Cash Game Need Advice For Home Game Chip Breakdown (2 Viewers)

bbb27

Reaction score
I am running a home game with a $50 buy-in and 7-8 people playing at one time. I have 500 total chips with the denominations being 100-25¢, 100-50¢, 100-1$, 100-2$, and 100-$3. I need advice on what the most optimal chip breakdown would be, the value of blinds we should use, and what the price of a rebuy should be.

My advice would be… don’t start here…
If your chips have these denominations, throw them away or relabel them.

Your total bank is $675. That’s ~1.5 buy ins per player which is borderline not enough never mind the chip breakdowns being next to unusable.

If your players could think of the 50c chips as $5 and the $2 chips as $20 you’d have a chance. But really, you want to spend a buy in on some cheap Amazon chips to get a different starting point.

Sorry to be so negative. Go ahead with the chips you have. Have a great night of poker, muddle through the best you can. But there is a no optimal way to run a game as you describe with this chip set.

Welcome!​

You should start by clicking on the link in my signature for New Members. (need landscape mode on mobile)

Then you've given us some good info, but lets explain what you're asking.

You have chips, but you are using them wrong, you said with the denoms, but you didn't say if you've declared them or if they are actually labeled as such.

Efficiencies would have a chip value and then the next denom x 4 or x 5 of the previous denom. So it could be you can reuse your chips, just declare them a different value.

.25 is a good start, but you can't have both .25 and .5 with only 500 chips and you shouldn't spread them both anyway.

To start with a chip break down you should first figure out how much USD or EUR you need to support in chips. It sounds like a cash game to me.

50 as the buy-in x 8, so thats the bank to start, but lets say everyone is going to buy in 2 times (buy-in plus 1 rebuy), you're looking at 50 x (8 x 2).

800 is your bank, but I like to add 10% and round up to the nearest 100, so 880 > 900 USD?

.25/.5

I would do something like:

100 x .25
160 x 1
200 x 5
40 x 20 (or 25)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom