Chip Review #4 of ?? The Bank (1 Viewer)

Bluebaru

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Review #1 was Milano's, then Majestic's and Royal's. This review of "The Bank" is my 4th and last review of the "China clays" that I have.

The Bank chips are the 2nd most expensive of the "clays" I have, at $.45 each. 3 cent more than Majestic's and 7 cents less than the Royal's. As with all my "clay's" I wiped them down with a damp micro fiber cloth to get rid of the dust and bring out the colors.

Subjective, My first impression was they are not stunning but certainly better looking than the Milano's in general. About on par with the Majestic's. Chip values start at .25 and through the 11 chip range go up to 2000. No $ signs are attached to the values, which could be good, I guess but that doesn't bother me. I understand that this is something 18xx and other gamers might actually prefer and can be used a damage counters.

As far as the appearance of individual chips go, the 20 is a little boring and the 500 leaves a little something to be desired but I can't put my finger on it. If I wanted to go semi-custom, on some of the chip values, I'd make the pink (50) chip 500 and maybe the light blue (10) chip 2000. This could add some chip security to your high value chips, if your set topped out at 500 or 2000. While I normally like the looks of yellow chips, I like the idea of going from a 500 to 2000, instead of 1000.

A good looking, 4 color, tournament set could be put together with the 1,5,25 100 or a 5,25,100,500 or a 25,100,500 and then either the 1000 or 2000.

Objective, 10 chips measured 33.48mm about a half a mm more than the Majestic's and about .25 mm less than the Royal's. Average diameter was 39.85mm.

On the tilt/slid test, on a padded felt surface, intended to decide which chips would stand up best to a bumped table, these were by far the best (least likely to fall over, of the 4 China clays. In fact, they were about as likely to slid as they were to fall over and I had to have a barrier, to keep them from sliding, to compare them fairly on which would fall first.

There is no label progression, except for the values but the edge spot progression for any likely tournament set, is good to excellent.

My ceramic Tiki Kings and Dia de los Muertos will be reviewed sometime in the next week or so.

In the meantime, keep your stick on the Ice and may all your cards be live.

Just a suggestion since these seem to go together — maybe link to each of the previous in the first post so users can consume them all together?

Hope you add pictures, it'd help.
I'd like to but I'm an old F*** and don't know how to get pics from my phone to the computer or from my computer to a post.
If someone else would post pics, that would be great.

Sorry

I'd like to but I'm an old F*** and don't know how to get pics from my phone to the computer or from my computer to a post.
If someone else would post pics, that would be great.

Sorry
Just an idea...but if you use the browser on your phone to access the post, all of these problems may go away?!:)!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom