Tourney Chip Set for T2000 Tournament & 1/2 Cash Game (1 Viewer)

KuroOkami

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for advice on a set that would be used for T2000 tournaments and a 1/2 cash game.

What would be the optimal chip breakout for this with a max of 8 players and 2 rebuys allowed?

We generally don't recommend using the same chipset for cash and tourney with overlapping denominations (for security reasons). But to each their own.
Thank You for the advice. That is something I never considered. This would only be used for a home game with friends that I have known for decades. We have never played a cash game and I thought it might be fun to incorporate it.

Thank You for the advice. That is something I never considered. This would only be used for a home game with friends that I have known for decades. We have never played a cash game and I thought it might be fun to incorporate it.
I thought about mentioning it, but when you mentioned 8 player max I assumed it was a regular group of friends you were playing with.

Thanks!

200 - $1
200 - $5
200 - $25
60 - $100
60 - $500

Does that sound right?
That is a great set of quality chips for a low price! Good choice. If the cash game catches on, then you can think of getting separate cash and tourney sets. I think for a T2000 tourney with 8 players and rebuys, you should get 100 (at least) of the $100 chips. A standard 10-10-7-2 starting stack uses 56 100s before any rebuys or coloring up (unless you were thinking of using the $1 chips in your tourney).

Here's to hoping Jim has plenty of those T2000 sets for sale. I'm looking to buy the same ones to make my first real set.

Good luck... (Even though I do hope my F5 key works just a little faster than yours on Sunday. Lol)

That is a great set of quality chips for a low price! Good choice. If the cash game catches on, then you can think of getting separate cash and tourney sets. I think for a T2000 tourney with 8 players and rebuys, you should get 100 (at least) of the $100 chips. A standard 10-10-7-2 starting stack uses 56 100s before any rebuys or coloring up (unless you were thinking of using the $1 chips in your tourney).
Thanks for the input. I will probably do that.

Here's to hoping Jim has plenty of those T2000 sets for sale. I'm looking to buy the same ones to make my first real set.

Good luck... (Even though I do hope my F5 key works just a little faster than yours on Sunday. Lol)
You shouldn't have any issues getting that set. Nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt to be fast about it lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom