeting go yesterday? :)

It didn't. I picked up an AM headshot, and have been slammed since.

Sorry - 48 more hours until my graduation season dies down - then I can get back to neutral... :(

ducal.PNG

Can someone catch me up on the payment situation? Should we have paid 50 or 100% already, how, or are we waiting for the manufacturing tolerance issue to resolve?

Can someone catch me up on the payment situation? Should we have paid 50 or 100% already, how, or are we waiting for the manufacturing tolerance issue to resolve?
No payment yet. GB is on slow-roll due to shenanigans from box company. Should get an update from Andrew next week.

UPDATE - JUNE 16, 2017

I need to get my folks to the airport, but here is a quick update:

Photo of flat 3-piece sample box:

warnekebox.jpg

Video comparo of Paulson box and Warneke box:

The Warneke box fits the chips much more snug than the Paulson box. I think this is because of the 1/16" wider chip divider/insert, in addition to possible thicker stock being used for the divider/insert (this is a guess and unverified). See the video below...

* I apologize for the vertical video - for some dumb reason my iPhone couldn't tell I was holding the phone sideways. YouTube is currently processing the 90-degree rotation.

I also got clarification on the +/- 10% production deal... Greg explained it to me in more "standard" terms, and it made more sense.

Basically, they have a 10% overrun allowance on any and all orders. For example, if you are Gillette, and you call for an order of 50,000 packages, your initial quote will be for 55,000 units to ensure you get the quantity you need/want. Warneke cannot predict their cutting waste with exact precision, so they quote an overrun to guarantee the minimum quantity delivered to the client - you are then invoiced for the exact amount delivered. So on that order of 50,000 that is quoted at 55,000, your final invoice will probably only be for 50,950 units, or 51,600 units, or whatever.

He told me he basically explained it in reverse for us, because he knew we were a fragmented group, and did not want us to have pay for product we did not want/order, to try and save us money. He didn't realize it would cause the confusion that it did.

So - if we want exactly 11,600 units, we need to commit to a 10% overrun, although we probably won't hit that. I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom