Chips & Racks - How much can you fit in an MFRB? (1 Viewer)

mattross1313

Full House
Reaction score
Hi Chippers,

Possibly a dumb question, but I'm based in the UK and not seen any USPS shipping boxes before.

I have (currently) 440 Paulsons, 2 Copag Deck Sets, 5 vegas decks and some single chips waiting for UK shipping. I'm just waiting on labels and they will be heading to their new home. I believe I already need to get this done using an MFRB due to chip quantity alone.

I would also like to get some racks to store the chips properly, and show 'em off in a birdcage. It seems Europe is poorly serviced when it comes to getting quality chip racks. I've reached to @Spinettis Gaming to see if shipping just the racks directly to the UK is a viable option, but I imagine this will be pricey!

So the question is - would my current purchases (above) and 6 good quality racks fit in a medium box, or is this a non-starter? and I need to go back to square one and look at new storage options.

Oops. Apologies. I misread your post. You're receiving, not sending. Must get another cup of coffee in me...

20 lb limit on either MFRB or LFRB, so that will likely play into the calculation.

Racks take up a lot of space, but don't add much weight (and generally speaking, it's not wise to ship chips IN racks).

I'm pretty sure that 450+ chips, a bunch of card setups, and six racks will not fit in a MFRB.

Oops. Apologies. I misread your post. You're receiving, not sending. Must get another cup of coffee in me...
I'll be receiving the chips, but my buddy will be sorting the shipment - who is not a chipper. So I will totally be sending him instructions - thanks for the link, not seen this thread!

Honestly, for the long journey...I’d spend up on a LFRB or another MFRB and Packing material. Def spend up on packing material :cool
Yeah, I may just man up and ship the racks separately. No point trying to cut corners at this late stage in the game!

20 lb limit on either MFRB or LFRB, so that will likely play into the calculation.

Racks take up a lot of space, but don't add much weight (and generally speaking, it's not wise to ship chips IN racks).

I'm pretty sure that 450+ chips, a bunch of card setups, and six racks will not fit in a MFRB.
Thanks @BGinGA - I did think I was pushing my luck using a single MFRB.

Hi, i managed to buy 6 Matsui racks from them early last year, i think they have a office based in Manchester which cost about £21 with delivery - not sure if they still supply from the UK but could be worth a try if they are any good to you.

Thanks Dennis :tup: I'm assuming that without the racks an MFRB would be fine? I think I read somewhere they are good for 800 or so chips.

800 chips in a MFRB? You'd have to remove the chip boxes and dump the chips in a pile. I'd say 600.

Flat rate boxes are deceptively small. A medium MFRB is actually smaller than a shoebox by about 1 inch in length. That mean's you probably would not be able to ship a pair of shoes in an MFRB. They are:

11" x 8.5" x 5"

Thanks all, looks like I better just stick to my ~440 chips and some decks of cards for the one box then. Appreciate the info.

Hi, i managed to buy 6 Matsui racks from them early last year, i think they have a office based in Manchester which cost about £21 with delivery - not sure if they still supply from the UK but could be worth a try if they are any good to you.
Hi Sparky, this is interesting. Was this from Matsui direct?

Thanks all, looks like I better just stick to my ~440 chips and some decks of cards for the one box then. Appreciate the info.

Hi Sparky, this is interesting. Was this from Matsui direct?

It was, use this contact form to start the request, i just asked for a price of 6 chip trays - they also do the birdcage cases to store 800 & 1000 but they were pricey.

hopefully this can sort out what you need.

http://matsuieurope.com/contact/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom