Cash Game Cash Game Set Up (1 Viewer)

10 racks of fives? I think that's way too much for one table at any stakes. Unless you're playing a 10/20 limit game. I think 2-4 racks of 5s is plenty. Then a rack of 20s/25s and a barrel of 100s.
I mean…you could start with 6-8 racks, but won’t be happy until you have 10.

Less blinds means less to fight over means less action.
Actually I just home from a game with no blinds. Button straddle 5-25, you can bring it in for 25.

I’m not really a fan, there can’t be a dead button.

As for action there’s never a shortage.

I’ve played single blind - plenty of action so what you are saying is not true. Try something different for a change.

I’ve played single blind - plenty of action so what you are saying is not true. Try something different for a change.
I didn't say there wouldn't be plenty of action. I was just saying there should theoretically be less action because there is less reason to get involved in the hand.

If blinds didn't exist and every hand was free to play until someone bet, the most optimal way to play would be to wait for aces and shove all in.

In practice this would of course be incredibly boring and no one would play like this in a home game. So action will exist regardless. But it makes logical sense that when there is less money in the pot there will be less reason to give action.

So you read books and listen to the ‘experts’. But in this case you are wrong. Sorry.

Invest in mostly $1, $5, $25 chips! You don’t need as many $100 chips as you think - and for these games it’s generally better to cap out buy-ins so no one covers everyone at the table. So for instance a max buy-in of $100 per player at the table to start off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom